Take A Virtual Tour Down The Mighty Miss.

cjalphonso

I'd like to add that the ferry at Chalmette was used to rescue Katrina victims of St. Bernard. It was overloaded with injured and ill passengers when it travelled up River to Algiers point (that first big bend in the river which causes the ship to list so drastically to port side) where there were Crescent City Connection Police commandeered buses awaiting to bring them to safety. They (ahem, we) did this twice!

Edited by Babycat

• 1 year later...

Thank you for writing such a complete history of what we'll see. So thoughtful of you to take the time to post this. We're sailing from NOLA in March and are spending a few days exploring the city (mostly the French Quarter) before we sail. I'll print this to take with us.

• 5 months later...

Wow, I posted this almost 8 years ago and I still see people using it today. How awesome is that. I still visit NOLA every year for Thanksgiving, but I haven't sailed out of it in a long time. I always thought it would be pretty cool to see someone using this while on the same cruise. Happy sailing!!!

• Like 1

What a wonderful list. We will be sailing out of New Orleans on a 23 day riverboat cruise from New Orleans to Minnesota. Will we be able to see these hidden and historical from our riverboat?

Ā 

Probably not. These sights are all downriver. You will be heading upriver.

• 1 year later...

After reading this, I got my room switched from the starboard side to the port side for my December cruise on the Valor. Sadly, sunset is about an hour after we set sail but I should be able to see most of this before it gets too dark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 1:19 PM, cjalphonso said:

Wow, I posted this almost 8 years ago and I still see people using it today. How awesome is that. I still visit NOLA every year for Thanksgiving, but I haven't sailed out of it in a long time. I always thought it would be pretty cool to see someone using this while on the same cruise. Happy sailing!!!

We are another couple very happy to be able to print this out and use this as we cruise along!! Thank you! Obviously a few things may have changed, but the gist is there and it will be very neat to have this (and there was another list in here that we will utilize as well) for those that are unfamiliar, like us! Can't wait to spend some time in the Big Easy as well as enjoy our much needed cruise!Ā ā¤ļø

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...