Post Cruise/Pre-flight

Carriecruises

Our flight home isn't until 6:15pm. Our group of 6 really would hate to waste a day at the airport. We looked at advance check in but that is going to be well over $200 just to take our luggage to the airport. Any suggestions? Any place to store the luggage? Are there any city tours that would carry our luggage along with us? TYIA

Thanks but we are disembarking in the morning and flying out the same evening so won’t have a hotel.

Sometimes your Pre-Cruise Hotel will let you store your bags Post-Cruise even if you are not staying there Post-Cruise and only need to store bags for the day.

We are in a similar situation for next month. Our flight leaves at 4pm. I ended up booking a minivan to pickup near the port, that way we have somewhere to put our luggage plus have transportation to the airport. It was under $100 for a 9am pickup and 3pm drop-off at the airport.

We rented a car from the city area ( took cab to rental office) and used the car to store luggage and toured some plantations for our 8pm flight. Depending on how many people this may be cheaper then just the luggage storage, but it doesn’t work as well to stay in New Orleans because of the high parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
We rented a car from the city area ( took cab to rental office) and used the car to store luggage and toured some plantations for our 8pm flight. Depending on how many people this may be cheaper then just the luggage storage, but it doesn’t work as well to stay in New Orleans because of the high parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who did you use for rental car?

I cant find info on "one way" rentals, some places allow it, some don't. We are having same issue, very late flight 8pm on the Sunday we return, was thinking a car rental would be perfect solution. To clarify: "one way" rental I mean, rent from an office in downtown and return at the airport.

Edited by sbnuggie
clarified one way rental meaning.

Who did you use for rental car?

I cant find info on "one way" rentals, some places allow it, some don't. We are having same issue, very late flight 8pm on the Sunday we return, was thinking a car rental would be perfect solution. To clarify: "one way" rental I mean, rent from an office in downtown and return at the airport.

We did this earlier this month. We used Avis. Very convenient location you can walk to from cruise terminal.