ELECTRIC WCHAIR What can i see/do.

AIROHS

Our ship (EQUINOX) will be parked for 3 days in NO would love to do a cemetery tour and whatever else we can get to. every tour ive checked online does NOT accommodate electric wchairs only folding push chairs my wife cant push me .

what can we see do wheeling from the ship.

Within distance of the port is the WWII museum and Mardi Gras World, which I have done recently in a manual wheelchair on my own. The red line streetcars are accessible which stop at the Julia Street cruise terminal where I believe you are and will run the length of the riverfront where the aquarium is and there is plenty of shopping in the quarter and especially at the French Market. The Cabildo/Presbytere museums at Jackson Square across from the French Market is also mostly accessible. If you drive or even negotiate a private tour with a taxi driver, you may want to consider Metairie Cemetery which is my favorite and can be easily cruised by car.

Edited by Buckimion

Within distance of the port is the WWII museum and Mardi Gras World, which I have done recently in a manual wheelchair on my own. The red line streetcars are accessible which stop at the Julia Street cruise terminal where I believe you are and will run the length of the riverfront where the aquarium is and there is plenty of shopping in the quarter and especially at the French Market. The Cabildo/Presbytere museums at Jackson Square across from the French Market is also mostly accessible. If you drive or even negotiate a private tour with a taxi driver, you may want to consider Metairie Cemetery which is my favorite and can be easily cruised by car.

Thank you for the great reply.

I will be visiting New Orleans in July with a scooter and found the following things I can do easily in addition to what was already suggested:

There are 2 steam boats river cruises the are wheel chair accessible:

Steam Boat Natchez - 800-365-2628

Creole Queen - 800-445-4109

Both offer day time and dinner cruises

Visit Café Du Monde, an open French Market standwhere you can buy a cup of great coffee and an order of the famous beignets.

The Moon Walk isa mile-long walkway that allows an up-close view of the Mississippi River. It'slocated right next to Jackson Square and Cafe Du Monde within the FrenchQuarter. The walk starts at the French Market whereyou’ll see the Governor Nichols Wharf. pass the Washington Artillery Park at JacksonSquare, the Natchez and Creole Queen Steamboats, Woldenberg Park, and finally,the Audubon Aquarium and Riverwalk Outlet Mall.

The Flea Market. Merchants from all over the world bring theirwares to an open-air shopper’s paradise in the French Market’s Community/FleaMarket. Traditional items such as clothing and antiques combine with art,jewelry and crafts to make this a market of diversity, a community of culture.

The CitySightseeing tour (Hop on Hop Off)

Handicapped equipped and is offered 7 days a week from 9:30am - 5:30 pm and do not require advanced reservations. However, I would call 800-362-1811, just incase.

Enjoy