Air Canada or United(United Express)

PoohUnderstands

Flights are very limited to Toronto for my Canada cruise I am finding out. SW we need you to go to Canada!

Anyway, opinions please. I have heard so many horror stories of United changing times, flights, cancelling flights, etc. that I am wondering if I should avoid them? I am finding a couple decent flights under Air Canada but actually flown by United Express. Should I stick with straight Air Canada flights or just pick the best flight for my needs no matter which airline?

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

Pooh

Not quite sure what you are talking about with "flights are very limited", at least if you are referring to DEN to YYZ.

UA will do that non-stop, as will AC. And both carrier's flights get code-shared with each other.

With stops, you can fly UA through ORD or LGA. AA through ORD, CLT, PHL and DFW. You can take Westjet via Calgary. There are also DL options via MSP, DTW, ATL, LGA, JFK or even LAX.

So, without a LOT more input on what you are really searching for......

PS: You can find "horror stories" about every carrier, even vaunted ones like Singapore, Cathay and Emirates.

If your cruise is the end of October 2018, you can't even look up flights yet.

DEN-YYZ flight time is a little over three hours. How horrible can it get? It really makes very little difference which airline you fly. If it says AC operated by UA express, it's a UA flight anyway.

Edited by 6rugrats

If your cruise is the end of October 2018, you can't even look up flights yet.

DEN-YYZ flight time is a little over three hours. How horrible can it get? It really makes very little difference which airline you fly. If it says AC operated by UA express, it's a UA flight anyway.

All the major legacy US airlines (UA, American and Delta) as well as the two dominate Canadian airlines (Air Canada and WestJet) will offer tickets between Denver and Toronto.

Keep in mind Toronto is not a cruise port (unless your doing some great lake cruise on a very small ship). So you will probably need to get from Toronto to Quebec City or Vancouver depending on where your cruise is from. Unless you want to spend time in Toronto your likely better off booking a flight to your cruise destination. It may require a transfer but will be cheaper if booked on the same ticket.

Southwest just started to fly internationality recently. I don't think they are doing anything to Canada yet.

Denver to Toronto is a regional/express aircraft is a long trip in a fairly small aircraft. If it shows up on the Air Canada site as operated by United or United Express, that means it is a regular United flight that happens to have an Air Canada flight number also attached to it. It is very common for partners do this. A large number of Air Canada flight have United numbers and vice versa.

Also since WestJet partners with American Airlines and Delta the same thing happens there. Many WestJet operated flights also have both Delta and American number.

Hey guys,

Give me a break! Didn't know where most people look for my question, so put it in two places to see.

I know flights aren't out yet! Same with Princess'. I just like to start thinking and planning ahead of time. For all my previous cruises, except Med. of course, I have conveniently and easily used SW non-stop. This cruise kinda threw me for a loop.

I wasn't finding alot of good flights and just in case I was missing something I went on CC for some advise and maybe a different way to look for flights, etc. I trust you guys!!!!

So sorry if I goofed. I am still looking, but at this point, waiting for real time availability both directly with airlines and with Princess. Guess my age is catching up with me. Didn't mean to offend.

Pooh

For all my previous cruises, except Med. of course, I have conveniently and easily used SW non-stop. This cruise kinda threw me for a loop.

I wasn't finding alot of good flights

Define "good flights" please. No, I'm not being flip with you, but "good" means different things to different people. I take it you define "good" as meaning "Southwest can get me there" which you found not to be true for this particular destination. What was it about the alternatives that you found to be "not good?" As Flyertalker said, there are multiple airlines that fly to Canada from the US, but without knowing exactly what you're looking for or specifically why you didn't like what you saw, it's difficult to make a suggestion.

First of all, thanks for all your honest input. My frustration is I cannot find a non-stop flight that doesn't get me into Toronto or elsewhere until around 11pm-midnight. From there, there is definitely at least 1 stop if not two. I look up AC or United and they have sooooo many options and things I wouldn't even realize you have to pay extra (you know SW doesn't have all that) and my head just started spinning is all.

I just thought I would ask on CC as there is such a wealth of information here, that maybe I was missing something that would make all this easier. Guess there really isn't. I just don't like to arrive at an unfamiliar airport and city at 11pm or so at night!

I guess I was looking to you guys for a minor miracle! :halo::D

I wasn't finding alot of good flights

My frustration is I cannot find a non-stop flight that doesn't get me into Toronto or elsewhere until around 11pm-midnight. From there, there is definitely at least 1 stop if not two.

I just don't like to arrive at an unfamiliar airport and city at 11pm or so at night!

Thank you for the extra information. It's becoming clear that for YOU, "good flights" means nonstop and an arrival earlier in the day, and preferably on WN which you've found isn't possible.

As your actual travel dates aren't available yet, it's hard to say exactly what will be available. But assuming you find the same as you're finding now, you might need to prioritize which is more important: nonstop or earlier arrival. For me, I have few nonstop options from my home airport so almost always have at least one connection. I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother me. Connections are not the horrific beast that many make them out to be. ;)

And with a late arrival, I'd just fly in a day earlier than planned so I could sleep in the following morning without having a set itinerary to adhere to that day. If it's a matter of feeling safe at that hour, perhaps hire a private car service to get you where you need to go if you don't think you'll feel comfortable in a taxi or whatever. Hard to advise though, since it's unclear WHY you don't want to arrive that late.

One thing that often frustrates folks going from west to east is how the day gets "eaten up" by time changes and connections. Which means that to avoid getting in late in the evening, you have to start early in the day.

The OP may want to consider a red-eye to either LGA or CLT or PHL and then connect to YYZ. You'd get in before noon. Or, take the very first flight out in the morning to a connection point (say between 6am and 8am) to again arrive earlier. There will be inconvenience - you just need to choose whether that's on the front or back end.

Just as a note, the airport at SEA is mobbed at 6am in SEA. Lots of flights before 8am to get folks started on their journeys. And often those flights fill up fast, just because they can get you arriving earlier.

If looking for cheap flights

option is to take SW to BUF then the train to Toronto

the station is across from the Royal York hotel when you arrive

Looking at this years schedule AC have a 11:30 am flight arrive YYZ at

4:30pm non stop

keep watching for next years schedule to open up maybe they have the same flight