Hotel in New Orleans

2tnts

We are cruising out of New Orleans in June. We are looking to stay 2 nights pre-cruise in NO. I have never been to NO, and therefore want to experience the culture, food and Bourbon Street. There will be college students in the group, therefore we are looking for a nice hotel on / near Bourbon Street that is economical.

Any suggestions????

What kind of budget? I like several of the hotels right near Bourbon Street, but not in the FQ. They include the Sheraton, the JW Marriott, and the Hampton Inn. For more FQ charm, several other recommend the Monteleone (great hotel) on Royal and the French Market Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising out of New Orleans in June. We are looking to stay 2 nights pre-cruise in NO. I have never been to NO, and therefore want to experience the culture, food and Bourbon Street. There will be college students in the group, therefore we are looking for a nice hotel on / near Bourbon Street that is economical.

Any suggestions????

We stayed at two different hotels in new Orleans. Hotel le Marias and place d'armes. Both good locations. Place d'armes was cheaper but not as fancy, older and not very updated but clean and we enjoyed our night there. The other was very modern.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good afternoon.

My wife and I have just returned from a New Orleans back to back cruise where we spent 5 nights in between the two cruises (American Queen and carnival Dream)

We stayed at the Whitney Hotel which we found an amazing place for the price and very convenient (Central) for all our needs.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful.

We disembarked around 08.45 and arrived at the hotel to hopefully deposit our bags and start our visit.

Bingo. They checked us in to our room immediately, we were unpacked by 09.15.

Out of interest, you may like to read my New Orleans review from a previous visit last year. Here's the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/12/29/one-way-to-do-new-orleans-part-1/