Pacific Jewel - Free Laundry for Mini-Suites?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:59 PM.
#1
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I seem to remember reading about free laundry for pax who have booked a suite. Does that also apply to mini-suites on Pacific Jewel?

Apart from priority check-in, are there any other perks for these mini-suites?

TIA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .
#2
Sydney, Australia
1,644 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by boeckli
I seem to remember reading about free laundry for pax who have booked a suite. Does that also apply to mini-suites on Pacific Jewel?

Apart from priority check-in, are there any other perks for these mini-suites?

TIA
Unfortunately you will get charged for laundry. Not many perks really apart from the boarding - which does work well as does the priority disembarkation! We did get canapes on formal nights and petit fours after dinner also from memory. Much the same as the ones served at welcome cocktail parties - a better selection and OK to munch while "dressing for dinner!". And a glass of welcome to the ship chanpagne on arrival. Nice flowers and fruit and comodious bathrobes. A really good walk in closet! Long but narrow balcony, light and bright stateroom. You are really paying for the extra space which is nice. Need to go up a step to a full suite to get the real perks!
#3
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by cjm66
Unfortunately you will get charged for laundry. Not many perks really apart from the boarding - which does work well as does the priority disembarkation! We did get canapes on formal nights and petit fours after dinner also from memory. Much the same as the ones served at welcome cocktail parties - a better selection and OK to munch while "dressing for dinner!". And a glass of welcome to the ship chanpagne on arrival. Nice flowers and fruit and comodious bathrobes. A really good walk in closet! Long but narrow balcony, light and bright stateroom. You are really paying for the extra space which is nice. Need to go up a step to a full suite to get the real perks!

Thanks for the info, Colleen.
I know what you mean about the full suite thing, but I think if the ship does not have any, they should afford mini-suite pax the higher perks

BTW, are you (still) enjoying your HX9V as much as I do mine? Looking forward to lots more photo ops on this cruise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .
#4
Sydney, Australia
1,644 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by boeckli
Thanks for the info, Colleen.
I know what you mean about the full suite thing, but I think if the ship does not have any, they should afford mini-suite pax the higher perks

BTW, are you (still) enjoying your HX9V as much as I do mine? Looking forward to lots more photo ops on this cruise
Yes It is excellent for low light and video as well as the street scene with people and landscape photos I tend to go for while on holiday. Love the close up focussing. - I am up early (for a Sunday) to do a photography walk around the Rocks. The only thing we did not like about the minis on the Jewel was the outward opening balcony door - prefer sliding as on Princess. I have some mini suite photos if you want to see them - will put them up on photobucket.

Colleen
#5
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by cjm66
Yes It is excellent for low light and video as well as the street scene with people and landscape photos I tend to go for while on holiday. Love the close up focussing. - I am up early (for a Sunday) to do a photography walk around the Rocks. The only thing we did not like about the minis on the Jewel was the outward opening balcony door - prefer sliding as on Princess. I have some mini suite photos if you want to see them - will put them up on photobucket.

Colleen
We prefer sliding doors as well, worst of the outward openers we had was on Celebrity Mercury, it was so tight, it was outright dangerous.

Would love to see some mini suite photos, thanks. If you don't want to post a link on here, you can email me - my screen name at g mail d o t c o m
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .
#6
Brisbane QLD the best place to live in Australia
1,592 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by boeckli
I seem to remember reading about free laundry for pax who have booked a suite. Does that also apply to mini-suites on Pacific Jewel?

Apart from priority check-in, are there any other perks for these mini-suites?

TIA
Exclusive mini-suite~
amenities
• Priority check-in and disembarkation
• Welcome glass of sparkling wine
• Bathrobe and slippers
• Pillow concierge
• Fresh flowers and fresh fruit
• Canapés on cocktail nights
• Complimentary shoe shine
• Daily satellite newspaper
• On cocktail nights a 'sweet dreams'
surprise is delivered to your cabin

Exclusive suite amenities•
• All the facilities of the mini-suites, plus...
• Invitation to Senior Officers' private
cocktail party
• Preferred dining arrangements
• Preferred spa and tour arrangements
• Fully loaded iPod music system
• Nespresso coffee machine
• Glass of wine on cocktail nights
• Complimentary laundry service,
bottled water and room service
• Afternoon tea service in suite
plus Preferred dinning room bookings,
free shoe shine or cleaning.

I do thing they worth it on longer cruises ( more then 7nights)
Pacific Dawn it there only ship with Suites.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Love Thied







Great cruise we have booked

Great cruises we have been on
Qld 7 nights Pacific Star Pacific Islands
7 nights Pacific sun 2008.
Pacific Islands Fiji 12 nights 2009
Pacific Dawn 2009.
NZ Diamond Princess 2009.
7 nights Celebrity Summit 2009.
NZ 14 nights Pacific Dawn 2010
Pacific Islands 7 nights Pacific Dawn 2010
Pacific Islands7 nights Pacific Dawn 12 jun 2010.
Pacific Dawn White Cloud Wonders Wellington to Brisbane part cruise on cruise W108.
Pacific Dawn 12 nights 09/04/2011.
Pacific Dawn 7 nights 04/06/2011
Pacific Dawn 9 nights 03/09/2011
Ocean Princess 11 nights 17/12/2011 from papeete.
Sun Princess nz 16/02/2012 from Brisbane.
Pacific Sun 19/03/2012 our last cruise on the old
Pacific Dawn 09/04/2012
LADY before she departs from P&O Australia
Pacific Dawn 01/05/2012 11 nights pacific
Pacific Dawn 04/09/2012
Pacific Pearl 28/2/2013
Pacific Dawn 30/04/2013
Pacific Dawn 03/08/2013
Pacific Dawn PNG Cruise 31/10/2013
28/12/2013 Pacific Pearl 12 nights
some of the great islands and places we have been to
Port vila, mystery island, Suva, savu savu, island of pines, penticost island, lifou, Auckland, Milford Sound, Tauranga, Akaroa,Dunedin,Wellington,
Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, Civitavecchia , Naples
8000 club heading to 10000 club
#7
Sydney, Australia
1,644 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by boeckli
We prefer sliding doors as well, worst of the outward openers we had was on Celebrity Mercury, it was so tight, it was outright dangerous.

Would love to see some mini suite photos, thanks. If you don't want to post a link on here, you can email me - my screen name at g mail d o t c o m
http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...0Mini%20Suite/

No bathroom or closet photos - but both are fine - especially the really walk in closet - the bathroom and closet provide a really effective sound barrier between the bed and corridoor / lift noise. We prefer to be near the lift and stairs. Colleen
#8
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by cjm66
http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...0Mini%20Suite/

No bathroom or closet photos - but both are fine - especially the really walk in closet - the bathroom and closet provide a really effective sound barrier between the bed and corridoor / lift noise. We prefer to be near the lift and stairs. Colleen
Thank you, Colleen for uploading the cabin photos. Really looks bright and spacious. I understand what you mean about the narrow balcony though. Walk in closet sounds good.
We're in between the two sets of lifts and stairs, so should have no problems with noise.

Also looked at your Wala and Champagne Bay photos - good to get some idea of these places. Any mobility problems once on the islands (DH may take his rollator ashore, although he does not use it all the time)?

Ursula
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .
#9
Sydney, Australia
1,644 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by boeckli
Thank you, Colleen for uploading the cabin photos. Really looks bright and spacious. I understand what you mean about the narrow balcony though. Walk in closet sounds good.
We're in between the two sets of lifts and stairs, so should have no problems with noise.

Also looked at your Wala and Champagne Bay photos - good to get some idea of these places. Any mobility problems once on the islands (DH may take his rollator ashore, although he does not use it all the time)?

Ursula
Try this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644699 It is about accessability etc on Wala and Champagne Bay - My comments among the others - basically both are OK provided you are not motorised or electric wheelchair dependant and are not planning to go beach strolling or bush walking. Stick to the grassy and well trodden paths. Colleen
#10
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by cjm66
Try this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644699 It is about accessability etc on Wala and Champagne Bay - My comments among the others - basically both are OK provided you are not motorised or electric wheelchair dependant and are not planning to go beach strolling or bush walking. Stick to the grassy and well trodden paths. Colleen
Thanks, Colleen.

Two more questions please about the mini-suites ...

Are there coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin?

Seeing we will have three tender ports, do you get priority tender tickets?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .
#11
Central Coast Australia
3,505 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by boeckli
Thanks, Colleen.

Two more questions please about the mini-suites ...

Are there coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin?

Seeing we will have three tender ports, do you get priority tender tickets?

No tea and coffee making facilities and there are no priority tender tickets.

Cheers
Di
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pinnacle Club
Email: ibackallblacks@gmail.com

Where Next:
Radiance of the Seas - 13 December 2017 - Hobart, Adelaide, Melbourne - 9 nights b2b
Radiance of the Seas - 22 December 2017 - Christmas/NYE - NZ - 12 nights
Ovation of the Seas - 26 March 2018 - Sydney to Singapore - 14 nights b2b with
Mariner of the Seas - 9 April 2018 - Singapore to Dubai - 13 nights b2b with
Mariner of the Seas - 22 April 2018 - Dubai to Barcelona - 15 nights

Carnival Horizon - 9 May 2018 - Trans Atlantic Barcelona to New York - 14 nights
Radiance of the Seas - 17 September 2018 - Honolulu to Sydney - 19 nights
Radiance of the Seas - 11 December 2018 - NZ - 10 nights b2b with
Radiance of the Seas - 21 December 2018 - Christmas/NYE - Pacific Islands 12 nights
Radiance of the Seas - 24 January 2019 - New Zealand 10 nights
Radiance of the Seas - 5 March 2019 - New Zealand 10 nights
Radiance of the Seas - 4 April 2019 - South Pacific 10 nights b2b with
Radiance of the Seas - 14 April 2019 - Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney 4 nights b2b with
Radiance of the Seas - 18 April 2019 - Sydney to Honolulu - 18 nights




#12
Sydney, Australia
1,644 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Dizziedi
No tea and coffee making facilities and there are no priority tender tickets.

Cheers
Di
Ursula - The only way to get priority tendering on the Jewel is to book an AM ships tour - not usually an option at the three ports on your itinerary. We did this in Denarau and it worked a treat! The shore excursion desk was particularly helpful on our cruise and it is worth visiting them to discuss using the "back of house" lift to get down to the lower level tender dock - saves standing on stairs. They will do this for people with mobility aids - as much for OHS reasons as for our convenience. Cheers Colleen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Colleen and Harry

Past Cruises
Princess (Pacific, Sun and Dawn) to Pacific, Fiji and New Guinea.
Statendam and Sun Princess to New Zealand.
P&O to Fiji.
Oosterdam - Solar Eclipse Cruise 2012.
#13
Sydney, Australia
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Thank you all for the informative and helpful replies
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius ...............
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for" - John A. Shedd

Completed cruises (links to albums underlined):

SuperStar Virgo ..... (02/2001, 02/2002, 03/2003, 04/2003, 08/2004, 06/2006, 10/2008, 02/2011)
Pacific Princess ...... (11/2002, 01/2006) ...................... SuperStar Gemini .. (08/2007)
Norwegian Dawn ...... (10/2007 - 21 nts, 11/2009 - 28 nts) .......... Celebrity Mercury .(02/2008 - 29 nts)
Sun Princess ............ (06/2008, 07/2015) .................... Dawn Princess ........ (03/2009 - 42 nts)
Norwegian Epic ....... (07/2010 - 14 nts, 08/2011) ...... Queen Mary 2 ....... (08/2010)
Norwegian Sun ........ (07/2011) ....................................... Pacific Jewel .......... (07/2012)
Celebrity Solstice .. (11/2012, 10/2013, 12/2013) .... Diamond Princess . (02/2013, 02/2014)
Radiance OTS .......... (10/2014) ..................................... Voyager OTS ......... (02/2015, 10/2015)
Explorer OTS ......... (02/2016)
Additional albums: Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 2 ... Dawn Princess 03/2009 Pt 3 ... Norwegian Dawn 11/2009 Pt 2 ... Norwegian Sun 07/2011 Pt 2 ...Looking forward to: .