toy lending on RC

Akitkat118

shout out to anyone sailing royal caribbean soon... please report back and let us know if there is still a toy lending program, esp. with the recent end to the fisher price program! and if there are still toys in the nursery/adventure ocean/etc.

We just embarked on the Oasis today. We were able to get a nice bag of clean fisher price toys for our infant. They will still continue the lending program but they are not promoting it. You can only get the lending toys if you ask for them.

We just embarked on the Oasis today. We were able to get a nice bag of clean fisher price toys for our infant. They will still continue the lending program but they are not promoting it. You can only get the lending toys if you ask for them.

Thanks so much for reporting back! I'm so glad they're continuing the toy lending! Hope you have a great cruise! If you have time after your cruise let us know how it was :-)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thank you!! We are on AOS in March and hope the toys are still available then. Though it doesn't take much to keep my 14 month old entertained. Things that aren't "toys" are usually bigger hits anyway. :)

Oh bummer! I didn't realize they are no longer working with Fisher Price, either. Please come back and let us know how the toy exchange works & anything else of note. We sail 2 weeks from Sunday. :o

I'm hoping they still have the Fisher Price race track to CoCo Cay too but I kind of doubt it. I'll let you know if we get to stop there.

Found this:

http://www.******************.com/2013/12/28/royal-caribbean-end-partnership-fisher-price

The ending of this deal doesn't mean the end of Fisher Price onboard. Rather, Royal Caribbean will augment the Fisher Price toys with toys from other brands as well.

A statement from Royal Caribbean summarizes the change, "As of January 1, 2014, Fisher Price will no longer be the official partner of the Nursery or our Babies and Tots program. Our guest may still find Fisher Price product onboard but it will be complimented by various other brands."

Royal Caribbean will discontinue the following programs as a result of the end of the deal.

Fisher Price Playgroups

Royal Babies & Tots Nursery Décor

Fisher Price Curriculum

Little People Birthday Party

Hot Wheels Race Track on CocoCay

Dining Room Kid's Menus

Fisher Price Toys in Adventure Ocean

Décor on Labadee and CocoCay

In-stateroom television content

Toy Lending Program​

Guest with kids under 3 years old will still be able to enjoy the following experiences to compliment their family cruising experience:

Adventure Art for Tots

Maritime Music (on select ships)

Royal Bedtime Stories

I hope this is true - a major part of our 'packing light' strategy. :o

Found this:

http://www.******************.com/2013/12/28/royal-caribbean-end-partnership-fisher-price

The ending of this deal doesn't mean the end of Fisher Price onboard. Rather, Royal Caribbean will augment the Fisher Price toys with toys from other brands as well.

A statement from Royal Caribbean summarizes the change, "As of January 1, 2014, Fisher Price will no longer be the official partner of the Nursery or our Babies and Tots program. Our guest may still find Fisher Price product onboard but it will be complimented by various other brands."

Royal Caribbean will discontinue the following programs as a result of the end of the deal.

Fisher Price Playgroups

Royal Babies & Tots Nursery Décor

Fisher Price Curriculum

Little People Birthday Party

Hot Wheels Race Track on CocoCay

Dining Room Kid's Menus

Fisher Price Toys in Adventure Ocean

Décor on Labadee and CocoCay

In-stateroom television content

Toy Lending Program​

Guest with kids under 3 years old will still be able to enjoy the following experiences to compliment their family cruising experience:

Adventure Art for Tots

Maritime Music (on select ships)

Royal Bedtime Stories

Wow...I had no idea of the involvement Fisher Price had with RCI..."Dining Room Kids Menu" :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!! We are on AOS in March and hope the toys are still available then. Though it doesn't take much to keep my 14 month old entertained. Things that aren't "toys" are usually bigger hits anyway. :)

We will be on AOS in March too. The 9th sailing, and you?

They have them in the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. There is a binder of options and you can check out a bag of your choice, I think there were 9 options. Ours had a little piano, a fisher price wallet, a musical stacking toy and some drums (the "music" set). It was great for our little one so we kept it all week. You could exchange it though, if you wanted and others were not lent out. They were due back at 10 pm on the last night. It comes in a blue mesh bag and there is a laminated picture of the contents so you can make sure you aren't missing pieces.

No racetrack at CocoCay though they did have an Adventure Ocean drop-off point "Where the racetrack used to be"

There are still some Fisher Price type things - little people on the walls, some little people activity books/menus/etc.

Our kids (19 mos and 4 years) had a wonderful time in the kids club. They were great.

Where did you get them at?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk