booking clamshell

Lil Eng

Can someone please advise me how to reserve a clamshell online for GSC. I've never been on NCL before and I'm trying to figure out all the ins and outs. So far I was able to book my excursions and a restaurant but I cannot find on their site any info on booking the clamshell. Thanks for all who are kind enough to reply.

Can someone please advise me how to reserve a clamshell online for GSC. I've never been on NCL before and I'm trying to figure out all the ins and outs. So far I was able to book my excursions and a restaurant but I cannot find on their site any info on booking the clamshell. Thanks for all who are kind enough to reply.

You need to do it onboard or when you get to the Island.

Do it at the shore excursion desk as soon as you can when you board the ship. Otherwise, you may not get one because they do sell out. We booked ours the first day on our last cruise. Some people we met tried to get one the next day and couldn't....they were all gone.

I'll give you a little secret not many know.

There was a small kiosk on the Jewel and when we boarded, the shore excursion desk was closed. We were able to reserve the clam shell at the kiosk.

I don't know if the Gem has one, but it is usually a couple of feet from the desk. We go to it first thing when boarding.

SHHHHHH!!! keep this a secret.

I'll give you a little secret not many know.

There was a small kiosk on the Jewel and when we boarded, the shore excursion desk was closed. We were able to reserve the clam shell at the kiosk.

I don't know if the Gem has one, but it is usually a couple of feet from the desk. We go to it first thing when boarding.

SHHHHHH!!! keep this a secret.

Great tip, thanks for the secret, I won't tell anyone....

How much are they?

On Jewel in February it was about $30. The "ticket" you get for the clamshell also serves as your tender ticket, so no need to wait in line to get a separate one of those. Another tip: some of the clamshells have a mesh strip along the back and some don't. When you get on GSC, try to get one with the strip -- it allows some airflow. Otherwise, you have shade but it still gets mighty hot without any circulation under there. Also, as the early arrivals start to leave after lunch, many shells become available if you weren't able to get one earlier in the day (or if the one you have is way back from the water).

Archived