Renderings of new Terminal 25 for Edge

CruisingTheWaves

Here's the press release out today, I also posted this on the Celebrity Board

A Revolutionary New Terminal For A Revolutionary New Ship

Introducing Terminal 25, the new home of modern luxury

Photos(1)

MIAMI, June 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Designed to leave guests in awe, Celebrity Cruises celebrates another milestone with the unveiling of the line's first ever brand-designed cruise terminal, Terminal 25 (T25), located at Port Everglades in Hollywood, Fla. Designed to complement the sophistication of the terminal's future resident – the industry's most anticipated new ship, Celebrity Edge – T25 features cutting-edge technology and a sleek design, all crafted to create the ultimate guest experience.

Grand_Plaza.jpg

Brought to life in collaboration with Broward County's Port Everglades and seasoned architectural firm Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc., T25 melds a gorgeous, warm design with unique technology, such as Frictionless Arrival, which will make the check-in process absolutely seamless, and an interactive light wall art installation. T25 will also offer Suite Class guests a singular experience along the path to The Retreat, with an exclusive lounge, elevator lobbies, screening areas and even a private rooftop terrace.

"When designing the revolutionary Celebrity Edge, we knew we wanted to design a terminal that perfectly complemented the ship and matched its one-of-a-kind experience," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "With cutting-edge technology, in service of a gorgeous design, T25 is that perfect new home. T25 also happens to be Celebrity's first ever brand-designed cruise terminal, which not only represents a milestone for Celebrity, but also presented us with the opportunity to set yet another standard in design and create the perfect guest experience."

"This is the largest financial investment that Port Everglades has made in a cruise terminal, and we fully anticipate that Terminal 25's iconic design will be a showcase for Broward County and Celebrity Cruises as we strive to create an inviting and fun environment for the millions of cruise passengers who visit here," said Broward County Mayor Beam Furr.

"We are replacing two smaller and outdated cruise terminals with an innovative facility that is inspired by the sleek, futuristic design of Celebrity Edge and can accommodate some of the world's largest cruise ships," said Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director Steven Cernak. "The time was right to build a new Terminal 25 that uses cutting-edge technology, such as electronic media-mesh for innovative messaging, to attract contemporary travelers who want to explore the world."

T25 also features a 1,463 sq. ft. GKD Mediamesh that will wrap the terminal's exterior, juxtaposing the more than 18,000 sq. ft. of outward facing glass, and the first purpose-built crew lounge of any Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. terminal. This crew lounge will have complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity, TV access, optimized storage, quiet places for employees and more.

Scheduled for completion in late October 2018, T25 will be the new home to many Celebrity ships during their winter deployment, including Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette. Along with these ships, the terminal will be LEED certified and able to accommodate up to a 1,150-foot-long ship. When Celebrity is not using T25 the facility will be open to other cruise lines.

Currently, Port Everglades welcomes on average approximately 335,000 Celebrity guests annually, representing about nine percent of its overall passenger traffic. Once the new cruise terminal is completed, it is anticipated that Celebrity will generate nearly 500,000 travelers at Port Everglades – representing no less than 14 percent of the port's projected passenger traffic.

About Celebrity Cruises:

Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents incredible cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.

About Port Everglades:

Located in the second largest county in Florida, Broward County's Port Everglades is consistently ranked as one of the three busiest cruise ports in the world with more than 3.8 million passengers in fiscal year 2017 (Oct. 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017). Ten cruise lines, one ferry service and nearly 40 cruise ships sail from the South Florida seaport including: Balearia's Bahamas Express (ferry), Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Costa Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Pearl Seas Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, and Silversea Cruises. The Port's wide-ranging fleet of cruise ships provides guests with an array of cruise vacation choices from the Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and Dania Beach area. View details on the latest cruise offerings at porteverglades.net or contact us by emailing PortEverglades@broward.org.

Celebrity_Cruises_Logo.jpg

SOURCE Celebrity Cruises

For further information: Nathalie Alberto, (305) 539-6721, nalberto@celebrity.com; Bradley Norman, (305) 539-4413, bradleynorman@celebrity.com

adchoicesi.png

© 2018 Oath Inc. All Rights Reserved

Don

Looks wonderful! Seeing the rendition of the ship at T25 is wonderful, but makes it harder to wait!

The suite lounge area looks sweet and hopefully all suites will get the royal treatment ( there is a plethora of Sky Suites). [emoji2] Makes me happy that we decided to pay a premium for a suite so that we can hopefully experience the suite embarkation experience. Will enjoy it on the 3 cruises booked and then likely will be priced out of suites, though the terminal looks amazing for all!

Lloyd posted the pics on his thread...This was my comment:

"These look great.. even a coffee bar...thanks for sharing.

Main concern for us will be parking arrangements and distance to check in from there. Hoping for a HUGE improvement"

The PR stuff is enlightening.

We usually have good timing and not much of a wait to board...facility is extremely nice but hoping we won't be held there too long for AQ/ E +

If anyone knows more about the parking..and distance to terminal, please share an update!

Love the drawings of the expected new Termianl 25. Looks like it has great support. The only thing I chuckle at is, the drawings must be of after a ship left and the two or three people in the terminal are the one’s who missed the sailing. Where are the 1,000+ of us queuing up to get on board? To depict a true view that we’ll actually experience, they needed to add one or two more people (or 4 or 5...hundred).

Looking forward to enjoying it.

Den

Love the drawings of the expected new Termianl 25. Looks like it has great support. The only thing I chuckle at is, the drawings must be of after a ship left and the two or three people in the terminal are the one’s who missed the sailing. Where are the 1,000+ of us queuing up to get on board? To depict a true view that we’ll actually experience, they needed to add one or two more people (or 4 or 5...hundred).

Looking forward to enjoying it.

Den

It's going to look like that when I am there at 0800 on Dec 1, with my bags and ready to go! :)

It's going to look like that when I am there at 0800 on Dec 1, with my bags and ready to go! :)

I’ll be thinking of you Dec 1st, and feeling sooooo sorry you are stuck in those lines trying to get on board.......Not!!

Enjoy and please post as soon as you can. The early Edge Cruisers may be the best ones to buy or select as a benefit, the unlimited WiFi so we can all cruise vicariously here on CC.

Den

I’ll be thinking of you Dec 1st, and feeling sooooo sorry you are stuck in those lines trying to get on board.......Not!!

Enjoy and please post as soon as you can. The early Edge Cruisers may be the best ones to buy or select as a benefit, the unlimited WiFi so we can all cruise vicariously here on CC.

Den

Oh yes, unlimited WiFi is a necessity on those first 2 cruises. Let's hope it is all up and running properly or I will have to send my posts by Morse Code. :D

Interestingly, I found out that this picture is labeled crew lounge, so I won't be here on embarkation day. :D Good for Celebrity for having a nice space for crew to use!

35804793_10156470184220879_4075737317510217728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c0b570a2b32a512650ee4b71a52fc9f6&oe=5BA27450

This picture was labeled VIP, so maybe the suite lounge?

35820171_10156470184195879_1408918164086980608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f2046db1e3458c8c82805569ac4d0d9e&oe=5BA8060A

This may sound silly but the article states Silhouette will be using this building also. I don't believe that will be the case since we are disembarking Edge on 1/20 and going right to Silhouette for our b2b.

Also, if these are the "suite only" areas, how about some pictures of the places us lower level folks will have to use. Nice for those in the upper classes but the majority of us are just "regular folk". We are in E2 and only hope that the lines and boarding processes are so much better. Sailed out of the original terminal in 1992 on Zenith. Then the terminals got to be the worst part of the cruise. I remember disembarking one time from Silhouette and had to walk off the gangway on to the parking lot and stand in the sun waiting to get into the other terminal for the luggage. It was a nightmare. Then no private cars would be able to pick you up so we had to lug our luggage way over to what looks like now is the right end of the new building. What a disaster, especially on the weekends when ships were docked on all sides. Hoping this is a major improvement. Looks like a beautiful place to begin our cruises.:D:D

:D

This may sound silly but the article states Silhouette will be using this building also. I don't believe that will be the case since we are disembarking Edge on 1/20 and going right to Silhouette for our b2b.

Also, if these are the "suite only" areas, how about some pictures of the places us lower level folks will have to use. Nice for those in the upper classes but the majority of us are just "regular folk". We are in E2 and only hope that the lines and boarding processes are so much better. Sailed out of the original terminal in 1992 on Zenith. Then the terminals got to be the worst part of the cruise. I remember disembarking one time from Silhouette and had to walk off the gangway on to the parking lot and stand in the sun waiting to get into the other terminal for the luggage. It was a nightmare. Then no private cars would be able to pick you up so we had to lug our luggage way over to what looks like now is the right end of the new building. What a disaster, especially on the weekends when ships were docked on all sides. Hoping this is a major improvement. Looks like a beautiful place to begin our cruises.:D:D

:D

The terminal will be used for other Celebrity ships when Edge is not in port, and in addition it is open to other cruise lines when Celebrity is not using the terminal.

I found a couple of pictures of the check in area "Designed to complement the sophistication of the terminal’s... future resident – the industry’s most anticipated new ship, Celebrity Edge – Terminal 25 (T25) features cutting-edge technology and a sleek design, all crafted to create the ultimate guest experience."

enhance

enhance

Baggage Area " Terminal 25 (T25) features a massive 10,400 sq. ft.... separate luggage annex to accommodate guests luggage"

enhance

And there will be a suite rooftop terrace, in addition to the suite lounge. Looks like a great spot to get some pictures of the ship while waiting to board.

