PRAISE and GRATITUDE to Royal Caribbean for having lifeguards at their pools!!

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines has always been my favorite cruise line, and to know they now have lifeguards present at their pools makes my heart really happy :D It's the only cruise line (that I know of anyway) that does!

So...I just want to say "Thank You So Much" Royal Caribbean!! :D

Nice follow up to a positive original post.................... Sounds like a very sad outlook on life.

My statement has to do with other’s poor parenting and parental negligence which caused drownings and the need for life guards in the first place.

It has nothing to do with my outlook on life. Lol. I Iove my life and I love my kids and never take my eyes off them when they are in the water. Sadly I’ve had to help out a little kid in trouble in the water with no parent to even be found. I later saw the kid run up to them at the pool bar. It is quite frankly disturbing.

The parents are ultimately responsible. Having said that, some parents aren't 100% responsible, especially on a cruise. A crowded pool deck, alcohol, squirmy kids and a lot of distractions doesn't help the situation.

It really should have been done from the start. RCCL was saving the cost, with the known risks. I'm happy to see the lifeguards now as well, even if it means my cruise fare went up a little bit. I'm not perfect, and no parents are. (I'm not making excuses) If having lifeguards onboard saves just one person from drowning, I'm totally fine with the extra cost. Just my opinion though.

Lifeguards are at public pools and beaches for the same reason. People do stupid things unfortunately.

Disney World has now done the same. They now have lifeguards at ALL resort pools, and don't allow "swim at your own risk" times. Unfortunately, this is after tragic drownings of children.

Dan

My statement has to do with other’s poor parenting and parental negligence which caused drownings and the need for life guards in the first place.

It has nothing to do with my outlook on life. Lol. I Iove my life and I love my kids and never take my eyes off them when they are in the water. Sadly I’ve had to help out a little kid in trouble in the water with no parent to even be found. I later saw the kid run up to them at the pool bar. It is quite frankly disturbing.

Well, right now I am in the mood to thank people for being nice, and kind and respectful. Too much negativity in the world right now. I am a former great lakes life guard and my oldest son worked at America's Largest Waterpark two summers. Yes, there are poor parents, and there are still accidents that happen to good parents. To this day (and I haven't been a paid guard in 36 years) I still watch the water and yell at kids to "WALK" on the pool deck ;p

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines has always been my favorite cruise line, and to know they now have lifeguards present at their pools makes my heart really happy :D It's the only cruise line (that I know of anyway) that does!

How dare you post such positive thoughts! ;) :D

Sadly however, the negative comments will outweigh. Too many Cruise Critic members think lifeguards only save the lives of children. Now sit back & watch them drown themselves in the typical narrow minded babysitter debate.

#StayPositive

Not the only cruise line to have lifeguards. Disney was first, followed by Royal on all ships, and NCL on their 4 largest ships.

How dare you post such positive thoughts! ;) :D

Sadly however, the negative comments will outweigh. Too many Cruise Critic members think lifeguards only save the lives of children. Now sit back & watch them drown themselves in the typical narrow minded babysitter debate.

#StayPositive

Don’t twist comments which are based on reality. No one critised the OP for this post. I simply stated that it is sad some parents are amazingly so negligent. This wasn’t a criticism of her comment.

But since you have tried to spin it as such let’s just consider something. Royal only put in lifeguards after enough drownings happened and they were sued. This wasnt a proactive move deserving of a “thank you, it warms my heart.” It was a reactionary move they felt they had to make as the economic equation changed for them. The response should really be “about dang time.” They aren’t the only line that has them and they weren’t the first. I’m Glad they have them but they don’t deserve a thank you for it. They took way too long to do it if you think life guards are as important as the OP seems to feel.

My view here isn’t positive or negative. It is just reality.

Don’t twist comments which are based on reality. No one critised the OP for this post. I simply stated that it is sad some parents are amazingly so negligent. This wasn’t a criticism of her comment.

