Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area?

cruisinglady65

I am going on a cruise in September, and looking to book the Quality Inn and Suites for a pre-cruise stay for one night...They have offered me a cruise package that includes the room for one night, complimentary cocktail of my choice upon arrival, breakfast the following morning, and a one way transfer down to the port of miami...all for $116.48....

It sounds very tempting, but before i deposit this deal, i would like to know if anyone has stayed at this hotel before...it looks very nice from the pictures, and the pool area looks very nice...and it is in walking distance to restaurants and stores...

Was wondering as i said if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently, and what your thoughts were on the hotel...Would appreciate any answers back...

Thank You

I am going on a cruise in September, and looking to book the Quality Inn and Suites for a pre-cruise stay for one night...They have offered me a cruise package that includes the room for one night, complimentary cocktail of my choice upon arrival, breakfast the following morning, and a one way transfer down to the port of miami...all for $116.48....

It sounds very tempting, but before i deposit this deal, i would like to know if anyone has stayed at this hotel before...it looks very nice from the pictures, and the pool area looks very nice...and it is in walking distance to restaurants and stores...

Was wondering as i said if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently, and what your thoughts were on the hotel...Would appreciate any answers back...

Thank You

Check out this link for additional info...https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Assuming you are asking about the Quality Inn and Suites Airport/Cruiseport South (there are more than one in the "area"): of the nine-count-'em-nine hotels at the I-95/Stirling Road interchange it is one of the lesser ones (though not the worst, which the Best Western wins by a mile). Breakfasts at Quality Inns are known to be mediocre compared to most other chains. But since your post header indicates you live less than a half hour drive away in Margate, why not make a scouting trip down to see for yourself?

It would be the last place I would ever stay again. I have been there twice, and it gets worse each time. The last time their driver never picked me up at the airport, finally another hotel's van asked me if I wanted a ride, as he had seen me on his last 3 times through. It was midnight and I was alone. This is an old motel style property with doors on the outside and air conditioners dripping water on the walkways. Beware their taxi desk, better to call your own from your room. High, high prices and they pick up other people and you pay full fare. The Hampton Inn next door is very good, except there really isn't any shopping or good restaurants that are easy to walk to. Very busy wide highway in front.

If it is the one near the I95 we got it on a Priceline win a few years ago. We would not go back. The only redeeming feature was the self serve laundry. Breakfast area was a disaster-mostly because people were actually hoarding food as in taking five and six yogurts each to the table. And cereal boxes. Never seen that before.

The room was fine, even if a little worn. We typically stay on 17th or on the beach. We can usually get a good 4-5 star win on Priceline that is well below the going rates.

We have stayed there a couple times when we were in a pinch for a room. It usually is packed with cruisers - which also means the line for the cruise shuttle is horrible. In our dozens of pre-cruise stays in Ft. Lauderdale I've never seen such a wait. One time we looked at the long line, ate breakfast, checked out, and then sat by the pool for a while. When we went back to see if the line was shorter some of the same people were still waiting in line for the shuttle after all that time. So we had the front desk call us a taxi and it arrived within two minutes. Just a heads up on the shuttle situation.

How far is the hotel from the centre of Fort Lauderdale and the attractions? Don't want to spend my time stuck in the hotel.

There are restaurants in the area around the hotel but it is definitely not close to Ft Lauderdale beaches or the harbor shops.

How far is the hotel from the centre of Fort Lauderdale and the attractions? Don't want to spend my time stuck in the hotel.

Check out Googlemaps. The hotel is about 6 miles from the 17th Street area of shops and restaurants, about 7 miles to the center of Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas Blvd with more restaurants and shops), and about 8 miles to the mid-beach area. Expect to incur taxi or Uber/Lyft expenses. Check out http://www.sunny.org on more info on attractions.