LIVE from the Cloud, 10th April FL to Barcelona

Silver Spectre

Alas, we are now sailing to our final port of call for this voyage—Barcelona. However, we had a glorious dinner tonight with fabulous new cruise friends in the main restaurant. Pls. enjoy a few pix; first is of us enjoying a very nice Pommery Louise 1999 (thanks EnglishUSA) as a starter. Then we enjoyed a few bottles of the 2008 Lytton Springs Zin and Tica Sauvignon Blanc with our main courses. We were having so much fun we closed the Restaurant . A few hours later we had to rush to our suites to put our luggage out for pickup.

valpm002_zps94a8ea8c.jpg

LtoR; Theresa, Charles, Mrs. Silver, Wes, Mr. Silver, Marty, Mike

valpm004_zps3c421f76.jpg

Marty special ordered pasta vongole for our table

valpm005_zps0a316ab7.jpg

Thank you so much Col Wes, and others who have contributed to this fascinating account. It was such a pleasure to sail along with you all. My DH and I have failed twice to get into Funchal due to rough seas so we were particularly glad to get a peek at Madeira. There is, we hope, a next time!

I guess my main point is that it is wonderful to get a true sense of people truly enjoying themselves. At a certain point in life, it's a really good idea to finally wake up and yell YIPPEE. Looks like this group of Silver Cloud sailors have been celebrating all the way across the Atlantic. Three cheers for that!

Saw one of our favorite, long time pals, Clive, front and center at the Capt.'s farewell. Hi, Clive!

Thank you so much Col Wes, and others who have contributed to this fascinating account. It was such a pleasure to sail along with you all. My DH and I have failed twice to get into Funchal due to rough seas so we were particularly glad to get a peek at Madeira. There is, we hope, a next time!

I guess my main point is that it is wonderful to get a true sense of people truly enjoying themselves. At a certain point in life, it's a really good idea to finally wake up and yell YIPPEE. Looks like this group of Silver Cloud sailors have been celebrating all the way across the Atlantic. Three cheers for that!

Saw one of our favorite, long time pals, Clive, front and center at the Capt.'s farewell. Hi, Clive!

CruisinPashmina, You've expressed my sentiments too. I've so enjoyed this account of a fabulous voyage -- not just the pictures, but the sense of a wonderful "joie de vivre" that we've been privileged to take part in -- it's what a cruise should be. Thank you Wes, Silver Spectre, EnglishUSA and everyone else for sharing your experience.

I've been vicariously reading (we were on the Wind last month and visited many of these ports)... We were lucky enough to be on a magical sailing last Sept from Istanbul to Israel to Greece and loved David's prayer... Which I totally forgot about until now...Funny and touching all at once. Now I have to go upstairs to my travel memento box to fish out my copy!

Thanks so much Col. Wes, David, et al for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

"You can take the man out of the army but you can't take the army out of the man!"

Had dinner last night with Wes as he wanted to try the veal liver.

Before the meal he leaves the table because " I need to go to the latrine!"

Ida: He did enjoy the liver!!

I'm now in Valencia airport, leaving the ship one day early to attend an "Old Boy's luncheon" in London

Now I would like to see the T-shirt you wear to that function.

Sir I salute your sense of humour.

Cruisin Pashmina, Stumblefoot/Brian, RachelG/Rachel, Bon.Vivant, beckaboo, bsrkent/steve &barb, 57 varieties; your very welcome--believe Silver, EnglishUSA and I love

to post as a way of giving back to the Silversea board for other cruise critics posting generosity. Cruisin pashmina--yes Clive was everywhere when we were docked ensuring excursions

went off well. He was one of the last Superstar Cloud Crew we said good bye too in luggage area this morning identifying our luggage before boarding the Silversea transport to Barcelona

airport. Bon.V, forgot if I answered the ? u asked earlier on key Cloud crew on thru your June sailing--Capt. Sangiacomo, Gianni (HD), David Lawton (CD), Clive Destinations Services.

Disembarking the Cloud this morning was well done/well organized, tho four of us were disappointed that the 4 hour Barcelona tour & airport transfer was not run since only four pax

(need 12 minimum) signed up. Esp tough for Brigitt who have not seen Barceona before--she is going to try HOHO bus if her friend Marty will go with her. Transfer to airport was 20 min from port--check-in @ Lufthansa a breeze--but a few of us now have between 4-7 hours to wait until our flights. Yesterday, got a very generous offer from new SS cruise friends Rob & Diane who offered to let us use their room

at the Arts to store our bags if we wanted to use the HOHO for 3-4 hrs prior to our flight--both Bob and I declined. We were hopeful we may get an earlier flight when we got to Barca airport at 9:45am--alas, no availability for BCN to Frankfurt earlier for me. Hope Bob was able to get an earlier flight to London on British Airways--otherwise he waits until 6pm

Enjoyed this Cloud crossing--met many new SS cruise friends, met familiar Cloud crew faces and met many new Cloud crew members. Grant excelled above &beyond with dining, Sergio ran the restaurants very well. Entertainment tho have seen these Silversea artist shows previously, was also good. However, look very, very forward to cruising with Ida on the Shadow this

December (BA to Santiago). Much much prefer cruising with the love of my life than being a solo.

Thanks all for sharing this crossing and then visiting Portugal (Madiera) and Spain (Cadiz, Malaga, Cartagena, Valencia) with us.

Hello All, having disembarked from the Wind just two weeks ago and this only being my second voyage with Silversea, l have thoroughly enjoyed the reports from the Colonel and appreciate the time that has been taken to allow us to live 'live' on what sounds like a wonderful trip.

Safe travels home to one and all.

Colonel Wes, I greatly enjoyed your cruise chronicle and pictures. I'm glad to hear that you were treated well, and enjoyed yourself. I don't want to wish me life away,but now I can hardly wait to join the Whisper on 1/39/15 in Sydney.

Safe trip home !

Thanks all, Mr. Silver, EnglishUSA and I had a ball. David booked another Cloud voyage for 2015 (29 mites) believe Barca to Capetown) told David we most likely will not book another Cloud Voyage until they replace the poor gym like the Wind refurb (now obsvn lounge where gym was)a few yrs ago. We love the crew, and intimate Cloud minus the inadequate poorly located (not adjacent the Spa). Ida and I now look forward to boarding the Shadow in Buenos Aires in December. One of our fav Waiters from Cloud will be on the Shadow (Rudy)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of our fav Waiters from Cloud will be on the Shadow (Rudy)

We enjoyed Rudy immensely last summer on our first Cloud voyage. He took care of us unlike any other. Hope he'll be back on the Cloud in the summer of '15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk