Hotels?

parttimr

Saint Greg can you help me out. Found Hilton Riverside with taxes for Oct 13 (three adults) for $249 a night. Flying in so wanting to stay close to port and sightseeing. Should I hold out for cheaper price as dates get closer or any recommendations on what to book? We will not have a car.I don't care if we stay at Omni or Hilton but won't have a car so just trying to stay close to port and activities unless you can recommend something. Didn't really want to pay that much.

There's a physician's conference that ends that day....And that's the weekend of the Crescent City BBQ and Blues festival which is just a few blocks away. If that's where you want to be, I'd probably book it soon.

Let me throw out another option. Look at hotwire under warehouse district. See the 3* with 85% recommendation for $118? That should be the courtyard which is right across from embassy suites...and next door to world of beer :hearteyes:. It has 4.5 stars on trip advisor and it's a short walk to the port. That one comes to $150 after tax. If you book any hotwire hotel over $100 today or tomorrow you can use the code SPRINGDEAL for $10 off.

If you are set on Riverside...You can get it on Hotwire for $186....$238 after taxes. Do your search for 2 adults, 2 children and it'll give you a $186 price and an option for a 2 queen bed room.

There's a physician's conference that ends that day....And that's the weekend of the Crescent City BBQ and Blues festival which is just a few blocks away. If that's where you want to be, I'd probably book it soon.

Let me throw out another option. Look at hotwire under warehouse district. See the 3* with 85% recommendation for $118? That should be the courtyard which is right across from embassy suites...and next door to world of beer :hearteyes:. It has 4.5 stars on trip advisor and it's a short walk to the port. That one comes to $150 after tax. If you book any hotwire hotel over $100 today or tomorrow you can use the code SPRINGDEAL for $10 off.

If you are set on Riverside...You can get it on Hotwire for $186....$238 after taxes. Do your search for 2 adults, 2 children and it'll give you a $186 price and an option for a 2 queen bed room.

Thank you so much. We booked the courtyard! I really appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Saint Greg are you still around? Do you know which hotel is a 4 star boutique hotel French Quarter/ Mississippi River on Hotwire? Thanks for any info you have.

I just looked at it for the night before my next cruise and it looks like Le Meridian. If you give me your dates I can make sure you’re looking at the same thing I am.

I just looked at it for the night before my next cruise and it looks like Le Meridian. If you give me your dates I can make sure you’re looking at the same thing I am.

I am looking at Nov. 23, 24 just prior to our cruise. Thanks for your quick response.

Saint Greg, since you are obviously the NOLA hotel expert around...I stupidly booked a cruise on price without checking what is going down in NOLA the wkd prior (we always do at least 2 days in town)...and it’s Voodoo Fest...my normal Priceline score of the Canal St Marriott for around $100/night is obviously out. Any suggestions for quarter or near hotels? At your leisure, and thanks in advance.

Saint Greg, since you are obviously the NOLA hotel expert around...I stupidly booked a cruise on price without checking what is going down in NOLA the wkd prior (we always do at least 2 days in town)...and it’s Voodoo Fest...my normal Priceline score of the Canal St Marriott for around $100/night is obviously out. Any suggestions for quarter or near hotels? At your leisure, and thanks in advance.

What nights are you staying? Friday, Saturday?

Yes, definitely Saturday, most likely Friday. The 26th and 27th.

I don't know what your price range is...If it were me...under the circumstances I'd be looking at hotels under $200/night and hoping to find something around $150/night.

Looking at hotwire the best deals are in the warehouse district which is closer to the port. Sounds like you prefer to stay closer to the French Quarter but here are the ones from the warehouse district.

3* warehouse district 85% recommendation for $121 - I believe this to be Springhill Suites

3.5* warehouse district 85% recommendation for $166 - I believe this to be Hilton Garden Inn (Edit: this hotel is now gone)

3.5* warehouse district all suites hotel 85% recommendation for $193 - I believe this hotel to be Embassy Suites

For closer to the French Quarter I would look to a website I've used a couple times in situations like this..it's called last minute travel. They have a 3* on Canal Street called B on Canal for $156. Looks pretty solid. Has 3.5 stars on Trip Advisor and you can cancel up until 10/25.

https://www.lastminutetravel.com/hotels/details?hotelId=254972&startDate=2018-10-26&endDate=2018-10-28&adults=2&children=

I don't know what your price range is...If it were me...under the circumstances I'd be looking at hotels under $200/night and hoping to find something around $150/night.

