Carnival Breeze - Formal Dining nights?

Saskeeter

We just booked a last minute cruise on the Carnival Breeze last night for next month. What nights are designated for Formal Dining? We have only done 2 cruises over 11 years so we are fairly new to the process. This is our first cruise with Carnival. My wife's birthday is on a Wednesday so we were thinking about booking a reservation in the specialty steak house on that night. I haven't found any Specialty Restaurant Dining Packages like we did with RC. I do see where there is a minimal discount for booking in advance though. We are a minor foodies and had rather spend our money on good food rather than expensive excursions. We also booked so late we got the late 8:30 slot for the dining room. I am just trying to schedule a evening dining schedule. I appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks!

We just came off of the May 20 sailing on the Breeze. We went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel in that order. Our formal nights were on the first sea Day (Monday 2nd night) and on Grand Cayman Day (Thursday 5th night). Yours may depend on your itinerary. We had fun and we loved the Steakhouse! We ended up in the Steakhouse on night 3 and 5, Italian on night 4. Anytime dining the other 4 nights. Happy cruising to you and your wife!

On a 7 day cruise, the formal nights are the first sea day and (typically) the last sea day). If you book the Steakhouse on the first night, you will receive a free bottle of wine.

It kind of depends on the itinerary. On our upcoming cruise, our first at-sea day will be the third day of our cruise. We've been guessing our first Elegant Night will be on the evening of our first full day of the cruise. But that's only a guess right now.

• 3 months later...

Formal night has morphed into "Cruise Elegant". There are many, many threads that discuss what that means :D but basically it's quite relaxed from what it was in the old days.

My DH wears black cotton slacks, a short sleeved button down shirt and driving loafers. I wear black slacks, a sparlky top, and strappy black sandals. We pretty much fall into the average for Cruise Elegant dressing.

We enjoy the late seating for dinner. We rarely, if ever, miss the beauty of a sail-away and never have to hurry back to the ship in a port to get ready for dinner. One of our greatest joys is sitting out on deck with a glass of wine :wine-glass:and watch the port slip away.... then having a leisurely time getting ready for dinner. We see late dining as part of the evening activity rather than an interference. :D

On a 7 day cruise, the formal nights are the first sea day and (typically) the last sea day). If you book the Steakhouse on the first night, you will receive a free bottle of wine.

The last sea day? As in the last day of the cruise? I’ve never had that. Mine have been the next to last day. On my upcoming vista cruise we end with just 1 sea day but the 2nd formal night is going to be an early port day...grand cayman.

Just off the Breeze out of Galveston on September 9. Neither Chef's Table or the Behind the Scenes tour were offered in the Fun Times - we'd intended to book both of them. Are they only offered on the website in advance?

The behind the fun tour has to be booked once you board at the excursion desk. It only happens once usually and is the last morning of the cruise. I will have to check my fun times , I thought sure chef table was shown in the fun times. We just cruised the breeze Galveston on August 5, 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The behind the fun tour has to be booked once you board at the excursion desk. It only happens once usually and is the last morning of the cruise. I will have to check my fun times , I thought sure chef table was shown in the fun times. We just cruised the breeze Galveston on August 5, 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had my eyes open for both of them and didn't see either one. :(