lunch upon debarkation

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:48 PM.
Oregon
1,519 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by Lucky TGO
Thanks Jim what about me?? I told everyone to go there first. Just kidding have a great cruise!!
Tony
We didn't know row boat captains could be so sensitive ...

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 10-night Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess, Jan. 12, 2018; 1-night Transatlantic to Barcelona, Crown Princess, April 3, 2018; 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018

2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY, TA. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean; Emerald Princess, Vancouver to L.A.
18,260 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by lauren0309
Regal Princess embarkation day
I would go to the buffet. Plenty of choices, from light lunch (Horizon Bistro) to heavy lunch (Horizon Court)
Chelsea MA
3,979 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by jasbo49
We didn't know row boat captains could be so sensitive ...

Jim
OK Jim you got me But there’s only one real Rowboat on the Charles River in Boston.
So don’t make fun of it’s Captain or you mite be walking the plank someday.
The Captain of The Rowboat,
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

seattle
150 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We have always boarded as early as possible (usually around 11:00ish) and head to the the main dining room that is open. It feels like we are sneaking in an extra day, the room is usually pretty empty, and it feels like our cruise officially begins when that first napkin is placed in my lap! But...shhhhhh....don’t tell anyone. Let’s just keep it our secret.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

316 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by easyboy
I would go to the buffet. Plenty of choices, from light lunch (Horizon Bistro) to heavy lunch (Horizon Court)
Not to hijack the the thread but: I've often wondered if there were a difference between the two? Is that true? Bistro has "lighter" food than the Court?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming cruise:
Regal Princess November 5-12, 2017 - Western Caribbean
Past cruises:
HAL Koningsdam November 9 - November 13, 2016
Disney Dream April 29-May 2, 2016
Regal Princess November 3-8, 2015
Disney Dream February 27, 2014
Disney Magic November 6, 2013
Disney Dream November 2012
Video "trip report" of sorts here: http://youtu.be/zoUStVx3mq4
Norwegian Pearl November 2010
UK
388 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by Lucky TGO
Thanks Jim what about me?? I told everyone to go there first. Just kidding have a great cruise!!
Tony
Sorry Tony, I was thanking for an answer to a specific query.

Thank you Tony for answering OPs question.
18,260 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Scrappygrrl
Not to hijack the the thread but: I've often wondered if there were a difference between the two? Is that true? Bistro has "lighter" food than the Court?

On embarkation, my DW prefers the Pastry Station at the Bistro while I indulge myself with hot dishes at the Court

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Inland Empire, CA
10,089 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Burgmeister
Can you ask for items to be left off of the pizzas?
Although not on the list of ingredients for any of the pizzas, I believe all of the Alfredo's also have pepperoni available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
Raleigh, N.C.
12,018 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
We did the Bon Voyage Experience last year on the Regal after leaving the Caribbean Princess--so for us it was a debarkation lunch. We ate in the main dining room and thought the food was much better than what we had had for the embarkation lunch on the CB a week earlier.