No Sea Days!

blueshine

Just received a letter from Carnival for our upcoming cruise on the Fascination on November 4th that we will not be having any sea days. Super port intensive. Plus a nice price drop using early saver.

San Juan, PR - St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, Barbados - San Juan, PR

I did this exact same cruise in 2011. I get sea sick so that's why I picked it. It was AWESOME!! You can make it as intense or as laid back as you want. In St. Thomas we just spent the day on the beach. In St Lucia we booked a private resort and spent the day there. We did the train ride in St. Kitts and the rum factory tour in Barbados. Actually if you'd like you can read all about it in my review that's in my tag line. I haven't added any of my other reviews. That was an awesome cruise that we talk about every day since then. You'll enjoy it!

Jealous - would love to see Dominica. Wondering why they added it? But man, if you are doing shore excursions, that is going to be one expensive cruise. With 5 ports we are spending more on shore excursions than we ever have - including Alaska. Barbados is almost $600 for our family of 4 - granted it is a great all day excursion, but wow!

Just received a letter from Carnival for our upcoming cruise on the Fascination on November 4th that we will not be having any sea days. Super port intensive. Plus a nice price drop using early saver.

San Juan, PR - St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, Barbados - San Juan, PR

Jealous! That itinerary is available a few weeks after my trip but at the time of booking was priced much higher than the sailings that skip Dominica. Now they are almost the same price!

No port cruises are known as transatlantic crossings--i would love to do one but wife insists on ports sigh--happy wife happy life--so naturally we cruise port intensive cruises

You can get 4 sea days on the southern carribean 8 day itinerary.... happy middle ground lol

If one goes to the beach each day on an all port cruise, it is not tiring at all. I love a Caribbean or South Pacific beach, and like to note how they are so alike and different at the same time.

Now, going on all island tours or spelunking or ziplining every port can be exhausting!

Sounds great! When we cruise, we like to see as many places as possible! Otherwise just stay at once place and do an all inclusive. There is always time to relax at port or for those who don't like an intense itinerary, they can just stay on the ship which will be less crowded than during a sea day. Good for you!

My favorite cruise ever is when the victory and valor were running this route years ago, we did the same exact cruise 2 years in a row for spring break we loved it so much!! Our favorite island was Dominica, we visited these hot springs up in the hills and it was fabulous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would LOVE that!!! I know that a few cruises during April - September 2018 had the 6 port itinerary with Dominica instead of the sea day and we were considering booking, but that was before the hurricane's hit so we held off. We did the itinerary out of San Juan, twice fairly recently (Valor 2013; Liberty 2015) and it is our favorite, but would loved to have and Dominica instead of the sea day. I think when Victory did this itinerary, they were doing 6 ports/no sea days for a period of time but we weren't able to work a cruise in at that time. As a lover of port days, I already know I'm in the minority here, but glad that Carnival at least offers one cruise with a very port heavy itinerary for those of us port lovers.

I wish Carnival would offer a better ship out of San Juan. I would love an itinerary with no sea days but I also refuse to cruise unless I can book a balcony. San Juan is my favorite port because of the itineraries but we have not sailed out of there since they did the ship shuffle.