P&O Newbie questions

Onelung

Hi

I'm new to P&O (but not cruising) and have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know how much the speciality restaurants are on Britannia?

If you book a cabin and tick "upgrade" do they call you first to offer it so that you can so no if you don't like the location?

Many thanks all

Hi

Can't give exact prices but we are pretty sure that the most expensive - Epicurean - was about £28 pp last time we went. Sindhus is cheaper and the Glass House had individual prices but was only about £15 for us. If you have been on American cruise lines this will be far cheaper.

Sorry not to be more precise.

If you book a cabin and tick "upgrade" do they call you first to offer it so that you can so no if you don't like the location?

Many thanks all

Not sure if the above helps or not

Hi

Many thanks all

If you are happy with the location and cabin you booked tick no upgrade because their idea of an upgrade may not be to your liking and they will just do it and you are stuck with it.

Hi

Many thanks all

Prices are on P&Os website if you search speciality restaurants in search box.

I've heard of LOADS of people who have been upgraded to cabins they feel are worse without being asked. Definitely tick the do not upgrade box if you like your cabin and don't want to move. It's just a risk.

Each speciality restaurant is a different price. I went to them all onboard Britannia (apart from glasshouse). I haven't got the information about how much they cost at the moment but I will be writing a review of them on my site soon.

I love love loved the Britannia and the speciality restaurants were one thing that I think you should do if you can. Sindhu and the beach house were my favourite! (More about them on my site which is in the signature)

:)

We have just returned off Britannia and Sinhu was £20 each and Epicurian was £28. Sorry can't remember the prices of the others.

Thanks all. Very helpful and not nearly as expensive as Celebrity which is what we have sailed previously.