Emerald Princess cabin B751

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:35 AM.
#2
Chico, California
11,363 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Never sailed in that cabin but would take it in a heartbeat. I've seen numerous posts stating that the support beam is a non-issue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...





#3
Shasta Lake, Ca.
65 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
I was in B748 on the Ruby, port corner, sister ship. Absolutely gorgeous views. The noise from the churning of the props is constant, however it becomes white noise after awhile and you won't notice it as much. If you like motion, this is the area for you. Depending on the seas, the pitching and rolling can be significant. Coming back form Cabo, we laid on the bed looking out at the horizon rise above the handrail and then fall below sight-line of the deck. Usually you could feel a slight vibration as well, back there. Not much, but noticeable. You will find an unmarked door next to 749: that is your short cut to Club Fusion for your muster drill. Expect a long walk to everywhere. I don't want to be a buzz-kill, but wanted to relay my experience. Would I book this cabin again? You betcha, in a heart beat; especially in calmer waters than the Mexi-Cali Coast. The views and the privacy back there are priceless!
It is completely covered.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Caribbean Princess Aruba, Curacao 4/2013
#4
768 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Thanks so much, you guys! Thrak, this room is for our October 24-November 18th sailing on the Emerald! I was just about to join the roll call, & I noticed your name on there. So excited for this itinerary....! This will be our first balcony, thanks to a move-over offer from last year.
#5
Chico, California
11,363 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by SusieS
Thanks so much, you guys! Thrak, this room is for our October 24-November 18th sailing on the Emerald! I was just about to join the roll call, & I noticed your name on there. So excited for this itinerary....! This will be our first balcony, thanks to a move-over offer from last year.
Congratulations! We live in the hope of a move-over offer. Missing a planned cruise would be hard but getting a free cruise would make up for it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...





#6
768 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
What I would really like next time, (if there is a next time!), is to have a move under offer. That way we can still go on the planned cruise, but trade a balcony for an inside room, & the cruise is then free. That i’d do in a heartbeat!
#7
768 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Eddy, was the slight vibration constant? I can remember once checking out the Adiago bar on the Ruby, & the slight vibration I felt while sitting there actually made me feel sick....Maybe I should rethink this!
#8
Shasta Lake, Ca.
65 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
I didn't always notice it and it didn't bother my sleep, but I'm sure that it was always there. Didn't pay attention as to the severity at different speeds but I'm sure that the vibrations diminished as the speed decreased. The vibration wasn't as bad as the pitching and rolling in the rough California current off the coast of Mexico between Cabo and LA. Our cruise was late Nov/early Dec.

I'd still still book the cabin. UBD after leaving Cabo was perfect!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Caribbean Princess Aruba, Curacao 4/2013
#9
Chico, California
11,363 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by SusieS
Eddy, was the slight vibration constant? I can remember once checking out the Adiago bar on the Ruby, & the slight vibration I felt while sitting there actually made me feel sick....Maybe I should rethink this!
If you book an aft-facing cabin you will definitely feel vibration. It didn't bother us at all. Another person we cruised with hated the vibration and said, "Never again!"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...





#10
13,822 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by EDDY0827
I was in B748 on the Ruby, port corner, sister ship. Absolutely gorgeous views. The noise from the churning of the props is constant, however it becomes white noise after awhile and you won't notice it as much. If you like motion, this is the area for you. Depending on the seas, the pitching and rolling can be significant. Coming back form Cabo, we laid on the bed looking out at the horizon rise above the handrail and then fall below sight-line of the deck. Usually you could feel a slight vibration as well, back there. Not much, but noticeable. You will find an unmarked door next to 749: that is your short cut to Club Fusion for your muster drill. Expect a long walk to everywhere. I don't want to be a buzz-kill, but wanted to relay my experience. Would I book this cabin again? You betcha, in a heart beat; especially in calmer waters than the Mexi-Cali Coast. The views and the privacy back there are priceless!
It is completely covered.
So often people don't post the negative aspects of a cabin so it's really good to read your comments. People need to know the good AND the bad to make a decision that works for them and their situation.
We've experienced the same thing on any aft cabin we've had on Princess. The vibration is definitely noticeable and the movement is definitely more noticeable than being midship, or even mid-aft. It's not as noticeable with other cruise lines' ships, but with Princess it is. Just something to be aware of in case that kind of thing bothers you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Completed Cruises so far - Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer
Upcoming Cruises:
Left for 2018: Azamara Quest
& Emerald Princess
2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Jewel OTS
2020: Royal Princess, Celebrity Summit & 2 more TBD
#11
768 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Thank you all...this has been beyond helpful! As much as we’ve always pined for an aft balcony, this could also be a really bad move for me. We’ll switch to mid-ship!
#12
South Carolina
30,452 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Originally posted by SusieS
Thank you all...this has been beyond helpful! As much as we’ve always pined for an aft balcony, this could also be a really bad move for me. We’ll switch to mid-ship!
Seems you are making a good decision to switch to mid-ship!
With mid-ship you will never be more than halfway from anyplace on the ship to and from your cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
#13
768 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by OCruisers
Seems you are making a good decision to switch to mid-ship!
With mid-ship you will never be more than halfway from anyplace on the ship to and from your cabin.
True that!