Proposals

jbein60

if she's the type that would like a public show, you can always talk to the staff to try an organize something. they usually love to help wtih things like this! you could also arrange for ship photographer to capture the moment (at cost of course).

otherwise, if she's more private, id do something on a top deck under the stars one night or at a port stop in a fun spot.

Thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on the Escape next week. Anyone have any ideas??

I would do it on a formal night where you guys are both dressed up a bit... have your phone on “video” and be somewhere romantic... top deck... etc... and then ask a passerby to take your picture... and as you are posing and the bystander is videoing drop to your knee and profess ur love... all the while it’s being videoed.... then you have it to watch for eternity

Use a qvc diamonique stunt double as a ring. Since you probably can't hide it in the safe from her just where would you keep it secure?

So for the naysayers....of course you buy the stunt double in the same carat size and setting as the real thing...which you can leave at home until you return and yes she will...or at least she should understand and I'm not suggesting the stunt double be 3 carats and the real thing just 1 carat. As an added bonus the stunt double can be used on your honeymoon and all subsequent trips where it's better to leave fine jewelry at home.

But if you insist on using the real ring be advised your travel insurance won't cover it if lost or stolen.

Be sure to have regular insurance

Fwiw. The last thing I need to do is wear my expensive jewelry on a cruise

And yes I know every poster here will now say they wear the family jewels with no issue...for the past 30 years...ring has never left your finger..they'd have to cut it off etc etc

Still use a stunt double.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by maggie cruises

I would do it on a formal night where you guys are both dressed up a bit... have your phone on “video” and be somewhere romantic... top deck... etc... and then ask a passerby to take your picture... and as you are posing and the bystander is videoing drop to your knee and profess ur love... all the while it’s being videoed.... then you have it to watch for eternity

There are no longer any formal nights on NCL.

I proposed to my fiance on a night when we were dressed nice for dinner. Knowing there would be a photographer in the atrium I told her let's get some pics taken. Then surprised her and the photographer. But the pictures came out awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

That's not quite right. There are still "Dress up or Not" nights, and a lot of people still choose to dress up on those nights.

Actual;y he was absolutely right. The formal night has been replaced with dress up or not. Some folks choose to dress formal for the entire cruise though.

That's not quite right. There are still "Dress up or Not" nights, and a lot of people still choose to dress up on those nights.

As far as my recent cruise goes maybe 10% dressed up....if you count wearing long pants and polo shirt as dressed up on that night. There were some females who dressed to impress every night.

You missed the discussion...

Doug said "There are no longer any formal nights on NCL." which is absolutely 100% correct.

VideoTech replied "That's not quite right. There are still "Dress up or Not" nights, and a lot of people still choose to dress up on those nights." when in fact Doug was completely correct which is what I pointed out. There is no formal night on NCL just like Doug said. The second half of VTs post does not change anything about the first portion being wrong.

My reply "Actually he was absolutely right. The formal night has been replaced with dress up or not. Some folks choose to dress formal for the entire cruise though." telling VT that Dog was right in saying there is no formal night on NCL. And there isn't.

Thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on the Escape next week. Anyone have any ideas??

Do yourself a favor, wait until the last night. I've seen it in person go horribly wrong. That must have been a very uncomfortable week

Thank you everyone, I know she will say yes! I was thinking of doing it somewhere where there is a photographer so they can take a picture. That one I will buy. We are heading to Bermuda.

So I'm actually getting married on the Escape on the 27th. I say go for it, especially if you're confident she's going to say yes. As others have said, talk to the cruise director ahead of time and they'll be sure to help you out.

That said, some things to consider

- would you want something public (in front of a ton of people) or private, like at dinner or in your stateroom.

- do you want to use an actual ring or a less expensive "stand-in" and get the real thing when you get back home

- is she going to want to call someone right after it happens? Might be better to do it while docked in Bermuda to take advantage of the wifi from places on the island if it's to expensive to call while at Sea.

Good luck! Be sure to post an update!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So I'm actually getting married on the Escape on the 27th. I say go for it, especially if you're confident she's going to say yes. As others have said, talk to the cruise director ahead of time and they'll be sure to help you out.

That said, some things to consider

- would you want something public (in front of a ton of people) or private, like at dinner or in your stateroom.

- do you want to use an actual ring or a less expensive "stand-in" and get the real thing when you get back home

- is she going to want to call someone right after it happens? Might be better to do it while docked in Bermuda to take advantage of the wifi from places on the island if it's to expensive to call while at Sea.

Good luck! Be sure to post an update!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Wedding! My friend got married 2 years ago at this time when we went to Bermuda on the Breakaway! It was a great wedding. I kinda like the atrium idea, but I will talk to guest services for sure!