Penthouse Suite Locations

Mahogany

I am considering a cruise on Viking Sky in a Penthouse Suite. There are 10 on Deck 7 which is a busy deck with Lounge, Pool, and Buffet. Does anyone know if there is a jogging track on Deck 9 which would affect noise in staterooms on 8?

I am considering a cruise on Viking Sky in a Penthouse Suite. There are 10 on Deck 7 which is a busy deck with Lounge, Pool, and Buffet. Does anyone know if there is a jogging track on Deck 9 which would affect noise in staterooms on 8?

Jogging/walking track is, I believe on 8. The ones forward on 7 deck are actually on a quiet corridor with the main traffic on the starboard side passageway. Which, by the way, parades right by the door to the Owner's Suite. As far as I know the occupants of that spacious suite had no complaints....:cool:

Jogging/walking track is, I believe on 8. The ones forward on 7 deck are actually on a quiet corridor with the main traffic on the starboard side passageway. Which, by the way, parades right by the door to the Owner's Suite. As far as I know the occupants of that spacious suite had no complaints....:cool:

I thought the walking/jogging track was on Deck 2 and that 8 was not designed for that purpose at all.

I thought the walking/jogging track was on Deck 2 and that 8 was not designed for that purpose at all.

You are right about deck 2 and in practice all day walkers and a few joggers circled deck 8. We preferred lounging around the pool on 7.👍

We’ve been in 8017. Contrary to the deck plan, it was right opposite the elevator lobby. We had absolutely no noise issues and rarely saw another passenger in the corridor. You do feel a little more ship movement at that deck height, but that was pretty minimal as well. We very much enjoyed the cabin and being on deck 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in 8007 on Viking Star, there were a few afternoons where we were conscious of the sound of golf balls landing on the deck around the putting area which was above us. Fortunately this area is only open during the day, so even though it 'disturbed' my daily post excursion/pre dinner nap a few times, it wasn't really an issue for us...also this only happened during the first segment of our cruise; so I suspect the group who were enjoying the putting green weren't on our second leg.

Who the heck was making a noise with golf balls when putting? Just what sort of people are they? I can appreciate noise from balls during chipping practice, but putting - there should be virtually no noise, not so?

The first time it happened I went upstairs to confirm the source of the noise...if the balls stayed on the putting green there would be no noise, these were rolling off of the area and landing on the deck/walkway next to the area. We sailed over Christmas/New Years, so there were quite a few multi-generational groups onboard, these were the younger members of one such group, they were very enthusiastic and not at all good at putting.

We were in 8004 on the Sky last year and was right under the Bocce Ball drop zone. No problem at night but major problem on sea days. Cruise director was supposed to limit use but that never happened. Guest services offered a bottle of wine for compensation. Imagine our reaction since the cabin was already stocked with the same included wine! Viking made another offer after the cruise.

I don't think Sea or Star had Bocce ball and it seemed to be an impromptu add on with no isolation, so it might have been fixed by now,

• 1 month later...

We stayed in a penthouse junior suite on deck 7 and loved the location. In my opinion, it's better than deck 8. You are on the same deck as most of the main activities (World café, pool, wintergarden, explorer lounge), so you don't have to go up or down stairs or elevator for any of these. The short corridor that the suites are on is very secluded, so no one else wanders there, except the few who are staying in cabins there. We felt we had a very private and quiet location.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to put you off at all as we had a lovely stay in a Junior Suite (8006 I think) but for what you get extra we have been very happy in the Penthouse Veranda Cabins and really do not think it is worth the extra but of course it is personal choice!! It is not an affordability issue for us we just did not think it justified the extra , although I loved being able to walk straight out into the upper Lovell of the Explorer’s lounge to have my early morning coffee!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

We are booked into 6018 on the Star, and I see that it is right below the corridor leading into Mamsen's and the explorer lounge.

We can probably switch to 6019 (the "helpful" agent had us in there first then thought we would have better views on the starboard side of the ship).  6019 looks like it is under cabins instead of a corridor, and might be a better choice.

Anyone have any experience in this cabin?

On 1/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, daryllafferty said:

We are booked into 6018 on the Star, and I see that it is right below the corridor leading into Mamsen's and the explorer lounge.

We can probably switch to 6019 (the "helpful" agent had us in there first then thought we would have better views on the starboard side of the ship).  6019 looks like it is under cabins instead of a corridor, and might be a better choice.

Anyone have any experience in this cabin?

daryllaferty,

We have sailed twice enjoying the comforts, amenities and location of 6019. It is probably our favorite cabin. We have also sailed in 6023 and will be doing so again in August for our Alaska and the Inside Passage cruise (6019 wasn't available).  For a different perspective, we booked our March 2021 South Atlantic Crossing for the port side in 6018.  Needless to say we like Viking and their PS 3 accommodations.

Despite the lobby for the forward bank of elevators and stairwell being right out side the PS cabins on Deck 6, there were no problems with noise or congestion there.

Senior Gators

Edited by Senior Gators

• 2 weeks later...