Walk to port

Saint Greg

There have been a lot of questions about walking to the port from hotels like embassy suites, Omni riverfront, and the convention center hotels. I was killing time yesterday morning and decided to take some pictures to help people out.

This is the route I took

8d57bfee604ccc1cbe7cde0f66c16d2e.jpg

Escalator or elevator

07ae722128d9d19e4e47c6f3dbf720b9.jpg

a315aca94330139fb78e2a3f7c2d963f.jpg

8648a5db67dfdc01373ba873072d926a.jpg

ce9544dbbb2f6b577cacff7174e353e2.jpg

Someone walking from Hilton Riverside would be coming from the left here. Those escalators are the ones that say NCL/RCCL. Carnival goes out those doors and takes a right.

7b1e8c2516bd726946629e40d7b4d964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The famous staircase you have to make it down.

4c4461316372d1786a78e09b94183aef.jpg

Hi, we will be on NCL. Do we have to go down stairs or is this picture for Carnival?

From Julia Street (Embassy Suites) for NCL, can we do escalator, walk thru mall, and take an elevator down? Thanks.

Hi, we will be on NCL. Do we have to go down stairs or is this picture for Carnival?

From Julia Street (Embassy Suites) for NCL, can we do escalator, walk thru mall, and take an elevator down? Thanks.

That whole part where you go outside and turn right is carnival. Go up to that picture from right inside the mall and you see elevators off to the left...this is by those elevators

a02a46b8e1c8d17cbe7d6f1547f40f9a.jpg

Now there is a chance you may not even need to go upstairs. Go to the photo I posted right after the escalator...the picture of the elevator that is behind the escalator. Look kind of behind the elevator and you’ll see I sign with “nal” at the end I think that may be a sign for the NCL terminal. I’ll be back in New Orleans on Sunday and I’ll be staying at Hilton Riverside two weeks after that so i can probably verify for you.

Now on embassy Suites. That canopy where the escalator is....here is where embassy suites is in relation to that.

ccdfff0cd0b6dd5f1217ec4bd85b1731.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Thank you for the pictures. We did the walk from Hilton Riverside in March. It was doable but the stairs were killer going back up after the cruise. We will be doing the same walk in December. This time we are taking the stairs slow and maybe 2 of us carrying one case down together then going back up to get the other one together. It would be really nice if Carnival would put in an elevator like NCL.

That whole part where you go outside and turn right is carnival. Go up to that picture from right inside the mall and you see elevators off to the left...this is by those elevators

Now there is a chance you may not even need to go upstairs. Go to the photo I posted right after the escalator...the picture of the elevator that is behind the escalator. Look kind of behind the elevator and you’ll see I sign with “nal” at the end I think that may be a sign for the NCL terminal. I’ll be back in New Orleans on Sunday and I’ll be staying at Hilton Riverside two weeks after that so i can probably verify for you.

Now on embassy Suites. That canopy where the escalator is....here is where embassy suites is in relation to that.

Saint Greg, Thank you. This is very helpful.

d3c9b22d281e3d51a0268854d89130f9.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a fixed price for taxi to take you to the ship. For two people with tip it’s like $20 $16 for two and $4 tip because they are handling the bags.

It’s get hot in NOLA. At least you arrive like a person. Not a dripping mess

There is a fixed price for taxi to take you to the ship. For two people with tip it’s like $20 $16 for two and $4 tip because they are handling the bags.

It’s get hot in NOLA. At least you arrive like a person. Not a dripping mess

You should start a thread called “taxi ride to the port”

• Like 1

Greg...

Can you illustrate the nearest working full-time elevator from Riverwalk's food court to the Julia St. exit? We'll be staying at the Hilton Riverwalk and will probably go though at least part of the mall before our Carnival cruise. I'm in a wheelchair so the stairs are not an option. We've hiked behind the entire length of the docks before but I'm hoping to cut some of this out this time.

Greg...

Can you illustrate the nearest working full-time elevator from Riverwalk's food court to the Julia St. exit? We'll be staying at the Hilton Riverwalk and will probably go though at least part of the mall before our Carnival cruise. I'm in a wheelchair so the stairs are not an option. We've hiked behind the entire length of the docks before but I'm hoping to cut some of this out this time.

When you get to the end of that food court...instead of taking a left to go outside, take a right and go out those doors. I don’t have a picture of the top of that elevator but you would come out these doors and the elevator is behind me.

327d43fdb8ac1adf835bed45719f87b2.jpg

Here is the where you would come out of that elevator

df371153afc49b096335840c3eb561f6.jpg

I circled where that elevator is so you can see it in relation to the port.

d7b4aae16a4c097d4a43388797fdfeb7.jpg

• Thanks 1

I am so grateful to you Saint Greg for making and posting that video of walking from the Hilton to the Carnival pier since that will be us come February!!! We are huge walkers and were hoping it would be doable, and you certainly helped make it so!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Can't wait, getting so very excited to get a taste of NOLA!!!!

A little something for those walking from Hilton Riverside...I attached a camera to a giant penguin and had him walk to the port.

Holy crap...what a schlep!!! What do older and disabled folks do? That's one hell of a walk. If you dock at Julia Street how far from the ship just out to the streets to catch an Uber? We're not staying at a hotel, we're going to be on the ship for 2 nights, and just need to get to the where the hop on hop off buses are and the street car stop. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Greg...

Wheelchair Accessible Edition, Part 1

V3tiwZxM9Z4

That one ended when I saw the "no pedestrian" sign. But then I saw a woman jogging down there. And a couple other people walking so I went for it.

Part 2

HrFkMnfzVmM

Holy crap...what a schlep!!! What do older and disabled folks do? That's one hell of a walk. If you dock at Julia Street how far from the ship just out to the streets to catch an Uber? We're not staying at a hotel, we're going to be on the ship for 2 nights, and just need to get to the where the hop on hop off buses are and the street car stop. Any help would be appreciated.

That's just for people who want to walk. Of course there's an option to take cabs, uber, lyft, shuttles to the port. I personally park at fulton garage and take their shuttle. But if you don't have a vehicle, that's not an option. If you're getting off at Julia Street...that's at the end of the mall. I've only done carnival so I haven't used julia street terminal. But this is it. I would think they'd have cabs back there waiting to pick people up.

df371153afc49b096335840c3eb561f6.jpg

Thanks. Memory gets a little fuzzy at times...especially in New Orleans. :D Am I mistaken, or at one time was the entrance to the cruise terminal in a straight line at the end of the food court? I know about the "no pedestrians" sign, but I just keep close to the dock and get through there as fast as possible.

• 1 month later...
Saint Greg,

If we are arriving by the streetcar at Julia Station do we try to find the escalator on our right or is there a way in on the left of getting off the streetcar? TIA

You saw my video in this thread where I crossed like train tracks and went up the road that said no pedestrians to the port? That was right by julia station. I would just walk up that road to the port. But if you want you can go back over the tracks where I came from and go up the elevator or escalator, go around the outside of the mall and down the big staircase. This shows the path I took in the video.

9f2af51f5e47e411725c527b37c07d92.jpg

You saw my video in this thread where I crossed like train tracks and went up the road that said no pedestrians to the port? That was right by julia station. I would just walk up that road to the port. But if you want you can go back over the tracks where I came from and go up the elevator or escalator, go around the outside of the mall and down the big staircase. This shows the path I took in the video.

9f2af51f5e47e411725c527b37c07d92.jpg

Thank you!

Saint Greg,

How about walking from Fulton to the port, any suggestions on a route? On our last curies we stayed at the La Quinta and walked to the port and it was a nice walk.

Update: I can not figure out how to delete this message. I found another thread that you already answered my question. No response needed.

Thank you

Edited by diverdon48371
found a thread with the information I was looking for

Saint Greg,

How about walking from Fulton to the port, any suggestions on a route? On our last curies we stayed at the La Quinta and walked to the port and it was a nice walk.

Update: I can not figure out how to delete this message. I found another thread that you already answered my question. No response needed.

Thank you

Well you get the answer anyway because I already did this. You just walk back to the mall and you can take either of the two routes. But if you’re parking at Fulton I’d just take the shuttle.

688704fa96459df58faa27975f0d7991.jpg