"Terminal 25 (T25) will offer Suite Class guests an entirely separate experience along the path to The Retreat, with an exclusive lounge, elevator lobbies, screening areas and even a private rooftop terrace."

enhance

Looks absolutely wonderful. I hope it functions as well as it looks. Royal Caribbean/Celebrity is developing "frictionless" technology to streamline the boarding process. Hopefully that eliminates any long lines.

I sailed on the inaugural crossing of QUANTUM OF THE SEAS from Southampton to NY. Royal Caribbean had developed a new check-in procedure for that ship as well. It was supposed to eliminate check-in lines. Inside the terminal, employees would be walking around randomly to check you in with iPods. It was a bit of a disaster. My check-in was actually easy since I did everything in advance, including uploading my photo. The issue was actually getting to speak with someone to check you in. Those that didn't upload photos or complete the online check-in process beforehand had much more difficulty. Hopefully they learned from that and things will be better with EDGE.

We have rarely had long waiting times to board, but nice to know they have a nice facility if there is a long delay,...

Longest delay for us was in Bayonne when Summit was diverted on its way to the port, avoiding. a northern hurricane. We were lucky we had seats as there were not enough of them, No vending machines... Eventually Celeb brought out a nice sandwich lunch and buffet. (This was before the Bayonne refurb.)

Another was on Royal C when they had a travel partner luncheon on board, RC kept everyone waiting that day!

Point is..,The terminal is indeed beautiful...but hopefully boarding will be quick and well organized. Hoping the parking lot is adjacent or nearby. That will make walk off and drive away easier than it has been. Looking forward to a new experience,..

I USUALLY don't have a problem, but have learned not to book cruises before/after drydocks or after a reposition. this last cruise on reflection they let you check in, but then you had to go BACK downstairs after going through security once (yes, only to do it again) and wait OUTSIDE THE TERMINAL in the heat all day. they were bussing people to the mall! i was like oh hell no, i just checked in and i am not going anywhere. there was ZERO priority boarding that day, everyone was all lumped together and it was chaos. they (slightly) compensated us for the trouble after i gave them a hard time at guest relations, but i would have rather had a seamless experience than to be compensated. it was a zoo. i know it had a lot to do with customs and surprise inspections which they can't control, but how they handled the check in process and not honoring their advertised boarding perks was the problem. one time we were within the first 50 passengers on board. THAT was great. it doesn't look like it from the photos (but also notice no one has any carry on bags in the photos either and there's very few people :')) but hopefully they will include more seating than current terminals have now in the event there is an issue. i am hoping they'll have the processes down by next march.

Looks absolutely wonderful. I hope it functions as well as it looks. Royal Caribbean/Celebrity is developing "frictionless" technology to streamline the boarding process. Hopefully that eliminates any long lines.

I sailed on the inaugural crossing of QUANTUM OF THE SEAS from Southampton to NY. Royal Caribbean had developed a new check-in procedure for that ship as well. It was supposed to eliminate check-in lines. Inside the terminal, employees would be walking around randomly to check you in with iPods. It was a bit of a disaster. My check-in was actually easy since I did everything in advance, including uploading my photo. The issue was actually getting to speak with someone to check you in. Those that didn't upload photos or complete the online check-in process beforehand had much more difficulty. Hopefully they learned from that and things will be better with EDGE.

I agree that the key to the "Frictionless Arrival" or seamless check in will be completing the info pre-cruise and providing a photo for the facial recognition technology.

"The check-in process at the port can be painful, so Celebrity is looking to facial recognition and its companion mobile app to make the start of the journey seamless. Guests would fill out and validate a lot of information via the app before the journey, and at the port a security terminal will be equipped with a camera with the ability to detect passengers’ faces and pull up their information. This could be a part of your security check so you don’t have an extra stop, instead of going to the counter and getting all that [paperwork],”

As we have been told, a lot of the technology seems dependent upon smartphone use. I found this in one of the press releases, which might address concerns about carrying cell phones around on the cruise. In addition to being given a RFID card:

"For many people, smartphones may remind them of work — which is why the company is stressing that it’s working to offer aSteve similar experience for people who don’t want to carry their smartphone around."

I tried to google aSteve and didn't find any info, so unsure how that works.

The best embarkation I've experienced was also on the largest ship in the world (at the time). HARMONY OF THE SEAS. Literally 12 minutes (I timed it) from being dropped off at the terminal to walking on the ship. I've had similar experiences with OASIS and ALLURE. Royal Caribbean really has it down to a science and the custom designed terminal for those ships at Port Everglades is superb. The only downfall is the traffic flow getting in and out. It's not great. Once inside though it's a fast and seamless check-in process.

