NCL Quietly Changes Latitudes Level Qualifications

bhorv67

Yup. With 3 Princess cruises under your belt, I am sure that you get all of their perks.

Spell check changed the word top to to. We are Elite on Princess with over 30 cruises! And their perks now far outweigh NCL perks for top level .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being that with the new numbers I will not reach Platinum for another 7 days so after January 19th but on last January's cruise I went as 2 people's plus one so yes you can take a guest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanksl. That is what I'll do then....:)

• 3 months later...

And, Princess doesn’t take away what you’ve already earned. Hubby and I are both Platinum Plus in NCL. All bennies were per person. Now, they are per cabin. And, you are limited on what you can order in the speciality restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, Princess doesn’t take away what you’ve already earned. Hubby and I are both Platinum Plus in NCL. All bennies were per person. Now, they are per cabin. And, you are limited on what you can order in the speciality restaurants.

You use to get 1 dinner each. Now you get 2 dinners per room. 2=2. And a dinner at Cagney's is far superior to Le Bistro whose menus when down hill with the launch of the Escape. You use to get 1 bag of laundry each. Now you get 1 bag of laundry each. 2=2. And being Platinum Plus, you "know" that if you order more than the 1+1+1/$20, that you would never be charged.

You use to get 1 dinner each. Now you get 2 dinners per room. 2=2. And a dinner at Cagney's is far superior to Le Bistro whose menus when down hill with the launch of the Escape. You use to get 1 bag of laundry each. Now you get 1 bag of laundry each. 2=2. And being Platinum Plus, you "know" that if you order more than the 1+1+1/$20, that you would never be charged.

Food is subjective: one may think Cagney's is better, someone else Le Bistro. If you read the responses to that question which comes up often, it is probably 50/50. People who want huge or larger servings and don't care about the atmosphere as much prefer Cagney's. Those who go for the flair will choose Le Bistro. But regardless, the fact remains, yes, you get 2 dinners, for 2....

Birdtravels, just to let you know I rarely disagree with you, but as I said food is subjective.

I think the point is that the changes were presented in the post above as being negative, but that is very subjective.

Personally, I think I slightly prefer the new benefits. Some things are better, some things are worse but the net effect is relatively neutral, in my opinion.

Whatever people’s personal opinions are of the restaurants involved, I like that there is increased choice.

I think the point is that the changes were presented in the post above as being negative, but that is very subjective.

Personally, I think I slightly prefer the new benefits. Some things are better, some things are worse but the net effect is relatively neutral, in my opinion.

Whatever people’s personal opinions are of the restaurants involved, I like that there is increased choice.

I haven’t read the whole thread but if I understand this correctly there goes my 10 percent discount on the overpriced trinkets they sell in the onboard shops. The horror!

I do not make cruise choices based on the value of the bribes that the cruise lines think they have to offer to make me repeat. We walked away from Carnival at Platinum-almost Diamond, and came back to NCL without looking back.

Just not an issue for us.

It's worth pointing out, as this thread keeps on getting resurrected, that the OP's initial complaint was that the tier levels have changed. It wasn't about the benefits.

As I'm sure the OP found out, NCL have been honouring the old tier levels where cruises were booked before last February (and apparently some where they were booked later). Therefore, when they completed their cruise last March I'm pretty sure they will have been upgraded to Silver.

Anyway, as the OP seems to have been posting on the Roll Call for a Dawn cruise in March 2018, I take it that they decided that maybe they would be cruising with NCL anymore.

As I'm sure the OP found out, NCL have been honouring the old tier levels where cruises were booked before last February (and apparently some where they were booked later). Therefore, when they completed their cruise last March I'm pretty sure they will have been upgraded to Silver.

I usually don't like to respond to old resurrected threads but this intrigued me. I booked my Getaway cruise two years ago, long before the change in tier levels. I booked it early enough that I was grandfathered in and still received the extra 7 points for booking 9 months ahead of time.

This cruise would have made me Platinum once I received the 14 points. However, with the new tiers, I now still need 7 more points. I just looked at my account after seeing this post and I did in fact get the 14 points. But, I wasn't given Platinum and I'm still Gold - 7 points shy. So, I was grandfathered for the extra 7 points for an early booking but being held to the new tiers, with needing 80 points for Platinum.

Did I read this correctly that others are having the Platinum honored with the old tiers (7 less points) when booking early? I wish that had been the case for my husband and I.

I usually don't like to respond to old resurrected threads but this intrigued me. I booked my Getaway cruise two years ago, long before the change in tier levels. I booked it early enough that I was grandfathered in and still received the extra 7 points for booking 9 months ahead of time.

This cruise would have made me Platinum once I received the 14 points. However, with the new tiers, I now still need 7 more points. I just looked at my account after seeing this post and I did in fact get the 14 points. But, I wasn't given Platinum and I'm still Gold - 7 points shy. So, I was grandfathered for the extra 7 points for an early booking but being held to the new tiers, with needing 80 points for Platinum.

Did I read this correctly that others are having the Platinum honored with the old tiers (7 less points) when booking early? I wish that had been the case for my husband and I.

Yes, people are consistently reporting that NCL have honoured the old tier level requirements when a cruise booked before the changes would have taken them into a new level, regardless of the new points requirements.

I can't confirm this myself, as I haven't progressed a level since they were changed (and won't for a few decades at the current rate).

However, in your situation, there seems to be some confusion here. You say that you are 7 points short of the required 80 points, which means you must be on 73 points. I'm pretty sure that the number of points required for platinum under the old rules was 76, so you wouldn't have been platinum on those rules and you are correctly still gold.

Having said that, you are the second person to post on here about being 7 points short of the new platinum requirement (unless that was you as well). Maybe I am wrong in thinking the old rules had platinum at 76. Are you sure that 73 would have been enough for platinum under the old rules, because I don't think it would have.

However, in your situation, there seems to be some confusion here. You say that you are 7 points short of the required 80 points, which means you must be on 73 points. I'm pretty sure that the number of points required for platinum under the old rules was 76, so you wouldn't have been platinum on those rules and you are correctly still gold.

Having said that, you are the second person to post on here about being 7 points short of the new platinum requirement (unless that was you as well). Maybe I am wrong in thinking the old rules had platinum at 76. Are you sure that 73 would have been enough for platinum under the old rules, because I don't think it would have.

You are correct! For some reason I thought I remembered it used to be 72 points - but the old platinum tier started at 76 (I just looked it up). I wouldn't have hit platinum with the old tiers either.