It looks like Carnival changed the beverage policy again!

jebneb65

Can anyone confirm this?

Is it possible that they just have not updated their info prior to the last change?

I checked the website over the weekend and the beverage policy had been updated to state NO beverages were permitted, alcoholic or non-alcoholic with the exception of one bottle of wine or champagne. Tonight the website's beverage policy has been changed back to the former statement.

But it is still the new policy on the 'ticket contract" scroll down to (6-F)

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

(f). Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation.

How confusing is this?

I can't believe that Carnival refuses to allow you to bring back duty free liquor to the ship as long as they hold it to the last day. The merchants on shore would be up in arms.

Why? First off, the merchants probably know. Having a shopowner "up in arms" would matter littel to Carnival. Its there ship and there rules. the merchant does not determine who drinks what on Carnival ships. Second is the fact that Carnival sells drinks and probably does not want to lose revenue from all its passengers bringing there own. They are in busines to make money and this move does not surprise me. I am not crazy about it, but it is not surprising.

I can't believe that Carnival refuses to allow you to bring back duty free liquor to the ship as long as they hold it to the last day. The merchants on shore would be up in arms.

Why? That has always been the policy.

This has been Carnival's policy for years now. The merchants really don't care much what happens to the alcohol once they've sold it and have their money. They're just grateful for the sale!!!!:cool:

This has been Carnival's policy for years now. The merchants really don't care much what happens to the alcohol once they've sold it and have their money. They're just grateful for the sale!!!!:cool:

There was a post just the other day about Costa Maya (I think) and leather whips (seriously) and merchants knowingly selling them even though they wouldn't be allowed onboard. I imagine the mentality would be the same if the cruiselines started refusing to allow any liquor be brought back onboard.

When we booked the Celebration for 4/16/07 just last Friday, the Carnival Rep made a point of telling us that any non alcoholic beverages would be confiscated. I guess we'll have to see if they totally rescend the new policy.

There was a post just the other day about Costa Maya (I think) and leather whips (seriously) and merchants knowingly selling them even though they wouldn't be allowed onboard. I imagine the mentality would be the same if the cruiselines started refusing to allow any liquor be brought back onboard.

My sons both collected swords for a while. (They were over 21 at the time, not little kids.) We bought them two LONG swords in San Juan. They were wrapped really good for traveling in our suitcase the security on the ship HELD them for us until we were actually walking off the ship :) I had no problem with this. It made me laugh.

For years, we have taken 2 - 12 packs of soda and sometimes 1 - 6 pack of water for our family of four.

It has never been a problem and I do not expect it to be one in the future.

New policy, old policy, rumors, non rumors, I'm taking what I want, and forget about all the postings on this issue, PERIOD.

WELL SAID!!!! I'm tired of this as well! It's just a scare tactic used by carnival. If they could even get a few people to stop bringing the stuff onboard, it means more revenue for them! In the end, the people that bring on all the beverages they want will get right through and the people who are too scared to do it will be kickin themselves when they see others gettin through no prob!

WELL SAID!!!! I'm tired of this as well! It's just a scare tactic used by carnival. If they could even get a few people to stop bringing the stuff onboard, it means more revenue for them! In the end, the people that bring on all the beverages they want will get right through and the people who are too scared to do it will be kickin themselves when they see others gettin through no prob!

I just got off of a cruise last week. I did not and will not smuggle..what a pain in the ass. I am certain people brought plenty through. I had a large bar tab, did not care and will do the exact same thing next time. I just do not want to be carting a bunch of crap around, mixing my own drinks, etc. I carried clothes, cameras, a clock...I do not wish to start carrying beer, vodka, water, soda, etc.

I would rather buy my drinks and not mess with it.

I just got off of a cruise last week. I did not and will not smuggle..what a pain in the ass. I am certain people brought plenty through. I had a large bar tab, did not care and will do the exact same thing next time. I just do not want to be carting a bunch of crap around, mixing my own drinks, etc. I carried clothes, cameras, a clock...I do not wish to start carrying beer, vodka, water, soda, etc.

I myself do not carry on soda/water... the water they have on the ship is just fine and soda i rarely drink anyways! So for those that bring that on, I really can't understand. If someone drinks that much soda, then buying a soda card prob will suit them. I like to mix some drinks in the cabin so a bottle of alcohol always comes with me... If I need juice/soda to mix it with, I will just use what's in the room or order room service. It's that simple. I'm not the type that will go back to the cabin everytime I need a refill LOL... thats just crazy But if I could possibly cut my bar tab in half why not?!?! More $$ for me to spend on excursions :D

To me, smuggling is just the opposite. I find it a pain to either have to walk to the bar or order from room service when I want a drink on my balcony. I want it, I make it, I drink it.

Now when out and about the ship, I buy what the ship offers. No way I'm walking back to my room just to get a drink. We drank a little less than 1/2 of what we brought. My S&S was still around 1,000 for the week.

So regardless of what some want to say here (cheapskate, criminal...whatever), I smuggle as a matter of convenience to me. It's my vacation, my smuggling hurts nobody, and Carnival still gets a fair profit.

Archived