Anyone know about credit cards?

dinkydee718

So this is not specific to NCL, but I am wondering if anyone knows whether a credit card company that offers automatic travel insurance will payout anything if you only pay for part of the cruise cost with that card.

I live in Europe (Norway) myself, and here most credit cards that offer automatic travel insurance included, requires that at least 50% of your total travel cost (eg. min. 50% of price for flights and cruise) are paid with that card. Just google the conditions for your particular credit card from your bank, too see the detailed information regarding the travel insurance part of your card.

You need to check the terms of the credit card company. I'm sure each is different. My Citi card will cover the lesser of the actual amount paid for with my Citi card or the maximum coverage per trip.

Same with Sapphire. I have the AA Citi Card and I thought the T&C on that one had a max of $5K and all trip expenses had to be on the card...but, I read through quickly, since the Saphhires are our go to CC for travel.

Note, CC insurance excludes cancellation due to a pre-existing health condition. Look back is 60 days from purchase on Sapphires.

Edited by buggins0402

wow....I have to check my cards. Didn't know that any offered this. Thanks...the things you learn on cruise critic!

Note...medical is skimpy so it is best to buy a separate international medical policy, unless your regular coverage includes out of country. Medical costs, if you have an issue, are unlimited.

Chase Reserve ($450 a year) does include evac ($100K) but only has a small $2500 emergency medical coverage.