BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:14 PM.
10,805 Posts
Joined May 2009
I've had the problem only on my iPhone 8, using Safari (never on my PC). I cleared my browsing history and cookies, the ad blocker has been on the entire time, yet once again today I got the scam Amazon prize winner pop up pictured in the post immediately above. This does not happen from any other web site, only from Cruise Critic.
Preston UK
2,247 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Is ANYONE doing this
LauraS

Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Ewing, NJ
20,004 Posts
Joined Jan 2000

Posted January 30th, 2018, 05:07 PM

We're working on this, but it does seem to be limited to mobile and/or tablet devices. Any screenshots you can share, or specific access info (like, are you using our forum app?) would be helpful.

Laura
Laura
Senior Manager Community
[email protected]
Tennessee
858 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
I get the same message but mine is from google and not amazon. It is only when I’m logged into cruise critic on my iPad. I don’t use the app. Next time it happens I will grab a screenshot.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Spending the kids' inheritance one cruise at a time

Also scheduled Serenade Of the Seas 11-8-2019 (chartered out from under us) rebooked 4-24-2020

Sailed:
Grandeur of the Seas 9-17-2018, 3-3-2018
Serenade of the Seas 3-27-2017
Norwegian Pearl 8-22-2015
Carnival Fantasy 12/2006
Carnival Sensation 2/2005
10,805 Posts
Joined May 2009
We're working on this, but it does seem to be limited to mobile and/or tablet devices. Any screenshots you can share, or specific access info (like, are you using our forum app?) would be helpful.

Laura
Laura
Senior Manager Community
[email protected]
Laura, thanks very much for coming on here to reply.

I did not grab a separate screen shot because the scam pop up I get looks exactly like the screenshot in post 40 above. When I get this scam pop up, I'm on my iPhone 8, on Safari, logged onto the CC web site [not using tapatalk]. This has never happened on my laptop (running Windows 10), where I log on to CC via Chrome. And I don't recall it happening on my iPad mini (using Safari).

I hope that's helpful.

And I hope your folks can resolve this soon; CC is a great site!
Ewing, NJ
21,011 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
Hello all:

This has been difficult for us to pinpoint, as I can assure you we aren't running these types of "ads" on mobile/tablet devices.

What is super helpful here is the screenshots you all have been providing us, and the whois links (which of course we do on our end).

Please keep sharing the screenshots OR the urls with us; this really helps! We're continuing to look into this.

Laura
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura
Senior Manager Community
[email protected]

When your values are clear, your decisions are easy -Roy Disney-
Virginia/North Carolina
2,941 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by LauraS
Hello all:

This has been difficult for us to pinpoint, as I can assure you we aren't running these types of "ads" on mobile/tablet devices.

What is super helpful here is the screenshots you all have been providing us, and the whois links (which of course we do on our end).

Please keep sharing the screenshots OR the urls with us; this really helps! We're continuing to look into this.

Laura
When I get antivirus alerts on this site, it always pinpoints to the emojis. Every single time, it points to them. It may be a starting point to look, especially if any are hosted on a separate server.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My cruise blog, www.love2cruise.org
3,959 Posts
Joined Jun 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Dream 8/26/18
Carnival Breeze 3/4/18
Carnival Triumph 9/11/17
Carnival Freedom 2/18/17
Carnival Triumph 9/12/16
Carnival Elation 2/29/16
Carnival Elation 8/31/15
Carnival Elation 7/7/14
The Big Easy
19,881 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by LauraS
Hello all:

Laura
Laura, the screen shot Saint Greg just posted is exactly what I'm getting. And like the others, it only happens on my iPhone....never on my Mac.
138 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Here is something you can try that seems to have stopped these annoying pop ups on the iPhone. Go to settings, then Safari, then advanced, then website data. Delete anything off the list that looks suspicious. I did this this past weekend and for now am not getting any more pop ups. I pretty much cleared the entire list except for websites that I know I visit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature