Water no longer available for pre-purchase!!

FLCruise7

I was in my Cruise Personalizer today & found that water is no longer an option for purchase (12 bottles for $6.90 - which used to be available only for pre-cruise purchase). I thought it might be a web glitch, so I called Princess. They have taken it off the choices and are "working on a new package" to take its place.

I was told "you can bring water onboard" but that doesn't work too well when flying to a port with no access for making that purchase prior to boarding. Also, this was such a nice & easy option (and not overly expensive).

I let her know I was not a happy camper! :mad:

Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

I already bought a case of water for both of our cruises in January 2019, and each is showing on my itineraries. But you're right in that it's no longer listed as being available for purchase. Glad I pre-reserved early, and hopefully Princess will honor the bookings.

Re pre-purchase of water.

Thank you for posting. I also was in my cruise personalizer and saw that it was missing. Assumed it would just 're-appear' closer to sailing. Incorrectly I assumed it was because I pay in Canadian funds and the dollar fluctuates. I am just returning to Princess after ten years sailing with Celebrity. I am not interested in the soda package or the coffee card as I do not like/drink coffee. Specialty teas are my 'thing'.

I am hoping that they come up with a beverage package similar to the "premium non-alcoholic" beverage package that Celebrity has. I utilized the water, premium teas and the odd mocktail. I purchase packages for the convenience and do not calculate whether or not each day it I drink enough to warrant the cost.

I am hoping that Princess will come up with a better alternative.

After the earlier computer glitch I purchased it many months in advance just in case it was a preview of a future change.

I find the "working on a new package" description interesting because that’s what Princess said when they eliminated the daily BOGO$1 happy hour. It’s been awhile & there’s no replacement for HH so wonder if "working on a new package" is now a Princess euphemism for canceling options.

There’s no reason to cancel both options without a replacement so I’m skeptical that they’re truly "working on a new package". :confused:

Gee Whizz already. After the last "maybe it is and maybe it isn't" with the water, immediately after I booked my next cruise, I ordered the water, just in case. I will check my personalizer when I post this to check it out. I hope they follow through and deliver the water that's already been ordered. You pay almost double for four large bottles.....UGH

Didn't this just happen a couple of months back? If memory serves, Princess got that straightened out - but I went ahead and ordered Water for our cruise (just to be safe) ;)

*EDIT*

Just checked and yes - it's NOT there. Same as last time. I would guess that it is nothing but a glitch (like last time) but I would keep an eye on it and if it shows up again - grab it while you can!

Gee Whizz already. After the last "maybe it is and maybe it isn't" with the water, immediately after I booked my next cruise, I ordered the water, just in case. I will check my personalizer when I post this to check it out. I hope they follow through and deliver the water that's already been ordered. You pay almost double for four large bottles.....UGH

Checking my June cruise my pre-ordered water packages still show as purchased & hopefully it’s the same for you...going to print another confirmation.

But it’s no longer available to purchase.

Incorrectly I assumed it was because I pay in Canadian funds and the dollar fluctuates.

Just so you know, whatever exchange rate you booked at remains the same regardless if our Canadian dollar fluctuates up or down. So, for example, if when you booked it was 20%, all of the Princess options priced in CAN$ will be at a 20% markup.

At least I THINK that's the case! :)

I have also purchased water for our upcoming cruise in June. I called Princess and was told they will honor the water for whomever had purchased it but are no longer offering that option. I too was told they were working on “a new package”.

I got lucky. I kept saying I was going to purchase it and I finally did this past Saturday. Hopefully it won’t be a problem later and also hoping they bring it back for everyone. I’m beginning to learn not to hesitate with Princess, they have been changing things a lot lately.

Holy moly! Just checked my January cruise (which I've already bought a case of water for) and this is what is listed now..... :eek:

Bottled Water Package CA$29.33 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

I paid CA$8.63 !!!

Checking my June cruise, they’ve quickly added a “new package”...the same 12 pack of 500 ml bottles with a price increase from $6.90 to $23.46!!! :mad:

Bottled Water Package $23.46 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Checking my June cruise, they’ve quickly added a “new package”...the same 12 pack of 500 ml bottles with a price increase from $6.90 to $23.46!!! :mad:

Wow:mad: I just don't understand why Princess doesn't let some time go by before they make yet another change that isn't it the best interest of their cruisers.

I'm going on my first cruise in July. This may seem like a silly question, but why the need to purchase bottled water? Is tap water bad tasting, or worse?

The tap water is drinkable, but I like bottled water in the cabin & to take off the ship when we do excursions. The water seems to be perfectly fine in the dining venues, so I think it's just the bathroom tap water I don't care for.

That's pretty sad. Might as well buy it on the ship where I think it's about $2/bottle - some savings!

I guess my elite setup will be converted to water bottles. Unbelievable.

Every time I start to like Princess again, they do something stupid.

Edited by Coral

So let me get this straight....I paid $13 and change for 12 bottles of water (for DW) and now 12 bottles is $23.46!?!?!

What is it? Fillico!?!?! Holy Cow..........:eek: