Soda + more package (milk shakes)

majortom10

Have Princess changed the policy and returned to including milk shakes in soda+ more package. Disappointed to learn last year that it had been removed but just returned from a cruise on Sapphire Princess and we had soda+ more package and was surprised to receive free milk shakes on showing our cruise card.

I am on the Sapphire in July.

I have not been taking the soda & more package since milkshakes were no longer available.

I may now take it since you mention that you had it on the Sapphire.

Sapphire Princess 12/5 to 26/5 Mediterranean cruise we had soda+ more package and was never charged once for a milk shake for whole cruise even though there was a sign on the counter saying $2-50.

I think the milkshakes were removed from the description because they weren't available on some ships - Regal and Royal. They are likely still available on most other ships but I can't say for sure.

May 5-12/18 Sapphire, milkshakes were included in soda+more . I asked before ordering.

I notice the milkshake is not mentioned on the website now:

• "From $8.05 USD per person, per day*
  • Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise."

When I was on the Emerald in September, I was told I could get the milkshake because I had ordered the soda and more on line before the cruise and milkshakes were still listed. Those who bought the pkg. once on board could not. I don't know how they knew when it was bought. I was told that once milkshakes were no longer listed, they could not be used to get the milkshakes.

When I was on the Emerald in September, I was told I could get the milkshake because I had ordered the soda and more on line before the cruise and milkshakes were still listed. Those who bought the pkg. once on board could not. I don't know how they knew when it was bought. I was told that once milkshakes were no longer listed, they could not be used to get the milkshakes.

That wasnt the case with us on Sapphire because we purchased the Soda+ more package onboard when we embarked on 12/5 and we didnt book the cruise until February 2018.

re: may 5-12/18 Sapphire cruise: the milkshakes I had (2) were very good. and included. I prepaid prior to the cruise and key card had the drink package on it when I checked in. It was not a sticker like I got in te past when I purchased on board.

I did not care for the diet coke from the MDR and Explorer's bar-tased salty, fishy and not improved all week, after telling them.

Better to bring cans of diet coke.

The 1 hot chocolate I had was just like the package you had hot water to-nothing special.

The 2 cases of bottled water I pre purchased were in my cabin when I checked in and the best value IMO.

I think the milkshakes were removed from the description because they weren't available on some ships - Regal and Royal. They are likely still available on most other ships but I can't say for sure.

Wow..thats disappointing the Regal does not it. hopefully i can still find something else to drink as i do not drink alcohol or soda :(

Can you get hot chocolates from the IC on the Soda & More package?

Yes, both by personal experience and by the wording in the current advert on the Princess web site, you can.

The old wording used to say something like "Milkshakes on ships that have them available," and named the ships that were not included. Sure, eliminating them on all ships makes things more consistent, but I think it had more to do with a monetary savings.

In the same vein, suites get use of the thermal suite on ships that have a thermal suite. They haven't eliminated this perk because it isn't available on all ships. There is an asterisk that lists the ships where it is not available. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas.

I prepaid prior to the cruise and key card had the drink package on it when I checked in. It was not a sticker like I got in the past when I purchased on board.

Do you mean it was printed on the card or do you mean when they swiped your card, the computer told them you had the package?

Do you mean it was printed on the card or do you mean when they swiped your card, the computer told them you had the package?

Printed into the card when they gave it to me at check in. They never swiped the card for the 3 products I had, like Celebrity cruises does.

Milkshakes were not included on Emerald, Ruby, or Star in the past 6-10 months (we sailed all 3 ships and specifically asked). My kids don't drink soda or juice so we only got the package for the shakes. Luckily, they have now discovered the joy of Mocktails so have those instead! Dumb thing is, a shake is $2.50 while a Mocktail is $5....so Princess are the ones actually losing out??!!!

Milkshakes were not included on Emerald, Ruby, or Star in the past 6-10 months (we sailed all 3 ships and specifically asked). My kids don't drink soda or juice so we only got the package for the shakes. Luckily, they have now discovered the joy of Mocktails so have those instead! Dumb thing is, a shake is $2.50 while a Mocktail is $5....so Princess are the ones actually losing out??!!!

Do you recall if the Ruby had the capability of making milk shakes? I know the Regal and Royal do not offer milk shakes. Our family is on the Ruby next week and the "grown" kids have the Premium Beverage Package which includes milk shakes in the package description. They are looking forward to having milk shakes.

Do you recall if the Ruby had the capability of making milk shakes? I know the Regal and Royal do not offer milk shakes. Our family is on the Ruby next week and the "grown" kids have the Premium Beverage Package which includes milk shakes in the package description. They are looking forward to having milk shakes.

Yup - Ruby has them at the ice cream place.

I think only the Royal and Regal do not have the ability to make milkshakes because they do not have an ice cream outlet. If the ship has an ice cream location' date=' they can make milkshakes.[/quote']

I didn't know there was no ice cream place on Royal and Regal. My kids will be disappointed - sailing Royal in March for the first time. Do they not have cups and cones?

I think only the Royal and Regal do not have the ability to make milkshakes because they do not have an ice cream outlet. If the ship has an ice cream location' date=' they can make milkshakes.[/quote']

i noticed on the deck plan there is a place called Swirls. and from videos on youtube, it looks like an ice cream outlet.