Just heard from Capt. Bob at Soualiga Destinations...

WrittenOnYourHeart

And thankfully it's mostly good news for him...

"To all my valued friends and clients,

I can not thank you enough for your concerns and emails about our safety during Hurricane Irma and St.Martin.

As you have seen in the news, Irma made a direct hit in St.Martin on Sept 5-6. It totally devastated the island. We were lucky and only lost 3 of our 11 boats and everyone is safe.

I personally was able to get evacuated yesterday by fishing boat to St. Kitts where I was able to get on a flight to Chicago with my dog and drive a rental car to Long Island NY. I am lucky to get out with the shirt on my back and a few important belongings and papers.

My house withstood the storm with minimal damage but most others were destroyed. The night of the storm was particularly scary and the days and nights following the storm were also dangerous because of looting.

We are hoping to be back in business by the middle of December 2017 as long as the cruise ships start coming back but that all depends on how quickly the island rebuilds infrastructure.

If you have a reservation booked, I will be making refunds less 5% as per our cancellation policy weekly as the weeks pass until ship start coming back again so look for your refund at the end of the week of your reservation.

Have no fear, I am financially solvent and have the resources to refund everyone who is not able to make our tours.

Thanks again for your kind words and concerns.

Capt. Bob"

Here's hoping that they are able to get back to the new normal sooner than later!

You're welcome!!

I have emailed him back to see if there is still space when I am scheduled to be there in Feb - I had been reserved, then changed cruises and cancelled, but changed back to my originally scheduled cruise. I'd been hesitant to email and ask, but I figure now it can't hurt. And I'll even tell him he can keep the deposit if we don't get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome to hear from Bob. We were scheduled to go out with him last Easter but ended up flipping off the cruise we were scheduled on last minute when it got shortened due to mechanical issues and the new one didn't hit St Martin. He was great about an immediate refund of the deposits. We booked a cruise this Easter making sure there was a stop in St Martin so we could meet up with him again. I am happy to hear his home is fine and all things considered....3 boats lost sucks but could have been so much worse. We'll be reaching out to him as soon as the dust settles and April looks like it will be possible to stop in St Martin.

Awesome to hear from Bob. We were scheduled to go out with him last Easter but ended up flipping off the cruise we were scheduled on last minute when it got shortened due to mechanical issues and the new one didn't hit St Martin. He was great about an immediate refund of the deposits. We booked a cruise this Easter making sure there was a stop in St Martin so we could meet up with him again. I am happy to hear his home is fine and all things considered....3 boats lost sucks but could have been so much worse. We'll be reaching out to him as soon as the dust settles and April looks like it will be possible to stop in St Martin.

Yeah. I heard back and he has requested to hold off on contacting about reservations until mid-December.

Thank you so much for posting this- we had such a great time with them last year, and have them booked again for the end of March. I had basically resigned to the fact that that wasn't going to happen but now I'm hopeful for the whole island's sake that it might be up and running by then- I know how much they need the tourism dollars.

• 3 weeks later...
And thankfully it's mostly good news for him...

"To all my valued friends and clients,

I can not thank you enough for your concerns and emails about our safety during Hurricane Irma and St.Martin.

As you have seen in the news, Irma made a direct hit in St.Martin on Sept 5-6. It totally devastated the island. We were lucky and only lost 3 of our 11 boats and everyone is safe.

I personally was able to get evacuated yesterday by fishing boat to St. Kitts where I was able to get on a flight to Chicago with my dog and drive a rental car to Long Island NY. I am lucky to get out with the shirt on my back and a few important belongings and papers.

My house withstood the storm with minimal damage but most others were destroyed. The night of the storm was particularly scary and the days and nights following the storm were also dangerous because of looting.

We are hoping to be back in business by the middle of December 2017 as long as the cruise ships start coming back but that all depends on how quickly the island rebuilds infrastructure.

If you have a reservation booked, I will be making refunds less 5% as per our cancellation policy weekly as the weeks pass until ship start coming back again so look for your refund at the end of the week of your reservation.

Have no fear, I am financially solvent and have the resources to refund everyone who is not able to make our tours.

Thanks again for your kind words and concerns.

Capt. Bob"

Here's hoping that they are able to get back to the new normal sooner than later!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
Thank you so much for posting this- we had such a great time with them last year, and have them booked again for the end of March. I had basically resigned to the fact that that wasn't going to happen but now I'm hopeful for the whole island's sake that it might be up and running by then- I know how much they need the tourism dollars.

We will be there for the first time in July. Please fill me in on Captain Bob and what he offers.

• 1 month later...