Carnival all you can drink card (alcohol)?

jonniesgurl

I was at a networking party last night and one of the people I met said that Carnival has a $100 all you can drink card! Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? I know there is a DOD card and drink coupons but I have never ever heard of anything like this, has anyone else?

I was at a networking party last night and one of the people I met said that Carnival has a $100 all you can drink card! Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? I know there is a DOD card and drink coupons but I have never ever heard of anything like this, has anyone else?

I think who ever told you that may have had one too many themselves!! :D While there is some kind of group rate for open bar for a set event, there's no "all you can drink" card like a soda card... but that sure would be fun!! LOL!!!

I have an all you can drink card for my next cruise. It is not just a card you can buy. You have to be sailing with a large group and everyone in the group must buy the card. We do have someone (over 21) traveling with us that has some disabilities and doesn't drink. We had to get documentation from her doctor to allow her to buy a soda card instead of the drink card.

I believe our cost was an additional $35 a day.

Actually, I think there is such a card but it's only available to groups and the entire group must purchase it. I believe it allows you to drink all week, not just for a specific event but it also may be more than $100.00. I'm sure someone who knows the details will post them.

I think who ever told you that may have had one too many themselves!! :D While there is some kind of group rate for open bar for a set event, there's no "all you can drink" card like a soda card... but that sure would be fun!! LOL!!!

But there is such an animal. That's my next cruise. I will have a card that will allow my unlimited drinks all beverages up to $7.95. I'll get my money's worth but not sure about my beer drinking hubby.

Such a card does exist, BUT it is not available to the general public. It is done with groups and every member of the group has to purchase the card, and only certain drinks are covered. In other words, you can get it but you can't.

The other poster is right. I also noticed that the drinks they servr are weak. I do wine or Beer if I want any kind of a buzz.

Just my observation.

Mine are never weak, but unless they water the scotch down, a shot on the rock is hard to make weak! :D

I cruise with a group that's doing an all inclusive in 2011. It's a 5 night cruise and the all you can drink card is $275. My hubby and I hardy drink at all so we're not going. Everyone has to pay the same price and for some it will save them money as they are heavy drinkers. The group needs to be booked this way from the start.

Ok so here is the official word from Carnival regarding the "open bar card"! There is such a thing and everyone is correct, it is only for group bookings. Normally it is for at least 30 people but they said sometimes they make exceptions. It is around $55 a day and it covers everything with no limits as far as price or certain beverages it can not be used for. So word to the wise get with some of these cruise critic members and start planning a group cruise for the future! It definately has it's perks booking as a group!

.... It is around $55 a day and it covers everything with no limits as far as price or certain beverages it can not be used for. So word to the wise get with some of these cruise critic members and start planning a group cruise for the future! It definately has it's perks booking as a group!

Not really that much of a perk.

Unless you drink at least 7 drinks per day, every day, you don't even break even. That includes port days, where you might not even be on the ship much before dinner time.

Basically if cost is really an issue, buying a set of Rum Runners is still your best bet.

Unless you drink at least 7 drinks per day, every day, you don't even break even. That includes port days, where you might not even be on the ship much before dinner time.

Basically if cost is really an issue, buying a set of Rum Runners is still your best bet.

Or ordering bar set-up like we did... at $40 for a 1 litre bottle of rum, it's a pretty good deal!!

Or ordering bar set-up like we did... at $40 for a 1 litre bottle of rum, it's a pretty good deal!!

Na, no bar set ups for me.. I like saying "I'll have a Miami Vice". A bar set up would be too much like being at home.

Ok so here is the official word from Carnival regarding the "open bar card"! There is such a thing and everyone is correct, it is only for group bookings. Normally it is for at least 30 people but they said sometimes they make exceptions. It is around $55 a day and it covers everything with no limits as far as price or certain beverages it can not be used for. So word to the wise get with some of these cruise critic members and start planning a group cruise for the future! It definately has it's perks booking as a group!

our card was not that high but it only covers drinks up to $7.95

I'm not a big drinker.. but 7 drinks in one day when I'm cruising that is a drop in the bucket. And I never have been tipsy on a cruise.

Generally cause I'm on vacation and living the good life I'll have my first drink around 10 am while we are playing some type of trivia. Another with lunch around 12:30. Afternoon relaxing with a book probably two more. I'll take one back to the room while I dress for dinner. I'll have one while we are waiting for dinner and one with dinner. Probably two during the show and maybe another two after the show.

On my bar card cruise we have four sea days and 3 less than wonderful ports. I'm sure I will get my $245 worth of drinks and never tilt the wrong way.

our card was not that high but it only covers drinks up to $7.95

The bad part is that most drinks onboard now cost over $7.95 - beer, wine, or 1 liquor highballs are about all that you can get for that any more.

Most other stuff is now running between 8.00 and up. LITs are 9.50 and martinis the same or even higher for some. By the time gratuity is added you are looking at almost a $12 drink. :eek:

The bad part is that most drinks onboard now cost over $7.95 - beer, wine, or 1 liquor highballs are about all that you can get for that any more.

Most other stuff is now running between 8.00 and up. LITs are 9.50 and martinis the same or even higher for some. By the time gratuity is added you are looking at almost a $12 drink. :eek:

What are LITS? I'm a frozen drink girl and I'm pretty sure all my favorites are under $7.95. That is the drink cost only. The tips are included though we always tip a dollar or two a round and will do the same with the card.

I really doubt it. Cruise lines make their profits on the extras, especially the booze. An "all you can drink" card would not be a money maker. But hey, someone prove me wrong (before August 26th!!!)

PittsburghGirlie,

Try your local TAs. There's a TA in Scranton that runs an all inclusive every Sept. This year's is on the Miracle, 9-13 to 21 to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola. Right now all that's left are suites.

The brochure states:

ANNUAL DRINKS INCLUDED CRUISE

Special Feature - Carnival Brand drinks, along with beer, house wine & soda!

I checked the rates for a friend of mine that is going and it was about $200 more for the all-inclusive.

Sorry, but I guess I can't state the TA on here, but if we have this in Scranton, they must have it in civilized cities also. :D

I wish this were true, I would take Carnival to the cleaners if i could drink all the alcohol i want for $100!:D

Edited by walterandperry