Worst embarkation process? Also on Royal Caribbean funny enough. Last November on BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS out of Tampa. Because of that experience, I never want to sail out of Tampa again. It was pretty unbelievable. A massive wait outside just to get inside the terminal. The line stretched all the way down the side of the terminal. Then another long line inside the terminal to get through security. Then another massive line to check-in. Pathetic.

I agree that the key to the "Frictionless Arrival" or seamless check in will be completing the info pre-cruise and providing a photo for the facial recognition technology.

"The check-in process at the port can be painful, so Celebrity is looking to facial recognition and its companion mobile app to make the start of the journey seamless. Guests would fill out and validate a lot of information via the app before the journey, and at the port a security terminal will be equipped with a camera with the ability to detect passengers’ faces and pull up their information. This could be a part of your security check so you don’t have an extra stop, instead of going to the counter and getting all that [paperwork],”.

After I wrote this, I was just dropping off to sleep when I remembered the Celebrity website and how we will be dependent upon that working properly to get get checked in correctly. Oh my, this could be interesting ! :rolleyes:

Wow...TPA was in our thoughts but maybe not so much now!...sounds like too much of a hassle unless it was a one off...

Guess dh and I will be behind the tech curve at EDGE ..

No idea how or why we would upload a pre cruise photo to Celebrity...too much technology is not always a good thing. If people get to port at a reasonable time and follow directions, we find the lines move quite well, including the taking your face shot,

This week we endured filling out applications to secure renewal of our US passports ; which will be followed by the dreaded process of securing a NYS enhanced driver's license. This process took a friend two trips, 2 hrs each time..long lines just to be seen..awful!

REMINDER...check your passports for expiration dates, cruise line rules about exp dates and renew promptly!

Wow...TPA was in our thoughts but maybe not so much now!...sounds like too much of a hassle unless it was a one off...

Guess dh and I will be behind the tech curve at EDGE ..

No idea how or why we would upload a pre cruise photo to Celebrity...too much technology is not always a good thing. If people get to port at a reasonable time and follow directions, we find the lines move quite well, including the taking your face shot,

This week we endured filling out applications to secure renewal of our US passports ; which will be followed by the dreaded process of securing a NYS enhanced driver's license. This process took a friend two trips, 2 hrs each time..long lines just to be seen..awful!

REMINDER...check your passports for expiration dates, cruise line rules about exp dates and renew promptly!

Thanks for the reminder - my DH’a expires next year and I had forgotten. I don’t want to get to the Edge and have him be turned away (although I would say goodbye and leave without him [emoji2]).

Thanks for the reminder - my DH’a expires next year and I had forgotten. I don’t want to get to the Edge and have him be turned away (although I would say goodbye and leave without him [emoji2]).

Love it! We were driving from the FL Panhandle with my mom going to FLL for a wedding cruise of our middle daughter. Somewhere east of Tahahassee, I asked her if she wanted to put her documents and passport with ours in the carry bag....she gives me the ‘why would I have my passport?’ THis is a woman who has cruised a good deal. I stopped; thought about various options - all bad, including leaving her on the side of I-10 to hitchhike or catch a bus, but then drove back, then to FLL. And yes, its all in the same State, but FLL is about 9hrs from our home.

Needless to say after that, I look through esverybody’s documents now.

Den

Love it! We were driving from the FL Panhandle with my mom going to FLL for a wedding cruise of our middle daughter. Somewhere east of Tahahassee, I asked her if she wanted to put her documents and passport with ours in the carry bag....she gives me the ‘why would I have my passport?’ THis is a woman who has cruised a good deal. I stopped; thought about various options - all bad, including leaving her on the side of I-10 to hitchhike or catch a bus, but then drove back, then to FLL. And yes, its all in the same State, but FLL is about 9hrs from our home.

Needless to say after that, I look through esverybody’s documents now.

Den

That sounds painful! Not everyone would have driven all the way back (and I'm sure you just smiled and said "no worries"). :D

I was looking at the drawings again and noticed....where are the short, dumpy guys walking around in striped shorts with plaid shirts, black knee high socks and oxfords??? Maybe all those beautiful, young, slim, well dressed people - heck, one guy is sitting there with a sports coat on - are the sons and daughters who dropped all us geezers off for the cruise and are just wandering through the beautiful Terminal after we all got on. Hope they have a drawing of all of us 1,000+ real cruisers piled up in that great looking terminal.

OK, enough of my opinon of advertising: It is a nice terminal and will make a postiives difference starting a crusing experience. Looking forward to enjoying it.

Den