NOLA Park and Cruise

knhamp02

Looking for help on choosing a hotel that provides park and cruise? Taking Carnival in August and would rather park for the week if its cheaper than at the terminal. Would prefer a hotel that is in walking distance to the port but if far and few between ill take cheaper parking!

Thanks!

Here you go:

Hotels that currently offer a park and cruise package:

(Transportation to and from the port not included):

Prytania Park (Must stay 2 nights, parking during cruise is free).

Holiday Inn Downtown-Superdome (Must book the cruise package rate.)

Wyndham French Quarter (Must book the cruise package rate.)

Sheraton Metarie (Has a "Rest & Jet" rate designed for those flying from New Orleans that could be used for parking.)

Maison St Charles (Must book park and cruise rate).

Holiday Inn Westbank (Transportation not included)

Hyatt Place Convention Center (discounted parking rate is available)

The hotels below offer transportation TO the port in their park / cruise package. However, you are responsible for finding transportation FROM the port back to your car:

Courtyard by Marriott Westbank/Gretna (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only.)

Country Inn and Suites Metarie (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 4 people.)

Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport (Park and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 2 people.)

Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center (Transportation to the port included. However, Parking is not free... it is a discounted parking rate while on the cruise.)

I believe the reason why nobody offers a package with transportation both directions has to do with pick up fees charged by the port to anyone offering regular taxi/shuttle service from the port.

Here you go:

Sheraton Metarie (Has a "Rest & Jet" rate designed for those flying from New Orleans that could be used for parking.)

The hotels below offer transportation TO the port in their park / cruise package. However, you are responsible for finding transportation FROM the port back to your car:

Courtyard by Marriott Westbank/Gretna (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only.)

Country Inn and Suites Metarie (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 4 people.)

Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport (Park and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 2 people.)

Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center (Transportation to the port included. However, Parking is not free... it is a discounted parking rate while on the cruise.)

I believe the reason why nobody offers a package with transportation both directions has to do with pick up fees charged by the port to anyone offering regular taxi/shuttle service from the port.

Thanks so much for this information. I’m also looking for hotel options. I had booked the Prytania, but they don’t have transportation. So thanks to this list, I switched to the country inn and suites.

Thank you for the time you spent putting this together

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here you go:

Thank you for the time taken to make this list! Very helpful information. Cruising out of NOLA in June!

This was great info! I used it to make our decision on where to stay! Initially we chose the Prytania, but switched when it was learned they don’t provide transportation to the port. We chose the Country Inn

Good place to stay if you don't want to experience New Orleans. You'll be a ways out of the city center.

• 2 months later...

One of my friends from Where's George stays at the Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower every year for the

Stay, Park, & Cruise deal.

Here is a video on their Facebook page that explains their stay, park & Cruise deal:

We are staying at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. It offers free parking and transportation to the port, must as for their stay and cruise package. It has a large mall .2 miles away with a Cafe du Monde in it. It is away from the French Quarter, but looks like right off a main road so easy on/off.

We are staying at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. It offers free parking and transportation to the port, must as for their stay and cruise package. It has a large mall .2 miles away with a Cafe du Monde in it. It is away from the French Quarter, but looks like right off a main road so easy on/off.

Sure that's a Courtyard and not Country Inn & Suites?

Sure that's a Courtyard and not Country Inn & Suites?

Yes, if you look it up, it’s right off 10 and the Causeway. I believe it is very close to Country Inn and Suites, but I was mistaken, they do not offer transportation, it is the Country Inn and Suites which I am staying at in February for my Vision of the Seas cruise.

I booked them at different times, and the date I needed in April was more expensive at the Country Inn, I don’t need the transportation in April as I’m taking my 82 yr old mother on her second cruise, and she requires a scooter, which I bring with me.

Yes, if you look it up, it’s right off 10 and the Causeway. I believe it is very close to Country Inn and Suites, but I was mistaken, they do not offer transportation, it is the Country Inn and Suites which I am staying at in February for my Vision of the Seas cruise.

I booked them at different times, and the date I needed in April was more expensive at the Country Inn, I don’t need the transportation in April as I’m taking my 82 yr old mother on her second cruise, and she requires a scooter, which I bring with me.

I saw it. I just didn’t see a park n cruise option on their webpage. It’s less interesting to me if transportation isn’t included.