Cunard Fare vs Early Saver Fare

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:35 AM.
Wigan, Lancashire
259 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Re my earlier post of a few minutes ago on this topic, forgot to mention that Cunard also gave us free coach travel from the North of England to the ship in Southampton - just keeps getting better......

David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alaska - Regal Princess - May 1999
Baltic - Crown Princess - May 2004
Mediterranean - Sea Princess - 2006
Canada & New England - Grand Princess - October 2008
Fjords & North Cape - Grand Princess - May 2011
Mediterranean - Queen Victoria - October 2011
Europe, Arts & Craft Cruise - Ocean Countess - May 2012
Fjords & Waterfalls - Queen Victoria - June 2012
Azores & Canary Islands - Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2012
Atlantic Isles Discovery - Queen Victoria - May 2013
Fjords & Waterfalls - Queen Victoria - June 2013
Wonders of the Mediterranean - Queen Victoria - October 2014
Lusitania Remembered - Queen Victoria - May 2015
Spain & Italy - Queen Elizabeth - October 2015
Spain and France - Emerald Princess - May 2016
Iberia & Canary Islands - Queen Elizabeth - Sept 2016
France & Spain - Crown Princess - May 2017
Queen Elizabeth 2's 50th Anniversary - Sept 2017

Future Cruises:

Queen Victoria - Baltic Highlights - August 2018
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,310 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
For those that may need to book Solo fares , It is best checking both fares as sometimes the Cunard fare is cheaper than the Early Saver or Saver fare, especially were flights are involved. The same applies to booking the new solo cabins, Check the sole occupancy of a double stateroom against a solo stateroom and again the doubles sometimes work out cheaper.
UK
1,912 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Thanks for the further comments. I think we are leaning slightly toward the Cunard Fare.

While we are on the Queen Elizabeth in January we will have a word with the people in the bookings department and look at the Future Credit scheme. Do we have to give them the name of a travel agent in case we decide to go down that route rather than book direct with Cunard?

And are there any (obvious) questions we should be asking?

Can't believe I'm taking about a cruise in 2019, but the San Francisco back to Southampton via Iceland on the QE sounds fab and I suspect that one could sell out quickly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,310 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by babs135
Thanks for the further comments. I think we are leaning slightly toward the Cunard Fare.

While we are on the Queen Elizabeth in January we will have a word with the people in the bookings department and look at the Future Credit scheme. Do we have to give them the name of a travel agent in case we decide to go down that route rather than book direct with Cunard?

Can't believe I'm taking about a cruise in 2019, but the San Francisco back to Southampton via Iceland on the QE sounds fab and I suspect that one could sell out quickly.
Future Cruise Deposits are explained here
https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/FCD
No you do not need to given them a name of a Travel agent.
If you book on Board in the Future Cruise Office, you may get further onboard Credit, It is worth asking.
Lancashier
243 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by babs135

I think you would have to give the name of your T/A when booking on ship, other wise it may go to straight to Cunard,you should get $200 o.b.s. each with booking on ship, also some commission from your T/A.
UK
1,912 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Any advantage to actually booking another cruise whilst on board rather than take the future credit deposit?

Sorry, just read last two posts which talk about booking rather than the FCD.

Two further questions: we don't have a regular ta, TBH we just book with the one who is the cheapest. Would this make any difference?
And secondly
We've just discovered an American ta (DD used her to great benefit in August). Could we use this firm or are we stuck with a UK agent?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Lancashier
243 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
By booking on board you will get $200. Each o.b.c. On two adults only. And they will pass the booking on to your t/a if requested, but only on a Cunard fare.��
Vale of Glamorgan
3,452 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The amount of OBC depends on the type of cabin booked and the length of the cruise

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
1,912 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
So just when I thought I totally understood the FCD/and actually booking whilst on board this thread appeared and slightly confused me all over again !!

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sh....php?t=2494413
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises: