How early can I disembark in port?

NewCruiser51912

I'm trying to plan a shuttle from the Civitavecchia Port to Rome and back and I'm wondering, typically, how soon after the ship arrives can we get off? If the ship is scheduled to arrive at 6:00 am (assuming we arrive on time) can I plan to disembark by 7:00? Earlier?

FYI: I'm sailing on the NCL Epic out of Barcelona on June 3rd. We're arriving to Rome June 6th.

You may need to clarify as by your dates this sounds like a port stop day. Most of us use disembark to represent the final stop of your cruise when you are actually leaving the ship. Generally it takes a half hour or so for the ship to prep for passengers to leave.

You have to understand there are some questions that just can't be answered. Will the ship arrive at port correct time, will the pilot be available, no issue with actual docking procedure and captain giving the OK for disembarkation are the top causes for delays.

I’ve found that the time of scheduled arrival typically accounts for the time it takes to set the gangway up and what not. In my experience you will be able to get off the ship around 6 or shortly after. But if you are planning an excursion pickup and it’s not a private group, I would schedule for 7 to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums