Princess cruise excursion

First trip

Did anyone take the Excursion when the cruise ship docked at Hubbard Glacier? Is it a worthwhile trip?

Can I ask which itinerary has this excursion? I’m on the Coral this week Whittier to Vancouver, and I don’t see it offered. Thx.

Wow. With the right weather that might be absolutely amazing. In my opinion it would be great for a second trip to Alaska / Hubbard. Not at all necessary for your first trip. There is FAR too much to see on your first cruise to Hubbard, Tracy arm and Glacier Bay.

• Like 1

Wow. With the right weather that might be absolutely amazing. In my opinion it would be great for a second trip to Alaska / Hubbard. Not at all necessary for your first trip. There is FAR too much to see on your first cruise to Hubbard, Tracy arm and Glacier Bay.

Most only go to Alaska once. I would sign up for it if I was on the ship.

Holy Cow! I had no idea there was an excursion offered at Hubbard Glacier. It's not exactly inexpensive (like may other cruisers we are lucky to be able to cruise at all) but sounds like it would be well worth the cost. We did spring for a glacier flight seeing tour on one of our Alaska voyages and this one sounds like another "must do" excursion.

First trip: Many thanks for bringing this to our attention and to the attention of others who were equally unaware that the excursion existed. This is one I would definitely want to book in advance as I don't suppose there is room for a huge group of people. It would be a bummer to try to book onboard only to discover it was full. If you do take this excursion please come back and let us know if it is as good as it sounds.

• Like 1

It is listed on the princess site on the view excursion page for the Hubbard Glacier scenic cruising day. It is offered at the end of the day

I see that this is only your third post so welcome to Cruise Critic. It's a rare thing for someone new to these boards to have such an impact. Again, many thanks for the info.

• Like 1

I just looked on Princess's website and it is listed.

https://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.page?t=A&exType=S&tourCode=YA1-660

I had originally said that I had not seen it and wondered if they meant Tracy Arm. I wonder what ships it is offered on.

I'm curious as to the details here. They pick you up from the cruise ship off the mouth of Yakutat Bay? Do they drop you at the same place later? Plus, providing you a great tour of everything there about. I'm guessing that they drop you off on your ship after it has arrived near Hubbard and is getting ready to return. If not, I can't visualize how they would be able to provide all that in only three hours. For instance, it is about a 72 mile round trip to the glacier from near Yakutat, there is no way they are going to make a roundtrip in that short of time, let alone see anything.

Even if they drop you off on your vessel after it is getting ready to depart Disenchantment Bay, it still seems like not enough time.

I'm curious as to the details here. They pick you up from the cruise ship off the mouth of Yakutat Bay? Do they drop you at the same place later? Plus, providing you a great tour of everything there about. I'm guessing that they drop you off on your ship after it has arrived near Hubbard and is getting ready to return. If not, I can't visualize how they would be able to provide all that in only three hours. For instance, it is about a 72 mile round trip to the glacier from near Yakutat, there is no way they are going to make a roundtrip in that short of time, let alone see anything.

Even if they drop you off on your vessel after it is getting ready to depart Disenchantment Bay, it still seems like not enough time.

You don't have to visualize it, you just GO!:D;)