Redeeming Credit Card Points

How close to a sailing can I redeem my credit card point for onboard credit? How long does it take for the credit card company to credit my onboard account? I am sailing on the Allure on May 13 and am wondering if I should redeem my points now or can I wait until the end of March. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

How close to a sailing can I redeem my credit card point for onboard credit? How long does it take for the credit card company to credit my onboard account? I am sailing on the Allure on May 13 and am wondering if I should redeem my points now or can I wait until the end of March. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I believe you can redeem points for OBC up to about a week before the cruise. I'd do it at least two weeks in advance so you have some time to chase it down, just in case it does not show up quickly.

The end of March and is plenty of time. I use my points for OBC and redeem them 3-4 weeks before the cruise. I do it online and print out the confirmation and bring it with me just to make sure I get it if it doesn’t show up. But so far that has not happened. It gets credited pretty quick.

I submitted mine a couple weeks ago for a May 3rd sailing and it still hasn't shown up. I figured it would take a while but maybe I'll call if it's usually quick. I also printed the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It doesn’t show up till you get on board. It automatically comes off your points balance on your credit card. That is why I print the confirmation and bring it with me. At least for me it has never showed on my reservation online. Just on the TV account when I board and sometimes not till the second day.

I submitted mine a couple weeks ago for a May 3rd sailing and it still hasn't shown up. I figured it would take a while but maybe I'll call if it's usually quick. I also printed the confirmation.

We usually do ours 3 weeks before sailing....we also do print out the confirmation. We have never had a problem at all to need the printout....but we take it with us anyway.

Does RCCL still refund any extra OBC back to your credit card? (OBC from your RCL credit card?)

I have taken the cash at the guest service desk.

If you get credit back on your card that is points they take back (ie if you get $100 refunded to your card that is 100 points they take back. If you get the cash then no credit to take back on card but you still get your $100)

Win win. Just did it in My last two cruises.

Hi. Years ago I had to print out the voichers, email to TA and then the TA sent to RCCL.

I went through a TA for my Allure August sailing. Can I still redeem directly online or do I have to do througj a TA. I thought I also read the redemptions were only good for six months but Im guessing that is not correct.

Thank you all.

Hi. Years ago I had to print out the voichers, email to TA and then the TA sent to RCCL.

I went through a TA for my Allure August sailing. Can I still redeem directly online or do I have to do througj a TA. I thought I also read the redemptions were only good for six months but Im guessing that is not correct.

Thank you all.

All redemptions are done online now. You can apply redemptions to any booked cruise.

I redeemed mine over a year in advance. Cruise is this coming June, and they say I should see them pop up in the planner, in May

Our cruise is coming up in April and I redeemed my points a month or so ago. I’ve been waiting for something to show up in my planner, but I guess that I should just (patiently?) wait until next month.

Our cruise is coming up in April and I redeemed my points a month or so ago. I’ve been waiting for something to show up in my planner, but I guess that I should just (patiently?) wait until next month.

They say that redemptions are processed in order of saling date. I'd probably wait until a month before sailing, and if you still don't see your OBC, call the redemption people at 888-305-4626.

Bob

Can you gift your points for obc to a reservation not in the name of the credit card holder?

Joan

Yes, you can redeem your points and apply them to any booked cruise. I've not used the web page lately, but there used to be no specific field for booking number of the cruise. However, there was a free form field, I believe called "Notes", and I'd always put the booking number in that field.

I redeemed mine over a year in advance. Cruise is this coming June, and they say I should see them pop up in the planner, in May

For my 2017 cruise they never showed up, but the points were refunded. This year I waited till Feb 1st, going to try and call this week and see if they show up.

I just did mine online for my May cruise and am waiting for it to show up in my cruise planner. I did this last year but closer to the cruise date and they showed up in about a week or so as OBC in the cruise planner - where I was happily able to purchase the drinking package. :)

Hi Joan:

You can use your rewards up to 7 days prior to sailing for OBC, but I find that it is best to do it a little further in advance then that. You do not want to do it too far in advance as the reward points, once applied to a booking are non refundable or transferable, if you should have to cancel the cruise, you will loose the reward points.

Yes, you can use the reward points for gifting to another reservation. I find it is better to call in, rather than doing it on line. The phone number that I use when redeeming is 1-888-305-4626. You will need their reservation number, Ship Name, Sail Date and the persons name as it appears on the reservation when you call.

Reward points are good for 60 months (5 years), after that they expire. If you have points that you suspect will be expiring, you need to call Bank of America, not the redemption center and they will be able to tell you how long you have on the points validity. If your points are going to expire soon, and you do not have a booked reservation, you can call the redemption center and redeem them for OBC or a Cruise Credit and you will then have 180 days from that redemption date to find a booking. If you do not find a booking within that 180 days then you will loose the reward points.

Yes, you can redeem your points and apply them to any booked cruise. I've not used the web page lately, but there used to be no specific field for booking number of the cruise. However, there was a free form field, I believe called "Notes", and I'd always put the booking number in that field.

Thanks Bob!