Cockleshell Beach w/RCCL

ccletzgo

Is $43 pp for a reserved chair and a drink really necessary:eek:? I'm reading $7.00 pp each way by shuttle. Will chairs be available to rent?

We went to Cockleshell in May 2013 and were in St. Kitts again in Sep. 2015 and cab prices were the same. Yes, a shared cab (4 or more people) would be $7 pp each way, but the actual charge for a cab to Cockleshell is $28.00. When we were there, we got 2 loungers and one umbrella at a spot on the beach near the Reggae Beach Bar/grille and I think it was about $15 - $20 total. I forget how much we paid for the beers we had at Reggae, but they were very reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a good resource for taxi fares and whatnot? The travel guides I've seen will give general guidance, but they don't break down taxi fares by destination (even though it's my understanding that the fares are fixed). Also, how do taxis work at the port? It will be just my wife and I traveling. Will the driver take just the two of us, or will he look for some other groups going to the same place to fill the car? I'm guessing it's the former, but I wanted to double check.

It is difficult to find a good site online for taxi fares that is updated regularly. The taxi fares are regulated regulated by the government but tour prices are what the market will bear or your negotiating skill. You may try this site: http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/discover-st-kitts-nevis-beaches-site-index.html, on the left side is a tab for taxi rates

Edited by paul58
information

Is $43 pp for a reserved chair and a drink really necessary:eek:? I'm reading $7.00 pp each way by shuttle. Will chairs be available to rent?

SO glad that you asked this, my husband wants to go to Nevis but my daughter and I just want the beach! We are sailing on FOS 8/4/18 and are interested in Cockleshell Bay. Have you been there before?

We've booked thru Pereira Tours for $20 per person for a reserved chair, shared umbrella and round trip transportation to and from Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar) and a welcome rum punch. We've used Liz before and comes highly recommended.

• 4 weeks later...
We've booked thru Pereira Tours for $20 per person for a reserved chair, shared umbrella and round trip transportation to and from Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar) and a welcome rum punch. We've used Liz before and comes highly recommended.

I just checked their website and wanted to make sure that people are aware the chair and umbrella is NOT included in the $20 so it will be extra