Norwegian price increases

swanmark

Hi Guys, wanted to ask a question, is it me or has anyone else noticed that Norwegian prices have increased dramatically since last year, I was on the Epic last May in the Haven, and it cost £1800, this year it’s £3400, and we were on the star in September, we had a mini suite for £1200, this September a balcony is £1800, I can’t see why this type of increase is justified?

Actually, as a suite and Haven cruiser, YES. NCL jacked up suite and Haven prices and sell the rest via the bid system aka Priceline-esque. So that you are paying double what your neighbor paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The increased stated in the opening post are higher than I have seen, but they certainly increased significantly in the U.K. when the all inclusive rates were introduced.

Based on the ones I have been looking at (not suites) they seem to have increased by around 20-25%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching prices for the Bliss out of NY next N November and I feel like $1299 is high for a balcony. There are a lot of rooms still available. I'll keep watching the price. We got a balcony on Escape last November for $799. So im hoping prices will drop.

I think the "free at sea" has something to do with it. Basically building in the alcohol, specialty, shore excursions, etc. No one runs a business constantly giving away free stuff. [emoji52]

Edited by samfiremedic

I think the "free at sea" has something to do with it. Basically building in the alcohol, specialty, shore excursions, etc. No one runs a business constantly giving away free stuff. [emoji52]

It’s nothing to do with free at sea, which has been around for years.

If you notice, the OP quoted prices in pounds. Last year they introduced all inclusive here, which basically includes the UBP (which most of us got anyway), prepaid DSC and a few small extras like water, and NCL took the opportunity to put the prices up.

It’s nothing to do with free at sea, which has been around for years.

If you notice, the OP quoted prices in pounds. Last year they introduced all inclusive here, which basically includes the UBP (which most of us got anyway), prepaid DSC and a few small extras like water, and NCL took the opportunity to put the prices up.

I get that, but over the past several years they offer more perks it seems. So one could argue elevated prices are kind of pre paying perks.

Sam [emoji924][emoji3][emoji631]

I get that, but over the past several years they offer more perks it seems. So one could argue elevated prices are kind of pre paying perks.

I have been reading about the all inclusive as well.

We booked a family suite on the Star for 10/18 at $1,699 pp. The prices have gone through the roof ... increased by $600 pp.

I’m sailing next month during spring break in a family suite on the Star and it was only $900 per person (4 people). Wow.

I’m sailing next month during spring break in a family suite on the Star and it was only $900 per person (4 people). Wow.

Yes but March in the Mediterranean is considered a very low season, try getting the same deal in September

I'm watching prices for the Bliss out of NY next N November and I feel like $1299 is high for a balcony. There are a lot of rooms still available. I'll keep watching the price. We got a balcony on Escape last November for $799. So im hoping prices will drop.

hope you do find the rates going down but there are several things that we all need to remember:

1-as mentioned, it is supply and demand

2-in your case you are talking a brand new ship versus one that is a bit older. Yes the rates are going to be higher. Always we have to compare the class of the ship,the time of the year and the itinerary.

3- rates are going up on most lines. Check others and you might be a little less surprised at the prices

4-throwing in perks are bound to raise the prices some.

5- prices do go and up and down. Sometimes we remember what we paid for a particular cruise and do not realize someone else, sailing on that same cruise might have paid 1/2 again as much or maybe less. :rolleyes:

Yes but March in the Mediterranean is considered a very low season, try getting the same deal in September

The Star isn’t in the Med in March. There aren’t any proper Med cruises available on NCL until April, they go to the Canary Islands instead, on the Spirit.

I’m not sure where the Star is next month, but it isn’t the Med.

I think the key anymore is to either book way out or if you can chance a sail last minute potentially without perks, wait till then. They still have some deals for USA bookings. I got a two week med 10/24/19 on the Jade, pretty loaded with perks ie distinctive voyage, plus free at sea and free extra guests and $300 obc for $5949 pp for a Haven penthouse. The sf suites (full suite same perks just no Haven) are around $4500. Got my adult kids ocean view for $1899 pp. this far off and over half the suites are already gone. Once they sell to a certain point then pricing goes way up and at that point an upsell bid is best you can hope for. The 2018 sailings have probably sold to a point that the pricing has gone way up. For uk bookings it looks like the ai packages bumped up the pricing.

Don't count on prices dropping. I booked in January 2017 for a Bliss November 2018 sailing and prices have gone nothing but up.

We’ve sailed out of NYC in balconies off season and have never paid $799, usually closer to $999, and not on brand new ships. It’s more expensive to sail from this area.