LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

I wondered the same thing.

Think of a normal restaurant like McDs breakfast rush. Add in another 500 persons in line. Then someone taking orders as quickly as possible in what is probably not their first language.

I wouldn’t expect the person to know what category room 8660 or 11243 belongs to unless the phone shows room category. If the IT can’t get the website working, doubt the phones are much better other than showing room number and name of occupant.

At least the delivery person recognized the overcharge and removed it. That was good service.

• Like 1

First off, if you wish to eat in CK - book your dinner reservations by responding to the email you will receive from the concierge. You will receive written confirmation. You can always cancel a day if you decide to eat elsewhere but experience has shown me that reservations fill up once guests no longer have the BOGO option.

One Harmony cruise had 140 Pinnacle on board. Suite guests finally took seats at the dining tables much to the CK hostess’s unhappiness. Or you might find a nice seat if you show up by 3pm. Our Oasis cruise only had 35 Ps on board, reservation issues same as above but at least you could get a seat at 6pm.

You can and probably will enjoy yourself. Go in with lower expectations since you don’t appear to wear the badge. The staff may surprise you.

Yes, we had to go to the bar to order and carry our drinks back to the table or chair, good exercise. Most nights didn’t get a dessert or coffee, be persistent if interested or tell your waiter in advance if you run into a similar experience.

Staff was rushed off their feet and couldn’t provide service I receive on other cruise lines for a suite experience. HAL doesn’t have a suite dining room but they had, in my opinion, better MDR food than what was served in CK.

Snacks were the same as in DL and refilled on a pretty regular basis by a bartender.

Breakfast and lunch were never super busy.

When will I receive the email from concierge?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thought Andy. You mentioned calling at 7am for your MDR breakfast order. A gentle reminder, food ordered from the MDR menu is usually meant to be ordered during MDR open hours.

Suggest you do a write in on a suite breakfast order form and you just might get those bennies early.

Judy

One thought Andy. You mentioned calling at 7am for your MDR breakfast order. A gentle reminder, food ordered from the MDR menu is usually meant to be ordered during MDR open hours.

Suggest you do a write in on a suite breakfast order form and you just might get those bennies early.

Judy

We did not have any suite order forms in our GS on Oasis two weeks ago. I asked the concierge and was told that I should call room service or order on the tv. TV did not show MDR options, even during MDR open hours.

When will I receive the email from concierge?

About a week before - think Tuesday or Wednesday depending on Sat/Sun departure.

Concierge is busy first couple of days with current cruisers, then sends a global email once he gets the manifest for the next cruise. He then fields responses in between everything else.

Do be sure to check your spam because some say they don’t get it. Many mention I found it in my spam or say ‘oh, I didn’t check my spam folder’.

Judy

Judy

I asked first if the MDR was open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a picture of the nice Pinnacles that are currently on the Harmony September 19th. Get to know us.

I spoke to one of those Pinnacles in Coastal Kitchen on the September 2nd Oasis sailing.

In looking at this picture again and your profile picture, I think it was you my DH and I spoke to at lunch in CK on Oasis one day. Did you have a special pasta made by the chef and your companion thought it was too spicy?

Here's a picture of the nice Pinnacles that are currently on the Harmony September 19th. Get to know us.

Not interested at all really and haven’t appreciated some of the looks some of the people in this photo have given us and other families on this cruise or the way some have barked orders at the staff. I’m sure you’re all lovely people and I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Since I was one of the "snobs" you maligned on day one and you continue to reference that occasion, I feel I must respond. You claimed that you overheard us saying that Pinnacles should have their own bar. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you had heard the entire conversation you would have realized that we are staying on for the September 29 President's cruise and we were speculating what arrangements would be made for Pinnacle and Suites guests since the current estimate is that there will be 235 Pinnacles on board. Clearly, the bar on deck 17 won't be able to handle that crowd. So we were speculating that maybe a separate bar area would be set aside to accommodate the Pinnacles, A far cry from what you thought you heard and erroniously posted. Your eavesdropping skills need some work.

You accused my wife of rudely demanding a drink while the bar was still being set up. Again you are wrong. She merely asked what brands of Pinot Grigio were being stocked at the bar on this cruise. If this represnts rude behavior then I will stand corrected.

Then you carried on about the "silly pins" that the Pinnacles wear. In fact, the senior Officers and Management of Royal Caribbean ask that we wear our pins as often as we can. They are rightfully proud of the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Program. Many young cruisers upon being introduced to the program think that getting to the 700 cruise points required for Pinnacle status is an impossible dream. We current Pinnacles show that it's quite possible and hopefully encourage young cruisers to be loyal to Royal.

In most of your posts you go out of your way to deride the Pinnacles. Is it possible that you are envious because we get far more recognition from the Officers and Crew? In any event your posts have been a great source of entertainment and look forward to who or what you're going to complain about tomorrow.

Since I was one of the "snobs" you maligned on day one and you continue to reference that occasion, I feel I must respond. You claimed that you overheard us saying that Pinnacles should have their own bar. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you had heard the entire conversation you would have realized that we are staying on for the September 29 President's cruise and we were speculating what arrangements would be made for Pinnacle and Suites guests since the current estimate is that there will be 235 Pinnacles on board. Clearly, the bar on deck 17 won't be able to handle that crowd. So we were speculating that maybe a separate bar area would be set aside to accommodate the Pinnacles, A far cry from what you thought you heard and erroniously posted. Your eavesdropping skills need some work.

You accused my wife of rudely demanding a drink while the bar was still being set up. Again you are wrong. She merely asked what brands of Pinot Grigio were being stocked at the bar on this cruise. If this represnts rude behavior then I will stand corrected.

Then you carried on about the "silly pins" that the Pinnacles wear. In fact, the senior Officers and Management of Royal Caribbean ask that we wear our pins as often as we can. They are rightfully proud of the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Program. Many young cruisers upon being introduced to the program think that getting to the 700 cruise points required for Pinnacle status is an impossible dream. We current Pinnacles show that it's quite possible and hopefully encourage young cruisers to be loyal to Royal.

In most of your posts you go out of your way to deride the Pinnacles. Is it possible that you are envious because we get far more recognition from the Officers and Crew? In any event your posts have been a great source of entertainment and look forward to who or what you're going to complain about tomorrow.

I know what I heard and have seen. I have not identified anyone. You chose to identify yourself and revise your own comments and behavior to suit your narrative. There is a large family with several CL suites that have resorted to eating in the MDR because of some of the looks their boisterous kids received from some of the pinnacles. They felt they uncomfortable and unwelcome. We are not alone in how we’ve felt or what we’ve observed.

Nonetheless, I am sure you and your wife are wonderful people and I hope you two are enjoying your cruise and subsequent cruises. We are so envious.

Hi Andy, thanks for the entertaining review! Love waiting to see what is going to happen next!

Our last cruise was our third time in a suite and I really wanted to eat in the MDR on at least a couple of nights. Not because of P’s in the CK or the service, as the service that we received was great. But, I was tired of the CK menu and honestly some of the food in the MDR sounded better! Couldn’t convince my husband though.