Thefts onboard

antsp

I posted about this on Princess passenger Facebook forum, annoyingly on our recent cruise our door decoration was stolen. No big deal but still not great Amonst all the replies i was amazed at the amount of thefts passengers have suffered from whilst cruising. Cameras, sun cream even sun bed towel clips. Is this a sign of the times

My TA gave me a handful of about 8" round, magnetized signs that say "I (heart) Princess Cruises".

She found them when moving her office, and gave them as a bit of a joke. I said, I'll put one on my cabin door.

She said don't, it will get stolen.

So I waited till about mid way (14 day cruise), put one up, and sure enough, it did not last 2 days.

Earlier I gave the steward one, thinking he could barter it if he did not want it, or something. I made it clear that it was really of no value, just fun.

After the theft, I said to him, did you see, somebody stole my sign. He said (and here is the reason for the long post...) that he put his on his locker, and somebody stole it from him!

So, my expectations were met - I expected it to get stolen, and it was. Staff to staff theft surprised me, tho, I must say

Not to worry, I have more. :D

I as did several others from our Roll Call put up door signs. One morning I had collected a couple magnetic smilies, not sure whom they belonged to so asked. Another lady from our group walked up & down finding some of her door items on other doors. Since this was a TA out of Copenhagen, not many children on it.

we 'decorate our door every cruise now..we're very much aware that something could

'walk away' and not be there when we return.

never had that happen, but if we did, hopefully it's given to a kid...

and nothing, captain oblivious, that costs over a couple of bucks from the $ store:cool:

My wife has a butterfly that she attaches to our door with Princess magnetic clips. She has done it for years and never had a problem. On our last cruise the clips (not the butterfly) were taken and replace by plain magnetic clips.

Thankfully, never had an issue with door decorations or anything else. One year I hung a series of jingle bells over the door on thin strands of ribbon ~ no problem! I wonder if it has to do with where your cabin is ~ we are always all the way aft on an upper deck with little foot traffic.

New item debuts in Princess Gift Shop:

Cabin Door Decorator's Essentials Kit

Includes portable drill, nuts, bolts and washers.

Because you know what they say....

unless it's bolted down....

I had a cute Santa door knob hanger on our door a couple of Christmases ago. It disappeared on the second day. Two days later I saw it roll by on an elderly passengers scooter. I knew it was mine because there was a spot from a marker on it. I didn't say anything. She seemed to really be enjoying it. I still decorate my door when sailing during the holidays. I just buy everything at the dollar store.

We did a cruise around Cape Horn and had an aft facing suite and two of my six penguin magnets disappeared. The only people that would have had a reason to walk by is cabin steward or cabin neighbor.

Tacky to steal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I noticed the title of this thread, I was concerned that it would be addressing theft of valuable articles such as jewelry, cameras,cash etc.

My concern lessened when I read the posts about removal of door decorations.

Hoping the theft activity does not escalate from inexpensive and replaceable decorations to more valuable articles.

Lots of reports lately about missing towel clips , books , bags and flip/flops from reserved loungers around the pool . Commonly happens between early morning and mid afternoon.

That is not theft, it is public service.

I have found a lot of times it is kids....on our last cruise kids would go by and flip the Privacy Please to Clean the room....so the stewart would come in when we were taking a nap...not his fault...those darn kids:evilsmile: :evilsmile:

That is not theft, it is public service.

I would quite happily move items of deck chairs if they are unattended for a long time. I would place them on a table or on the pool surround. You can’t just steal people stuff.

The worst was on RCI last year. Two different cabins put up those little chalkboards on their cabin doors. The one that attached chalk had some really leud, disgusting images drawn on it. I was really pleased that the officer I reported it to took immediate action. The two guys on their honeymoon in the cabin didn't see the drawings thanks to RCI removing them ASAP. So, whatever you do, do not put up those boards or at least don't put up the means to draw on them.

Lots of reports lately about missing towel clips , books , bags and flip/flops from reserved loungers around the pool . Commonly happens between early morning and mid afternoon.

If you are in the lounger or the pool, how do these go missing? Is this from chair hogging?

I had a cute Santa door knob hanger on our door a couple of Christmases ago. It disappeared on the second day. Two days later I saw it roll by on an elderly passengers scooter. I knew it was mine because there was a spot from a marker on it. I didn't say anything. She seemed to really be enjoying it. I still decorate my door when sailing during the holidays. I just buy everything at the dollar store.

My husband always says, "if they had to steal it, they must have needed it more than me". Apparently that was the case with your elderly lady on the scooter. But I wonder if someone stole it and gave it to her? Would have been interesting to hear her comment, if you had asked her where she got it from?