Extra gratuity questions

Janeille

Curious about what is the most beneficial form of saying a little extra thank you for the employees who go above & beyond. My first thought was to use the 2 bottles of wine allowed to give some local (to me) wines. My next thought was obviously cash, however if the employee doesn’t have ready access to exchange currency or the ability to transfer the funds to an account it might not be the most useful way to thank them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Curious about what is the most beneficial form of saying a little extra thank you for the employees who go above & beyond. My first thought was to use the 2 bottles of wine allowed to give some local (to me) wines. My next thought was obviously cash, however if the employee doesn’t have ready access to exchange currency or the ability to transfer the funds to an account it might not be the most useful way to thank them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Cash in USD is the best, as the crew has very small shared cabins, and don't have a lot of room for other things.

Curious about what is the most beneficial form of saying a little extra thank you for the employees who go above & beyond. My first thought was to use the 2 bottles of wine allowed to give some local (to me) wines. My next thought was obviously cash, however if the employee doesn’t have ready access to exchange currency or the ability to transfer the funds to an account it might not be the most useful way to thank them. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Definitely cash. US currency is what they can use at the crew store. They will even give you envelopes to put cash in, if you want.

I would never give gifts like bottles of wine. Cash is the best way to say thank you. USD or Euros are best and they will have plenty of opportunities to spend or exchange these as they wish. If no alternative, then still reasonably to give spare currency like Norwegian and let them worry about getting it exchanged or spend at port.

Tipping is customary on ships and cash in an envelope is the best way to say thank you.

Many cultures and religions don't drink alcohol so I would also say cash.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Same thoughts here also. If they want wine they can buy the kind they prefer (or other alcohol) with the cash you give them.

Definitely cash! And don't wait till the end of the cruise to tip. Grease a few palms in the beginning and you'll have wonderful service throughout. Remember what Steve Martin said in ""My Blue Heaven", "I don't believe in tipping. I believe in OVER-tipping!"

Elvis

While on board last week we wanted to leave extra for our room attendant (did the prepaid grats as well). We only had Canadian $ with us, I stopped at guest services to ask if there was a way to exchange our money to leave extra tips and the man looked at me like I was weird and said to just give him the Canadian money. I asked if they were able to easily convert it themselves and he assured me that the staff had no issues exchanging money.

Also, you can leave extra tips on your account that will be charged to your credit card on file if you don't have cash on hand. They just flag it on your account to go to specific people as additional tips.