Maasdam Drnk Menu April 2018

RetiredMustang

We were on Maasdam recently and I scanned the drinks menu in the Mix. I am posting it so people can see the current drinks prices, and so they can also see the variety of cocktails available. The Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest Bar on the last few ships we've ridden have had very truncated menus, and I have seen people who thought they could only get the drinks in those smaller menus. There are some cocktails in those menus, and some on the Lido Bar, that are not included in the Mix menu, mainly the specialty ones by Dale Degroff.

But, the key note in the Mix menu is at the bottomg of page 18: "And of course - Brandy Alexanders, Stingers, Rob Roys, Rusty Nails, Harvey Wallbangers and many, many more." In fact, the HAL bartenders are talented, and will make you pretty much anything -- if on the remote chance they have not heard of the drink, they will try to make it if you tell them what it contains. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask.

Currently, the Signature Beverage Package covers any drink costing up to $9.00 before tip. For example, a margerita on Maasdam cost $9.00, with the tip bringing the total to $10.35 -- it was covered by the SBP.

Mix%20menu%20_%201_zpsr52leqdr.jpg

Mix%20menu%20_%202_zpsd3wzk6ud.jpg

Mix%20menu%20_%203_zpsttj0l9xf.jpg

Mix%20menu%20_%204_zpsgepl0lfn.jpg

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang

Thank you for the updated bar menus.

I see that our Grey Goose has gone up to $8.50 -- but I know that it is still covered by the Signature Beverage Package since that is now a $9 limit.

Looks like all the drinks have gone up even since my recent cruise on Zandaam in February. Could be my imagination, but I did feel the drinks were better in quality and perhaps even more alcohol than previous cruises but that may be the placebo effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this update.

One question, do you "think" the Tanqueray 0010 Martini would be available in the Crow's Nest during the late happy hour? (It sounds very similar to Princess' Chairman of the Board that we love for our nightcap ;).

Thank you for posting this update.

One question, do you "think" the Tanqueray 0010 Martini would be available in the Crow's Nest during the late happy hour? (It sounds very similar to Princess' Chairman of the Board that we love for our nightcap ;).

I don't know for sure, but if it is not actually on the Crow's Nest pretty limited menu, just ask the bartender. If it is at all possible, he/she will make it for you.

Dave

I don't know for sure, but if it is not actually on the Crow's Nest pretty limited menu, just ask the bartender. If it is at all possible, he/she will make it for you.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Pretty much what I assumed, but thought I would ask the HAL experts here. :)

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much Dave; your drink price listings have really helped me get a clear picture of drink package or not.

Agree totally with AtlantaCruiser72, the red wines selection is very weak. From my understanding, the package can be upgraded at $5.80 additional per day, per person, but then the total price - for me - gets to the question of is a package really worth it.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Mossrite99 said:

Thank you for this very helpful post. Am I right then that if I have the Signature Drink pack which is now any drink up to $9.00 that the 15% gratuity added will not put the price of the drink over the limit? ($9.00 + $1.35 = $10.35)?

That is correct - the gratuity is added after the $9.00 limit.  So, in your example, the drink listed at $9.00 would be covered by the package.

Be aware that since I started this thread, some prices have gone up, so check the prices carefully before you order to make sure what you want is indeed covered by the magic card.

Dave

With the SBP  (Signature Beverage Package), you do not have to concern yourself about the 15% service charge.  You have already paid that when you purchased the package or received it as a perk under Explore-4.   The only number you have to watch is the base menu price of the drink.  If it is $9 or less, drink up and enjoy.

I noticed in the list of Martinis, they show most of them as $9.95, which would price them out of the package.  We were on the Rotterdam in March, 2018 and we had many Dirty Martinis, Coffee martinis and Classic Martinis, and they all were included in the SBP's $9 limit.   I hope this is not true that most martinis are now above $9

• Like 1