Excursion timing questions

notsure500

I'm leaving from Miami on the Carnival Vista. That's on EST. I have booked excursions at Grand Caymen and Cozumel that both have a start time. But I can't find anywhere that confirms is this going to be local time on Cozumel for instance (1 hour behind Miami's time) or will be on EST since we sailed form Miami. I've heard about about ship's time, but didn't know how excursions would work being off the ship.

Also if my excursion is at 1130, how early would you arrive?

Hi

I gather these are not cruise line tours. If that is the case, just call them. They will be very responsive and will give you accurate information. I could take a guess, but could be wrong.

The ship typically will not change their time to local time (they will always remind you when this is the case) in this situation and that is why you need to remain aware of what is ships' time so that you do not return to find your ship has already left.

As to what time to arrive, be on time. Being a few minutes early is nice, being late will only hold up others that are waiting. Be aware that Grand Cayman is a tender port, so prepare to be on the tender about half hour before your meeting time. This is not the case in Cozumel, but you will have a bit of a walk to get out of the port area, so you would need at least 20 min for that.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

p.s. if these are ship excursions, you do not have to worry at all. they will tell you when and where to meet at the ships' time

I'm leaving from Miami on the Carnival Vista. That's on EST. I have booked excursions at Grand Caymen and Cozumel that both have a start time. But I can't find anywhere that confirms is this going to be local time on Cozumel for instance (1 hour behind Miami's time) or will be on EST since we sailed form Miami. I've heard about about ship's time, but didn't know how excursions would work being off the ship.

Also if my excursion is at 1130, how early would you arrive?

Be careful with your time issues. If you are booked on independent excursions all of them are on local time. Miami is on Eastern Daylight time right now. Cozumel and Grand Cayman are on Eastern Standard time so when it is 7:00 p.m.in Miami it is 6:00 p.m. in Cozumel. As I recall Carnival always stays on Miami time, so if you have an 8:00 a.m. arrival it may only be 7:00 a.m. local time. The arrival is not normally an issue, but watch for departure times. A 5:00 p.m. departure may be 4:00 p.m. local time, and you don't want to watch the ship sail away.

If CCL changes time to match local time you have no worries, but whatever you do make sure you have a timepiece, that stays on ship time. Don't rely on a phone for that..