Street cars and other transportation

SugarStar00

I've been doing a lot of searches so as not to ask repeat questions but I'm curious about the street cars. Are they primarily used by tourists for sight seeing or more for transportation by locals and tourists. Depending on this answer I'm just wondering what the best option strictly for transportation is... bus, streetcar or Uber? We will be doing a walking tour on magazine street and will have 30min or so to meet our next tour back in the French quarter. Wondering the best option. We will also require transportation from French quarter(hotel) to ww2 museum and again next day to port. Also again from port to hotel post cruise. I'm assuming streetcars are not a good place to bring luggage? Thank you!!

The street cars are usually a nice mix of both. Lugging large suitcases on to the street car may be a hassle.

You may want to use Uber for those short trips. The walk from the Quarter to the WWII museum is not bad for those who like to walk.

• 1 month later...

If you're on a tight schedule I'd say Uber. Streetcars and bus service are not exactly "on time". They have a schedule, but more often than not it's an approximation. During the day, they usually run every 20 minutes or so, but can be longer and have frequent stops. If you're not on a tight schedule the streetcars are great. $1.25 per ride - $3 for an all day ticket (seniors ride for $.40 per ride). I would also say Uber for to/from port. From the Quarter to WWII isn't a long walk (about a mile) but you can catch the St Charles Streetcar on Canal Street and it take you almost to the entrance. However long you've set aside to see the WWII museum, double it - it is HUGE!