Suite GTY or Balcony GTY for Oasis?

Hey there! I'm looking at a cruise on the Oasis with our kids in June, and noticed that a GTY suite was about 2k more than a GTY neighborhood balcony.

Since we're taking the kids, I'm honestly torn between saving the 2k for excursions and such and having the extra room and an ocean-view balcony and access to CK.

Anyone have any experiences? I know that we're pretty likely to end up in a JS, so we'd have a little more room and that's it.

TIA! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

When my children were that age, a large balcony was sufficient and I used the money we saved on other things like excursions.

On occasions when we did splash out (like special celebrations) we went for a full suite in order to take advantage of perks as well as more spacious accommodation.

I tend to lean toward less expensive rooms when o travel with my three teens on RC. We cruise at the most expensive time of the year (Xmas) so I save the money. I would love to try a suite but it’s just too much with all the other stuff we want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, I’d probably go for two connecting cabins (even insides if need be) for some privacy, more floor space, and an extra bathroom. But if that option does not appeal and we were all going to share, I’d probably go with the cheaper cabin and plan to spend extra money on all the excursions, spa treatments, etc.

Depending on the sailing it would probably be less then $2000 more to go on a Crown Loft Suite rather then 2 balcony cabins or even a regular Junior Suite..............Crown Loft will give you plenty of room and 2 bathrooms. Need to know the sailing date you are thinking of taking, Since you live in Texas probably school is done by June 3rd, that would probably be the lowest priced one to go on rather then the later one which is more summer time for the people on the east coast, thus the prices are higher then. They jump up quite a bit once the second week of June kicks in. Book soon though, supply and demand will dictate the prices. Finding cabins to hold 4 people this late for a June sailing aren't that easy to find so you must book soon if you want a cabin for 4 people or even if you want two cabins side by side somewhere on the ship.

In the ports do ALL excursions on your own and not through the cruiseline, you will save some money there , that would be an extra savings to put toward the cabin.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Spend the extra $ 2000 on a Crown Loft Suite which will give you plenty of room. 2 bathrooms.

In the ports do ALL excursions on your own and not through the cruiseline, you will save some money there , that would be an extra savings to put toward the cabin.

I imagine the price differential between a neighborhood balcony gty and a crown loft for four is way more than $2000 for a summer cruise.

I imagine the price differential between a neighborhood balcony gty and a crown loft for four is way more than $2000 for a summer cruise.

Guess again..............it is not. It's actually less on the June 3rd sailing I just checked.

I was doing JS for 4 and Crown Loft for 4

OP stated that they really want the extra room of a JS or larger..........if you are going to pay the JS price for 4 or 2 balcony cabins you might as well move up to a Crown Loft.

Edited by Jimbo

Guess again..............it is not. It's actually less on the June 10th sailing I just checked.

I was doing JS for 4 and Crown Loft for 4

OP stated that they really want the extra room of a JS or larger..........if you are going to pay the JS price for 4 or 2 balcony cabins you might as well move up to a Crown Loft.

June 10th sailing

Category J3

$6,356.00

+Taxes: $446.92

Category L2 $8,300.00

June 10th sailing

Category J3

$6,356.00

Category L2 $8,300.00

So 8k for 4. That certainly would be significantly more than a balcony guarantee. If they are torn over an additional 2k for a JS I’m not sure they would want to do another 2k on top of that.

Depending on the sailing it would probably be less then $2000 more to go on a Crown Loft Suite rather then 2 balcony cabins or even a regular Junior Suite..............Crown Loft will give you plenty of room and 2 bathrooms. Need to know the sailing date you are thinking of taking, Since you live in Texas probably school is done by June 3rd, that would probably be the lowest priced one to go on rather then the later one which is more summer time for the people on the east coast, thus the prices are higher then. They jump up quite a bit once the second week of June kicks in. Book soon though, supply and demand will dictate the prices. Finding cabins to hold 4 people this late for a June sailing aren't that easy to find so you must book soon if you want a cabin for 4 people or even if you want two cabins side by side somewhere on the ship.

I would not recommend doing ALL excursions on your own. An example is docking at Cozumel and taking a ferry for an excursion onto the mainland. It would take very little for your non ship excursion to run late and miss boarding time. The channel can be rough and cause ferries to run late.

I have seen many RCI excursions arrive just in time but RCI charters a ferry and it returns right next to ship.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk