Holland house questions

• 2 months later...
Has anybody done the Holland house for a day trip?

If so how much did it cost and what did it include.

How much did it cost to get there and how long did it take?

I've emailed them but not gotten

an answer

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Following. I also emailed them and received no response.

Following. I also emailed them and received no response.

We were there earlier this year. It was $7pp r/t for the water taxi.

Then it was $25 for 2 chairs, an umbrella, and 4 beers.

You can also substitute waters or sodas for the beers. If I remember correctly you could get 2 mixed drinks instead fo the 4 beers. We just got the beers so didn't pay that much attention.

There was a place right next to them called Nu that offered the same package with I think 5 beers.

https://www.bistronu.com/presentation-bistronu

Bill

I emailed them , the end of March, received an answer back the next day, I inquired about a day use room, this is what i reeived back from them:

It will be a great pleasure to have you at the Holland House Beach Hotel.

Please be informed that it is possible to get a day room.

The rate is: $125.00 including tax.

In the event of questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Diana Gumbs

Reservations Manager

Please contact us for beach Massage!!

Frontstreet 45 Philipsburg St. Maarten D.W.I.

T +1 721-542-2572 | F +1 721-542-4673

www.HHBH.com

www.facebook.com/hollandhousebeachhotel

I asked another questions, as to what the $125 included, & received back the same day:

Dear Mrs. Finn,

The $125.00 is for the room and will include only the beach chairs.

Regards,

Diana Gumbs

Reservations Manager

I emailed them , the end of March, received an answer back the next day, I inquired about a day use room, this is what i reeived back from them:

It will be a great pleasure to have you at the Holland House Beach Hotel.

Please be informed that it is possible to get a day room.

The rate is: $125.00 including tax.

Regards,

Diana Gumbs

Reservations Manager

Please contact us for beach Massage!!

Frontstreet 45 Philipsburg St. Maarten D.W.I.

T +1 721-542-2572 | F +1 721-542-4673

www.HHBH.com

I asked another questions, as to what the $125 included, & received back the same day:

Dear Mrs. Finn,

The $125.00 is for the room and will include only the beach chairs.

Regards,

Diana Gumbs

Reservations Manager

Good to know. I just got a response back yesterday explaining the beach day pass option.

Good day,

Thank you for your email and interest on a day pass.

What we offer are beach deals for $25 which includes;

• 2 beach chairs

• 1 umbrella

• 4 drinks (soda, water or beer)

• Wi-Fi access

• shower and restrooms

That you can arrange upon arrival.

Warm Regards

Jandery (Jesse) Powell

Food & Beverage Manager

Holland House Beach Hotel

Frontstreet 45 Philipsburg Sint Maarten D.W.I.

T +1 721-542-2572 C +1 721-520-5430

www.HHBH.com

We were there last week. Holland House have the nicest set-up on that beach. There were others that looked like they had the nice thick cushions etc but the beds were on top of each other, we were glad we chose Holland House.

There were 3 of us so it cost $37.50 with 6 drinks, we got 2 rum punches for 4 drinks and 2 sodas. Nice clean toilets, easy access wi-fi and a shower to use. The usual vendors passing by asking if you want massages, hair braids etc but a firm 'no thank you' is enough to keep them moving.

From the ship and/or the dock if you look across to the beach you will recognise Holland House by the white umbrellas. When you get off the water taxi ($7 return/all day access), turn right and it's about a 2 or 3 minute walk.

• Like 1

We were there last week. Holland House have the nicest set-up on that beach. There were others that looked like they had the nice thick cushions etc but the beds were on top of each other, we were glad we chose Holland House.

There were 3 of us so it cost $37.50 with 6 drinks, we got 2 rum punches for 4 drinks and 2 sodas. Nice clean toilets, easy access wi-fi and a shower to use. The usual vendors passing by asking if you want massages, hair braids etc but a firm 'no thank you' is enough to keep them moving.

From the ship and/or the dock if you look across to the beach you will recognise Holland House by the white umbrellas. When you get off the water taxi ($7 return/all day access), turn right and it's about a 2 or 3 minute walk.

Thanks for the input. I'm assuming the price above not only included drinks, but chairs as well? We have a party of three also...

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this - going to be there July 11:

Is it walkable (safely) from port? Like sidewalk safe.

Food options: beach chair dining? Inside dining? ( like with air conditioning if DH needs a break from heat)

And massages- you mentioned as part of the “ vendor” comments. Has anyone done this? Opinions?

Thanks in advance, Jill

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this - going to be there July 11:

Is it walkable (safely) from port? Like sidewalk safe.

Food options: beach chair dining? Inside dining? ( like with air conditioning if DH needs a break from heat)

And massages- you mentioned as part of the “ vendor” comments. Has anyone done this? Opinions?

Thanks in advance, Jill

I have read that it is walkable about 15 minutes or so but the water taxi was easier for us. $7pp r/t with about a 2 minute walk after you get off.

We ate there but it was outside. Not sure if there was indoor restaurant.

Restaurant was a little pricy for me but YMMV.

https://www.hhbh.com/conti/menus/Ocean-Lounge-Lunch-and-Dinner.pdf

Didn't see any vendors for massages but they did have jet skis for rent.

Bill

I have read that it is walkable about 15 minutes or so but the water taxi was easier for us. $7pp r/t with about a 2 minute walk after you get off.

We ate there but it was outside. Not sure if there was indoor restaurant.

Restaurant was a little pricy for me but YMMV.

https://www.hhbh.com/conti/menus/Ocean-Lounge-Lunch-and-Dinner.pdf

Didn't see any vendors for massages but they did have jet skis for rent.

Bill

Thank you! Were you able to swim?

Do you remember any details about the jet skis? Price? Did you have to follow a group? We're you limited to a certain area?

Jet skis if I remember correctly were $65 for 30 minutes.

Didn't have to follow anybody and you had a pretty good area you could go to.

In fact couldn't even see my son he was so far out.

Bill

Jet skis if I remember correctly were $65 for 30 minutes.

Didn't have to follow anybody and you had a pretty good area you could go to.

In fact couldn't even see my son he was so far out.

Bill

Good to know. Thank you! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the input. I'm assuming the price above not only included drinks, but chairs as well? We have a party of three also...

If one is up and able to walk you can easily save $7 a person. It's all sidewalk and less than a mile. Very easy to do but if you are lugging a lot of personal stuff you might be better off with ferry. BTW: By the time they fill up the ferry, float over, and then disembark, you are there no quicker than if you walked. Just saying as we do this all the time. We're actually staying at the HH this month for a week. We love it there.

If one is up and able to walk you can easily save $7 a person. It's all sidewalk and less than a mile. Very easy to do but if you are lugging a lot of personal stuff you might be better off with ferry. BTW: By the time they fill up the ferry, float over, and then disembark, you are there no quicker than if you walked. Just saying as we do this all the time. We're actually staying at the HH this month for a week. We love it there.

Good point... Guess we'll just wait and see how we're feeling in the moment. lol

• 4 weeks later...

I see you suggested water taxi to get to HH, but my DH and I scoot around on our compact people-mover aka scooter :) can we take a land taxi and would it be similar rate? Also, is the facility easy to get around on our people-mover?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
I see you suggested water taxi to get to HH, but my DH and I scoot around on our compact people-mover aka scooter :) can we take a land taxi and would it be similar rate? Also, is the facility easy to get around on our people-mover?

Thanks for your help.

I got the answer....we were on St. Marteen last week and yes, there are taxis that will take passengers with mobility scooters to Holland House, no problem. Although, depending on who you deal with, the rates can differ...we were charged $8 each with scooters to Holland House but on our way back, the honest driver only charged us $3 each that's WITH our scooters, we appreciated his honesty so much that we ended up giving him $16 anyway, LOL!!!

Anyway, enjoy this beautiful island, they've recovered from hurricane Irma quite nicely.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app