Smile tour in vietnam with thi

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:41 PM.
Spain
742 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Hi
I just had a mail from Thi and she confirmed me we would be back from de delta river tour at 5.30pm. This is the time when it gets dark.

So I should not worry to much.

I just leave everything the way I have got it organized.
Spain
742 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
hello everybody,

I had news from Thi, she is going to change my tours, because she thought we leave at 12pm and not at 4pm.

This means, first day HCMC trip, 2nd deltamekong tour

She said, trust me, I am going to organize something good for you.
Melbourne, Australia
46 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
We just completed a 16 night cruise on Diamond Princess disembarking in Singapore on 18/4/12. In VIETNAM Phu My (Saigon) we had pre-arranged a private tour for 20 persons with Thi at Smile tours based on positove reviews I had read on cruise critic and trip advisor. Our ship was supposed to dock at 7am but due to a container ship sinking at Phu My port the ship was not able to dock until 12.pm. Thi had left HCMC at 4.30am to reach the port at 7am and then waited for us until 12.00pm to disembark. If that is not AMAZING service I don't know what is. Due to the delay caused by the unfortunate accident at the port (even though the captain allowed us more time on shore), we didn't have as much time as originally planned, but Thi managed to fit everything in as planned, including a stop at Notre Dame church and post office (was supposed to be a drive by only). We gave lunch a miss (which made sense given the time we got into HCMC) and this was not a problem as lunch was not included in the tour cost of $65 (for a group of 20). We also missed the war museum so we could fit everything else in. Also our group decided we preferred to spend more time at the market and skip the laquerware factory. Thi was exceptional in every way under very difficult circumstances for all. She gave us a great tour and got us back to the ship on time and never once did she complain about the hours she had to wait, the total length of her day or the money she lost as a result of over 10 persons not showing up (she had to pay the port fees for these people as well as losing their payment). Her english is outstanding. She is a lovely person. Her communication skills prior to the day were amazing. She responded to emails very quickly and nothing was a problem. She allows flexibility in the itinerary. In short, she was a consummate professional and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend her. We paid cash on completion of the tour.

[email protected]
BC, Canada
898 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Can anyone who used Smile (Thi) for Hanoi, Halong Bay and/or Hoian give me their comments about their experience, suggestions etc?

Also, we only have a morning in Halong Bay (ship leaves at 1 pm) and Thi has suggested a 4 hr private junk tour...just a little nervous about missing the ship so was wondering about a ship's tour there instead?