Book a cabin as a single and adding another passenger later?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:03 PM.
Adelaide
60 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Hi,
Does anyone know if I book a cabin on my own, can I add another passenger in to the same cabin down the track?
I'm looking at Pacific Eden.
Thanks
Melbourne
106 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
I did it last year. Booked on board a cruise for one (then at a special price for a single) but when I got home my son wanted to come too so I rang P&O and for the difference between a single fare and a twin they altered it. Was on the Eden actually.

Since then however they have discontinued the special fares for singles (now the same as two) so why don't you book for two anyway. I do that now and if my son doesn't want to come then he is just a no show. This is what people are doing. Only downside is if a no show then you may lose some OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1951 - SS Otranto: UK - Aus
2015 - Pacific Jewel: Sth Aus
2015 - Pacific Jewel: Tas, Sth Aus, Vic - New Year
2016 - Pacific Eden: Kangaroo Island
2016 - Pacific Jewel: Sth Aus
2016 - Pacific Jewel: NSW, Qld - New Year
2017 - Pacific Eden: Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Isle Pines, Mystery Island

2017 - Pacific Jewel: Christmas cruise Australia
2018 - Pacific Jewel: New Zealand/Tasmania
2018 - Pacific Eden: Loyalty Islands
2018 - Carnival Legend: New Zealand
Adelaide
60 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Thanks Ondine, I might just do that, as I just spoke to P&O and they said "adding a passenger will be subject to availability" which makes sense - if the cruise is running 100% full they can't just go adding passengers in.
I think you suggestion is good, as at least that way, they don't miss out.