Port Shuttle info from P&O pages

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:22 AM.
Southampton
11 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
We're on the same late June cruise to the Greek Islands and I've been trying to find out if there's a shuttle from Souda Bay to Chania. The original itinerary stated Chania as destination but we're docking at Souda Bay and it looks as though there's not much there of interest. Can anybody help please?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
East Yorkshire
207 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by thecatcher
We called at Pireaus on recent P&O Ventura cruise and there was no shuttle bus, we had to walk about 10 mins. to the dock gates.
That sounds about right. I like walking through the various working ports such as Piraeus.
Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
251 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by Teddy123
This link now seems dead and the detailed info seems to have disappeared from the P&O FAQ pages.
Given shuttle bus service is a benefit of the select fare it seems unreasonable that P&O don't provide an up to date list.

If anyone could provide a link to an up-to-date list I would be very grateful.
57 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by RobinRed62
We're on the same late June cruise to the Greek Islands and I've been trying to find out if there's a shuttle from Souda Bay to Chania. The original itinerary stated Chania as destination but we're docking at Souda Bay and it looks as though there's not much there of interest. Can anybody help please?

Hi, we went to that port on a RCI cruise a few years ago, and yes we had a free shuttle bus from Souda to Chania, it dropped and picked us up right on the sea front in Chania.

Hope this helps
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Southampton
11 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by davidlocky
Hi, we went to that port on a RCI cruise a few years ago, and yes we had a free shuttle bus from Souda to Chania, it dropped and picked us up right on the sea front in Chania.

Hope this helps

Thank you yes it does help. Fingers crossed P&o will also offer one.

UK
391 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Canuker
Going on our first P&O cruise to the Baltic in May 2017.
The P&O port shuttle bus list is not something I shall be relying on.

Example: we call at Copenhagen - but not at the quay that P&O shows in its list*.
I'm wondering if the list is not kept too current.

My first impressions of P&O are that they are not very communicative about what's going to happen on our cruise and when.

Example: we now have a glossy "Holiday Handbook" from them, which is mainly about booking shore excursions while on this cruise. But we have yet to be formally told of each port's arrival and departure times; fairly essential, basic material when visiting a port, I'd say.

Does anyone have views on P&O's ability to share information with its passengers, either before or during the cruise?

* We found this out from Copenhagen's own port website, P&O have been silent so far about this.
There are many sites where you may find this information. It just takes a little Googling. However, I don't rely entirely on Google and visit the individual port arrival and departure schedule information for each port of call, far more accurate, in my experience. Takes a little more effort with inputting ship, date of arrival etc.

Too late for you and your cruise but maybe of help to others.