Looking at hotwire the best deals are in the warehouse district which is closer to the port. Sounds like you prefer to stay closer to the French Quarter but here are the ones from the warehouse district.

3* warehouse district 85% recommendation for $121 - I believe this to be Springhill Suites

3.5* warehouse district 85% recommendation for $166 - I believe this to be Hilton Garden Inn (Edit: this hotel is now gone)

3.5* warehouse district all suites hotel 85% recommendation for $193 - I believe this hotel to be Embassy Suites

For closer to the French Quarter I would look to a website I've used a couple times in situations like this..it's called last minute travel. They have a 3* on Canal Street called B on Canal for $156. Looks pretty solid. Has 3.5 stars on Trip Advisor and you can cancel up until 10/25.

https://www.lastminutetravel.com/hotels/details?hotelId=254972&startDate=2018-10-26&endDate=2018-10-28&adults=2&children=

Thank you so much! That’s exactly where I’m at price range wise, and we just have always stayed in the quarter, but I’ll definitely expand my horizons to the Warehouse district. We don’t mind a little extra walking.

Thank you so much! That’s exactly where I’m at price range wise, and we just have always stayed in the quarter, but I’ll definitely expand my horizons to the Warehouse district. We don’t mind a little extra walking.

And keep in mind if you do stay in the warehouse district you can always get a streetcar pass for like $3/day. There's a stop by that riverwalk mall at Julia Street. All of those hotels are within three blocks of it. You can catch a car there and take it down to the french quarter pretty quick if you don't want to walk that far.

And keep in mind if you do stay in the warehouse district you can always get a streetcar pass for like $3/day. There's a stop by that riverwalk mall at Julia Street. All of those hotels are within three blocks of it. You can catch a car there and take it down to the french quarter pretty quick if you don't want to walk that far.

Thank you!

Saint Greg,

Would you mind helping me figure out which hotels are listed on Hotwire for June 9,2018(one night stay)? I’m looking at the 3.5* ones in New Orleans downtown/ Superdome area and the warehouse district.

Thanks!

Saint Greg,

Would you mind helping me figure out which hotels are listed on Hotwire for June 9,2018(one night stay)? I’m looking at the 3.5* ones in New Orleans downtown/ Superdome area and the warehouse district.

Thanks!

3.5* Warehouse District 80%rec $125 - I believe this is the Marriot Convention Center

3.5* Central Downtown 85%rec $145 - Eliza Jane

3.5* Central Downtown all suites 85%rec $127 - Loft 523

3.5* Downtown/Superdome Boutique 90%rec $155 - Aloft

3.5* Downtown/Superdome 85% Rec $151 - Hilton Garden Inn (on gravier st.)

• 2 weeks later...
Saint Greg.. we have our pre-cruise stay at the Royal Omni but have decided to spend one night post Cruise just for Recovery. Not looking for anything real fancy what would you recommend in town or closer to the airport thank you

I'm assuming you're flying out the next day so I would say the two options would be...book a hotel close to the port and take a cab/uber/lyft to the airport the next day...or take a cab/uber/lyft to a hotel near the airport with an airport shuttle.

My choice would be booking Hilton Riverside on Hotwire which is $86 the night you get back. It's like an $8 cab ride..or you could walk through the mall to your room. Nice hotel. You have a nice seafood restaurant downstairs. If you want something light you have the riverwalk mall attached with a food court. You're still close to the French Quarter if there's something you didn't get to do...during your precruise stay. That would be my choice since the price is pretty good for Hilton that night.

If you want to get closer to the airport with a free airport shuttle and free breakfast I'd look at the Country Inn and Suites in Metairie. A Lyft there is like $16 from the port. They're $88 for your night with a free hot breakfast and shuttle to the airport. And there's an ACME oyster house about 2 blocks away for dinner.

Thank you saint Greg. Looking on Hotwire I am only seeing the Hilton Riverside for $328 a night. Am I not doing something right it will be November 17th.Thank u

You sure that’s the 17th? Aren’t you on the Dream which sails Sun-Sun? So it would be Sunday the 18th right? And I’m talking about the hot rate deal. It’s the 4* with 90% recommendation under the French Quarter/Mississippi River area for $86. If you book straight up under a regular rate that night it’s $214.