BOGO dining pkg Freedom of the Seas

jonbgd

this is a question just for Freedom of the seas

I just realized we dont have to be onboard the ship till 8pm

But we booked the Bogo dining pkg

How does the BOGO work with late boarding/sailing

will they allow us to move 1st night to another night????

You will have to be on board minimum 90 minutes before sailaway. Website shows 8:30pm sailaway, you'll need to be on board no later than 7pm, so you will have no problem making your 1st night dinner.

They may let you move to another night,but that is not the rule, and I would not plan on it. You may end up missing one of your meals.

Can you board earlier?

We had a little snafu trying to pay in advance and reserving a specific night for wonderland. Called C@A and they took care of it by moving a Bistro reservation. Checked back into the cruise planner to make sure the reservation was set, and it was. However what they changed was moving my Bistro reservation to night 1 at 8:30,adding my BOGO to 8:30 on night 1, and putting my 3 night package on night 1 at 8:30 as well. I thought I would change reservations once onboard. Dose this seem like a disaster or would they clear it up onboard. I hate to call back because it would be the third phone call regarding dining reservations and each one seems to change everything. After the last phone call the rep said it would be easier to change things onboard in the future. Have you had a similar experience. thanks

We had a little snafu trying to pay in advance and reserving a specific night for wonderland. Called C@A and they took care of it by moving a Bistro reservation. Checked back into the cruise planner to make sure the reservation was set, and it was. However what they changed was moving my Bistro reservation to night 1 at 8:30,adding my BOGO to 8:30 on night 1, and putting my 3 night package on night 1 at 8:30 as well. I thought I would change reservations once onboard. Dose this seem like a disaster or would they clear it up onboard. I hate to call back because it would be the third phone call regarding dining reservations and each one seems to change everything. After the last phone call the rep said it would be easier to change things onboard in the future. Have you had a similar experience. thanks

Are you speaking about the Diamond Plus BOGO, or the "BOGO" that is offered on the cruise planner to everyone?

If it's the latter, you've made a mistake ...

You cannot have both the 3 night package and the "BOGO" on the same sailing as both require you to dine on night #1

"Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant."

They may let you move to another night,but that is not the rule, and I would not plan on it. You may end up missing one of your meals.

Can you board earlier?

Thanks Bob

I didnt think they would but was wondering since the Freedom isn't the normal board by 2pm Muster 330p sailaway 4ish

You will have to be on board minimum 90 minutes before sailaway. Website shows 8:30pm sailaway, you'll need to be on board no later than 7pm, so you will have no problem making your 1st night dinner.

Originally I would agree with you

but I just saw a Cruise Compass dated June 2nd 2018 that says "All guest need to be onboard 8PM"

with 830 sailaway

but I just saw a Cruise Compass dated June 2nd 2018 that says "All guest need to be onboard 8PM"

with 830 sailaway

Well well... this is another new one for me. I just looked at two recent Compasses as well, sure enough All Aboard in black & White at 8pm..... hmmmmm.

I think your problem is two-fold....

1. You'll need to ask for your change on board, so you'll have to get to the ship early anyways, go up to one of the dining venues to sort this out, then head back out off the ship to site see.
  2. There's no guarantee they'll let you do this. It's specific on the small print of your cruise planner that the BOGO is for nights #1 and #2 only. You're getting a discount so that RCL can have you on those chairs the nights they advertise, not when you want. If the package and venues are filled up for your specific cruise, they likely will not let you change and you've missed your dinner outright.

In your case, if you're staying out in San Juan until 8:

• Book your 1st night specialty for 9pm
  • Cancel BOGO altogether

I'm Curious....even if you have to be on board by 8pm for an 8:30 sail away, why would you want to cut it so close?
Probably wont

Just in case see what options were

Well well... this is another new one for me. I just looked at two recent Compasses as well, sure enough All Aboard in black & White at 8pm..... hmmmmm.

I think your problem is two-fold....

1. You'll need to ask for your change on board, so you'll have to get to the ship early anyways, go up to one of the dining venues to sort this out, then head back out off the ship to site see.
  2. There's no guarantee they'll let you do this. It's specific on the small print of your cruise planner that the BOGO is for nights #1 and #2 only. You're getting a discount so that RCL can have you on those chairs the nights they advertise, not when you want. If the package and venues are filled up for your specific cruise, they likely will not let you change and you've missed your dinner outright.

In your case, if you're staying out in San Juan until 8:

• Book your 1st night specialty for 9pm
  • Cancel BOGO altogether

I hadn't seen that before either that's why I was hoping someone that specifically done the FOS from SJU would have some first hand experiences.

oh well

Never hurts to ask and if asking never be afraid of the answer one receives:)

Are you speaking about the Diamond Plus BOGO, or the "BOGO" that is offered on the cruise planner to everyone?

If it's the latter, you've made a mistake ...

You cannot have both the 3 night package and the "BOGO" on the same sailing as both require you to dine on night #1

"Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant."

Not D+ BOGO. Problem solved maybe! Just got off the phone with C@A and the rep made changes. She moved the 3 night package to night 2, kept the first night Bistro package in place on night 1 in case the courtesy reservation for night 1 was not a restaurant of our choice. She said the first night reservations are just a courtesy and could be changed once onboard to any open dining time or restaurant included in the package. I hope once onboard they offer the UDP and we can put all the confusion behind. She also recommended we download the Royal app and make changes as soon as we board as the courtesy reservation will be on the app before cabins are open. Three phone calls, three different reps, three different outcomes. and still Loyal to Royal..

Thanks Bob

I didnt think they would but was wondering since the Freedom isn't the normal board by 2pm Muster 330p sailaway 4ish

with 830 sailaway

I wonder if that is for guests who have already checked in and then left the ship to spend some time in San Juan. It’s only these guests that Wundt be reading the compass.

• 3 weeks later...

When are you going ? I don't see this on my sailing.