THERMAL SUITE PASS on the STAR Is it worth it?

That is a very port intensive cruise. I don't think that I would spend the money on it. I would use the money for private excursions ashore. If you have non refundable OBC that you need to spend you could use it for that purpose, but other than that, to me it is a no go.

its very small... we toured it and didnt think it would be worth it. we are spoiled after once having passes on Breakaway.

also, july will be summer and hot. enjoy the new Spice H20 that will be aft ship and 18+.

I wouldn't rush to judgment on your decision. Obviously the facility is smaller. It is after all a smaller ship. Someone mentioned Spice H2O, Unless they've recently added it,

there is none. Don't know where they would have put it.

We always book thermal suite. It is a quiet place to relax. The water features are great place to unwind, particularly after a day of sightseeing.

In my experience, if the ship is smaller and the thermal suite is smaller, the weekly fee is lower as well. So it might still be worth it even if there are only a couple of sea days when you will have plenty of time to use it. It might also be nice as a place to relax after an exhausting shore excursion on a port day.

Enjoy!

You could always wait until you're onboard and then take a tour of the area. That way you can decide if it's something you would enjoy. I realize that you then run the risk of the passes being sold out, but this way you're not pre-purchasing something you may not be happy with. Enjoy whatever you decide!

I have done the spa thermal suite on the Star and enjoyed it, but, on transatlantics. If you are on a port extensive cruise then i would not spend the money on it, unless you don't plan on getting off the ship. We always take the spa pass no matter what ship, is quiet, and only adults. To me, the worse spa is on the Jade.

Hi everyone - thanks for the additional replies . I wanted to give a little more info -

It is being offered for $109 each.

this is the description -

UNLIMITEDDuration

The Thermal Suite is a passage toward ultimate relaxation. Here, heat and water work together to relax and rejuvenate you. Based on the concept of Turkish baths, where friends and family can spend the day relaxing. Relax tight muscles and improve your circulation in the Thalasso Therapy Pool. Water, when moving, stimulates the touch receptors on the skin, increasing blood circulation and releasing tight muscles. Purify your body by sweating it out in the dry heat of the sauna as the temperature elevates to a maximum of 185°F. Head to the steam room to soothe joints, alleviate pains, raise your metabolism and boost your immune system. The bubbling of the hot tub is particularly soothing, helping you relax mentally and physically. Even get a reflexology massage by placing your feet directly in front of the water jets. If you prefer your relaxation lying down, the heated mosaic lounge chairs’ gentle, radiant warmth is ideal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$109 is pretty cheap. I happily paid that for my upcoming port-intensive Norwegian fjord cruise. I will probably only use the thermal suite 2-4 times, but I still feel like it will be money well spent.

So I bought the Thermal Suite on the Star for the last two cruises. Typically I opt for it. As others have mentioned, the views are great. Different from some of the other ships, the big pool is a lap pool. Then there is a jacuzzi and a bubbling pool in the main area. No thermal couches, just lounges. In the mens' area, there is a heated tub and a cold plunge. I didn't check out the ladies area. There are two side rooms with chairs, ottomans, a TV, and more great aft views. Those side areas are not segregated by sex and generally were nice and quiet.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mike

I pre-booked it on the Star this past December. I visited it the first day and was not impressed. Rather small and I felt it was somewhat run down. I asked the spa desk if they could cancel it. No problem and they credited my onboard account. Guess I was spoiled by the Epic's.

I pre-booked it on the Star this past December. I visited it the first day and was not impressed. Rather small and I felt it was somewhat run down. I asked the spa desk if they could cancel it. No problem and they credited my onboard account. Guess I was spoiled by the Epic's.

Yes, to me the Epic and the Gem have the best spa. I am on the Breakaway this coming October and i hear the spa is not as good. Oh well, we will see...

I wouldn't rush to judgment on your decision. Obviously the facility is smaller. It is after all a smaller ship. Someone mentioned Spice H2O, Unless they've recently added it,

there is none. Don't know where they would have put it.

We always book thermal suite. It is a quiet place to relax. The water features are great place to unwind, particularly after a day of sightseeing.

Star is in drydock and they are adding Spice H2O in the aft where the children's pool is/was.

I have sailed twice on the Star in an aft suite. the spa pass is excellent value and an oasis of calm with plenty of room to swim, and relax away from the crowds.

A big thank you to everyone for your informative responses.

Appreciate it so much

Yes, to me the Epic and the Gem have the best spa. I am on the Breakaway this coming October and i hear the spa is not as good. Oh well, we will see...

I just booked Gem thermal spa. Only 139. per person. What did you like about it never having been on the Gem?

Thanks

The Breakaway spa is similar to the Epic except for the aft balcony. It has a bit more space. I laughed because it seems they have a bunch of broken heaters on the tile loungers so they put signs on them stating they were "cold loungers" like it was a feature. Maybe they fixed them in drydock. I was on the TA just before it. The best thing for me is that the pool has stairs instead of a ladder. Much easier on the knees.

.... In the mens' area, there is a heated tub and a cold plunge. I didn't check out the ladies area. There are two side rooms with chairs, ottomans, a TV, and more great aft views. Those side areas are not segregated by sex and generally were nice and quiet.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mike

Hi,

why are there seperate men and women areas? Are they clothing optional?

Hi,

why are there seperate men and women areas? Are they clothing optional?

There are separate locker rooms for males and females. They are clothing optional since that that is where folks change clothes and can shower. As I said, I didn't check out the female area, but the male area (in a room separate from the locker room) has a warm and cold plunge, a steam room and a sauna room, in addition to showers. That area is also clothing optional.

I just booked Gem thermal spa. Only 139. per person. What did you like about it never having been on the Gem?

Thanks

The Gem was my first cruise in 2009, what i like about the spa was ( is ) the quiet areas, to sit and just read a book. The saunas and steam room inside the men's locker room are very comfortable and big. Is been a while since i have been on the Gem, 8 years to be exact, and can't remember the layout as well but i do remember how quiet it was, so great place for relaxation. I am assuming the spas have changed quite a bit ( not as quiet as they used to be), who knows,since more and more people are opting to purchase the spa pass these days. :-)