Viking Daily Schedule

tierneycm

Is there any way to add notes to the existing Viking daily schedule? I'd like to add our private excursions and notes about places we might want to see. I guess I can create a new schedule, but was hoping someone knew a trick.

Is there any way to add notes to the existing Viking daily schedule? I'd like to add our private excursions and notes about places we might want to see. I guess I can create a new schedule, but was hoping someone knew a trick.

Do you mean your schedule from My Viking Journey?

What I did was access “My Calendar” on MVJ, then clicked on “View Trip Summary.” This document lists all cruise dates, excursions, dinner reservations, etc. I copied this document and pasted into Excel. We’ve been adding things to it for several weeks. Works great for us.

Jerry

Do you mean your schedule from My Viking Journey?

What I did was access “My Calendar” on MVJ, then clicked on “View Trip Summary.” This document lists all cruise dates, excursions, dinner reservations, etc. I copied this document and pasted into Excel. We’ve been adding things to it for several weeks. Works great for us.

Jerry

Thank you!! Very, very helpful for those of us that just don't have the patience to play around figuring these things out.

Wish we could rename this thread "MVJ: User Tips and Workarounds" and let this conversation go from there. Well, that is up to OP and the moderator, I guess, but I'm not above dropping hints. :evilsmile:

Thanks. I was wondering how to personalize the calendar too. These boards are so helpful and informative. Thank you to all the seasoned cruisers. This will also be our first Viking Ocean cruise - Homelands in September.

I wish Viking would add community forums to their site. It would be a great place to share cruise-specific topics not to mention a convenient venue for Viking to eavesdrop, but do that now here on CC. ;)So, hopefully they do listen to valid concerns.

I wish Viking would add community forums to their site. It would be a great place to share cruise-specific topics not to mention a convenient venue for Viking to eavesdrop, but do that now here on CC. ;)So, hopefully they do listen to valid concerns.

Do other cruise lines offer them? I haven't sailed any other cruise lines in recent years, so I am asking.

Still, I think my reaction is that I would rather discuss a cruise line on a third-party site. V has an F B discussion group but I won't take part in it at all because, unlike CC, I would not be protected by a screen name and I have heard that they delete comments that they don't like. Those would be my fears if they started their own community forums.

I'm not sure if other cruise companies have forums, but I know some land tour companies do so that travelers can meet online before a particular tour date.

As far as FB...

I don't think that the negative comments can be deleted. Only the OP has the ability to edit/delete a post. I follow a given retailers FB board and I ( as well as others) have personally used it as a vehicle to voice a complaint or two over the years. It is monitored by the company and my personal issue was taken to a private message and rectified.

In these days of social media, we consumers have a voice.

I just thought that if Viking or other cruise companies had their own roll calls/forums, etc it would let other passengers get to communicate. There are many that do not know the first thing about Cruise Critic or are intimidated to try to learn.

I'm not sure if other cruise companies have forums, but I know some land tour companies do so that travelers can meet online before a particular tour date.

As far as FB...

I don't think that the negative comments can be deleted. Only the OP has the ability to edit/delete a post. I follow a given retailers FB board and I ( as well as others) have personally used it as a vehicle to voice a complaint or two over the years. It is monitored by the company and my personal issue was taken to a private message and rectified.

In these days of social media, we consumers have a voice.

I just thought that if Viking or other cruise companies had their own roll calls/forums, etc it would let other passengers get to communicate. There are many that do not know the first thing about Cruise Critic or are intimidated to try to learn.

All food for thought for the cruise lines, but still, unless I can participate under an alias, I am not going to be discussing my future cruise plans on any public forum.

As far as FB...

I am Admin on our RV Club's forum/webpage and have the ability to delete or edit any post and can also block any member or even an IP Address.

Since I don't use Facebook, DW is one of the Admin/Moderators on our FB site. She has the ability to approve new members, delete any post not complying with the rules and also to block existing members.