But since you have tried to spin it as such let’s just consider something. Royal only put in lifeguards after enough drownings happened and they were sued. This wasnt a proactive move deserving of a “thank you, it warms my heart.” It was a reactionary move they felt they had to make as the economic equation changed for them. The response should really be “about dang time.” They aren’t the only line that has them and they weren’t the first. I’m Glad they have them but they don’t deserve a thank you for it. They took way too long to do it if you think life guards are as important as the OP seems to feel.

My view here isn’t positive or negative. It is just reality.

I believe a child drowned on DCL because his parents lost sight of him and didn’t find him in time. I’m very pro water safety, having a pool, my kids got year round swim lessons from three until they mastered their strokes. All ended up at the bottom of the pool at some point, for the grace of God they were always in someone’s sight. I rescued a four year old who just walked into the pool and went under, his mom went to her nearby table for sunscreen, it was pool club opening day, apparently he was terrified of the water the summer before, she never suspected he’d go in. I’m very in favor of life guards, even at the beach, I watch my kids, but we still stay right in front of the guards (watching five can be nerve racking).

I believe a child drowned on DCL because his parents lost sight of him and didn’t find him in time. I’m very pro water safety, having a pool, my kids got year round swim lessons from three until they mastered their strokes. All ended up at the bottom of the pool at some point, for the grace of God they were always in someone’s sight. I rescued a four year old who just walked into the pool and went under, his mom went to her nearby table for sunscreen, it was pool club opening day, apparently he was terrified of the water the summer before, she never suspected he’d go in. I’m very in favor of life guards, even at the beach, I watch my kids, but we still stay right in front of the guards (watching five can be nerve racking).

This is why they waited way too long to have the life guards. They only did it after basically being forced to economically and from a PR perspective. The credit should actually go to Disney for being the industry leader on this. That is just the reality of the situation.

Nice follow up to a positive original post.................... Sounds like a very sad outlook on life.

you do realize the reason Royal had to hire lifeguards is because a few kids drowned, right... while their parents were oblivious to the fact that their offspring were in distress. including one parent who was supposedly in the same pool at the time.

a cost that has to be recouped somewhere.. by higher prices on board that everyone must now cover.

you do realize the reason Royal had to hire lifeguards is because a few kids drowned, right... while their parents were oblivious to the fact that their offspring were in distress. including one parent who was supposedly in the same pool at the time.

a cost that has to be recouped somewhere.. by higher prices on board that everyone must now cover.

It must be tough going through life with such a bitter take on things.

I do realize that someone posted a simple comment that it was nice RCCL put lifeguards in place. And it was followed up by ridiculous comments about parenting. Which obviously continue and have been expanded to include more unrelated drivel about the cost of cruising......:rolleyes:

It must be tough going through life with such a bitter take on things.

I do realize that someone posted a simple comment that it was nice RCCL put lifeguards in place. And it was followed up by ridiculous comments about parenting. Which obviously continue and have been expanded to include more unrelated drivel about the cost of cruising......:rolleyes:

Why is reality a bitter take? It seems perfectly normal that in a conversation starting with the idea of thanking royal for life guards ends up with others pointing out they were late to the game and only did it because people died and they were sued. Royal didn’t do it to be nice. It is quite the opposite. Just because people know better and point out they don’t deserve praise for this doesn’t make them bitter.

Not everyone needs to see warm and fuzzy nonsense to still be happy. A person can be informed and bliss at the same time you know.

I’m glad they have life guards now and could care less about the extra 10 cents per week per passenger (or whatever it costs). But make no mistake, they didn’t have them before to save a small amount of money. This isn’t a bitter take. It is reality.

I am thankful for all cruise lines who let me and other adults still swim in a tiny pool without beeing watched continuously by a life guard! Thank you e.g. TUI cruises, Cunard, P&O and Celebrity!

I also suggest to have safety guards at all staircases and railings just to feel safer. You never know what could happen..

I am thankful for all cruise lines who let me and other adults still swim in a tiny pool without beeing watched continuously by a life guard! Thank you e.g. TUI cruises, Cunard, P&O and Celebrity!

I also suggest to have safety guards at all staircases and railings just to feel safer. You never know what could happen..

Bitter police in 1.....2.....3